Blog 59 12/12/07

It's the 12th of the 12th and time for a blog! This is totally epic because loads of people did stuff in a massive blur of activity! Enjoy.

<h3>Box O' Pills</h3>

Here we go! It's the new allied pillbox by Poggel with bits taken from Ric's old model.

This is the allies anti-infantry defence structure so don't get too close soviets or your going to feel it in the respawn. This is essentially an auto machinegun bunker which automatically targets enemy units but prioritizes on infantry so if you exit your vehicle whilst sieging on of these, expect to get shot at personally.

Pillbox_WIP_3.pngPillbox_WIP_4.png

Pillbox_WIP_6.png

<h3>Rhino Tank</h3>

The Rhino Heavy Tank is the main battle tank of the Soviet Union.

Rhino tanks are designed to be heavily armored and mount a large 120mm gun, but sacrifice speed for this privilege. Like the Heavy Tank before it, the Rhino tank is more heavily armored and more heavily armed than its counterpart, the Grizzly Tank, but is also slower. Being very effective against vehicles, it forms the bulk of the frontline vehicles fielded in combat. And, like most other tanks, it is capable of grinding infantry under its treads and is good at shelling buildings in groups. Soviet high command deemed the Rhino tank worthy of mass production, and it is deployed throughout the Soviet Union, and to all major battlefields currently.

Here it is The model was operated on by myself.

RhinoTankFinals.png

<h3>Wireframe Mode</h3>

Hey guys we have no textures, we can't release! Wait a sec!? I have a great idea! Lets release this in wireframe mode!

Kudos to danpaul88 for this awesomeness.

Click for wireframe.

<h3>March of the Unwrappers</h3>

dtrngd, Ric and Chevy787 have all been working their socks off to bring unwraps for the texture artists so that we don't have to release everything in wireframe mode. We have sevaral things that are being worked on right now.

Chevy787 has the soviet technician's gas bottled backpack for his welder.

dtrngd has been working on the Allied Wall.

Last but by no means least, Ric has been re-unwrapping the Flak Track! Racing texture especially for C&C_Pwnr69.

<h3>PPSH 41</h3>

danpaul88 has been rigging this beast of a weapon, which the soviet conscript shall wield. I personally can;t wait to use this gun in combat because it reminds me of some legendary gangster movies. We should really rig it to fire balls of cream like in Bugsy Malone :)

Here's another video courtesy of the good man himself.

Two videos in one blog!? Blasphemy!

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

I'm a very happy chappy, but coursework is still around and about.

Pete needs to read the forums.

Merovingian is the coolest Liverpudlian that I know.

Ric, Chevy787 and dtrngd are all legends for unwrapping things.

danpaul88 is just a legend. No questions asked.

Chronojam has lots of suprises for everyone, in fact, he is always full of suprises!

Nameme is back after a stint away.

Poggel and rm5248 are working hard on some models for you people. rm5248 is also the owner of the BANHAMMER according to Mammutpanzer.

Soviet_Deso will hopefully have a suprise for you next week!

LeAlex will get to work on some textures soon.

Mjfabian has kindly accepted to texture the IFV. Turret switching minigame's for everyone. Bash those buttons! (Not really, but it would be rather fun, the part about the texturing is the trues though).

drunkill will be texturing some stuff for us so expect updates on his work in the coming weeks.

<h3>OWA's Community Support Shed</h3>

Shed Head

I know that everyone does this but I had this down last year so here it is again. Purely and simply....

Apocalypse_rising_iwantyou.png

<h3>End Transmission</h3>

That be the end. Phew, that was a lot. I hope you're satisfied.

One last thing. See if you can find the easter egg hidden within the blog. It contains a secret message :D

Alright, seeya next time!

Guest Westy543

I sees the surprise. It's a nice one. :)

Oh, and I really like the pillbox. At first I glanced over the Rhino render and was like "Wasn't that last blog?" ... :D

hey guy loce the blog as always but is the ppsh41 what the soviet conscripts used i always thought they would use an AK-47,AK-74,or AKSU-74U... i know the PPsh is a russian gun but it just doesn't fell right and i hope that wasn't the Auto fireing ...it didn't look right ...like it was fireing too slow or something

im sry im just being honest as a fan

hey guy loce the blog as always but is the ppsh41 what the soviet conscripts used i always thought they would use an AK-47,AK-74,or AKSU-74U... i know the PPsh is a russian gun but it just doesn't fell right and i hope that wasn't the Auto fireing ...it didn't look right ...like it was fireing too slow or something

im sry im just being honest as a fan

Look closely at these two pictures. There is also concept art including the PPSH 41 as the conscript's main weapon.

sovietconscript.jpgconscript.gif

in the pic you put up on the blog way back when we last talked about the conscripts helmet you posted a pic of a bunch of cons standing around holding AK's

see --> http://www.bluehellproductions.com/forum/index.php...14519&st=30

scroll down 3rd from the bottom

Edited by WallyWooD

PPSH firing rate: Not final, although it probably will be a bit faster in full auto mode for final.

I loved this blog, also I noticed the "umm? O.O" smiley thing in the PTs.

Those are PT's I made for my clan using some of the custom smilies off our forums. It's kind of an inside joke :p

in the pic you put up on the blog way back when we last talked about the conscripts helmet you posted a pic of a bunch of cons standing around holding AK's

see --> http://www.bluehellproductions.com/forum/index.php...14519&st=30

scroll down 3rd from the bottom

That's the only image that has the conscript armed with an AK47. The ingame conscript carries a PPSH as well as in the final Yuri's revenge cutscene.

OWA your right ...sry i was mistaken

Lol i have this feeling that the PPSH should have more than just 30 bullets, its a spray gun lol

hes right in a drum clip can hold anywhere from 100 to 250 (if its a single drum like on a PPSH)

Guest TruYuri

Bah, forgot to post >_>

Looking great, that PPSH is damn near inspiring for a wanna-be rigger like myself, although I've noticed it has clipping issue with the player camera near the back of the gun. Nice job danpaul88, and nice job on the Rhino, OWA.

Edited by TruYuri

Guest Nod Soldier(BmLlK)

There is a reason why the Conscripts in RA2 use the PPsh and not more the AK47.

The PPSh-41 became the staple of the Soviet Army soldier in the Second World War. The PPSh-41 was given a need to fill as a cheap to produce and mechanically simple submachine gun with a high rate of fire.

Designed by Georgii Shpagin, the lessons learned in battles throughout the forests of Finland and the masses of small arms lost to the advancing Germans precipitated a need for such a weapon. The PSPSh-41 was capable to the extent that it was designed to be. The weapon was designed to fire in a simplistic full automatic mode with n integrated compensator to help prevent climb during fire. The system could be fitted with a 35-round curved box magazine or the 71-round Suomi drum, the latter being the more recognizable fitting.

By 1945, a reported five million PPSh-41's were in circulation. Their simple manufacturing processes made sure that the weapon would find its way into the hands of the millions of Red Army soldiers waiting for them. The robust weapon would go on to turn the tide of the West Front in the favor of the Soviets and drive the German invaders back to Berlin.

PPSh-41's went on to be produced in other Soviet-supported countries as well, though their numbers were greatly diminished with the arrival of the equally important Kalashnikov Ak-47 assault rifles.

So; again:

Their simple manufacturing processes made sure that the weapon would find its way into the hands of the millions of Red Army soldiers waiting for them.

After the first big War and Stalins Death, the Soviet Army had to give all there Aircrafts and some other important Technology away.

Like Germany after the WWI; the Soviet Union in RA had to pay for there defeat.

After this they had to rearm there troops with low-priced; but robust machine guns; so the PPsh was a good option.

A PPsh is cheaper then an AK47, it has more ammo and I guess that's the reason why the Conscripts are armed with that gun.

Just higher rank units, like Boris; who is armed with an AK74-SU; get more expensive guns.

Nice blog AR-Team! :D

Edited by Nod Soldier(BmLlK)