Blog 70 (27/02/08)

Welcome to blog 70! I've had a very good, but tiring week, so not many chances to do work on AR, but let's see what we have eh.

<h3>Weapon List Per Character</h3>

To start this ball rolling, here is a list of what weapons you can expect to see in RC1 for which character. All of these are pretty much debatable aside from the obvious ones like the Tesla Trooper's Zapper.

Weapon List for RC1 Per Character:

• Soviet Conscript -> PPSh-41
  • Soviet Technician -> Gas Welder, Stenchkin APS or Makarov PMM, Pliers (for disarming bombs?)
  • Soviet Engineer -> Suitcase, Stenchkin APS or Makarov PMM, Pliers (for disarming bombs?)
  • Soviet Tesla Trooper -> Zapper
  • Soviet Flak Trooper -> Portable Flak Cannon
  • Soviet Crazy Ivan -> Time Bomb, Dynamite stick, Combat Knife or Combat Machete
  • Allied GI -> Some sort of light machine pistol, like this and when deployed, this.
  • Allied Technician -> Cordless Impact Drill, Beretta 9mm, Pliers (for disarming bombs?)
  • Allied Engineer -> Suitcase, Beretta 9mm, Pliers (for disarming bombs?)
  • Allied GGI -> Spectre SMG and, when deployed, AT4
  • Allied SEAL -> MP5, C4
  • Allied Rocketeer -> A gun that is built into his jetpack.

Few other things

No - Every AR character won't carry a pistol.

No - Every AR character won't carry C4.

Yes - AR's characters will have infinite ammo for all but a few weapons (limted C4 etc.).

Yes - The above decisions are final.

<h3>Rocketeer</h3>

So I came home today and speed modelled this guy. Rocketeers are Allied flying infantrymen that use a powerful jet pack to fly around. Rocketeers are useful for attacking ground and air units. In large enough numbers, Rocketeers can decimate infantry, buildings, and light vehicles in moments. They can also shoot down V3 rockets while they are in flight. They are very fast and can be used in hit-and-run raids on Soviet bases relatively flawlessly.

Unfortunately, due to the need to keep weight low to maintain flight, Rocketeers have little armor. Soviet units like the Flak Track or the Flak Trooper can easily shoot down rocketeers.

I haven't completed the rest of the head yet but you get the general idea. Jetpack by rm5248!

rocketeer.png

<h3>Allied War Factory Video</h3>

Here is a 360 degree pan of the Allied War Factory so you can see everything that has been done to it. Ric posed the camera for this video and I rendered it.

Allied_War_Factory.rar

<h3>Allied Pillbox</h3>

The Pillbox is a basic defense employed by the Allies which is, essentially, a small bunker like structure from which a soldier fires a mounted machine gun. It is used to prevent Soviet infantry advances.

Poggel updated the model witha new bunker and some neat sandbags (big thanks to Fobby and the Renegade 07 team for the sandbags).

Pillbox_WIP2_4-1.png

<h3>GameFusion Launcher</h3>

Tankmaster has been developing a nice little tool that will help you to manage your games and mods. You can download updates, run mods and check the file paths of a wide range of games.

As you can see, APB and Reborn have already been added in the exclusive indie games category. Also, I used this tool to skip the TFD launcher all together when I wanted to play Red Alert 1. It was fun. Expect AR to be added to the list upon it's release!

MainScreen.pngOptions-GamesScreen.png

Pretty cool huh?

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

Well, I had my university interview on saturday and I think it went really rather well. I showed the teacher the Apocalypse Rising trailer and then when I went to show her my model renders she said "I think I've already made up my mind, you seem to be a very capable student." She also couldn't believe the scale of these projects which was pretty cool. Also, I had my theatre studies practical exam earlier today, I'm hoping to get a good mark on that since the written exams are much tougher.

I saw Pete yesterday as he was on his way to catch the train. I was waiting for the bus, so we had a talk about a few AR things :)

The bus never did come in the end.... bastard

Chevy's finished re-unwrapping some bits and pieces with Ric, so now we need textures.

danpaul88's patcher reduces download sizes.

Little bit of trivia for you: If I was to release an AR patch right now (patch 2 -> my working version) the patch file for always.dat would be just 4.5mb, instead of having to download the entire size of 84.4mb. This means the patch would be 79.9mb smaller than it would without the patcher.

In other words: You download just 5.33% of the amount you would have to download normally.

Cool eh?

dtrngd has started on a new map. You'll just have to wait for that one :D

<h3>OWA's Community Support Limo</h3>

bill-gates-car.jpg

Yeah I jacked Bill Gate's ride.

Mathk1ll is in need of staffers over at http://www.scudstorm.com

If you want to help, contact him there.

C&C Reborn was released after four years of waiting. This leads me into the next feature.

<h3>Blast from the Renepast</h3>

As hell freezes over Reborn is released. So lets take a look at the older version that was conceived.

Reborn 2003 was produced by a group known as Deezer Studios. None of the original team remain apart from (if I'm not mistaken) Renardin and Kalle Bowo.

The graphics were a shadow of the new version's and the gameplay was horribly imbalanced. The mechs had continous walking animations (something that has since been fixed) and the refinery had no collisions on it.

However there were a few nice things to it. The Cyborg Commando's first person view came up with this pretty awesome looking HUD however, it restricted your view. The Mammoth MK2 was pretty damn epic (especially when racing 3 of them with [FW]Wolf and C&C_Pwnr69).

There was a myth that Steppo spread around that Reborn 2003 could reformat your windows 98 machine. I'm unsure whether this has been repeated since.

Grab the old Beta here!

The new Reborn Beta will show it's true colours when vehicles are added.

Grab the new Beta here!

<h3>Goal!</h3>

Congratulations, you win at reading!

Guest Deadpikle

I'm happy with the choice for no pistol/C4, and infinate ammo.

As I already said in IRC, that "speed" model is absolute win. In fact, everything in the blog was nice :v

^_^

• Allied GI -> Some sort of light machine pistol, like this and when deployed, this., Pliers (for disarming bombs?)
  • Allied Technician -> Cordless Impact Drill, Beretta 9mm
  • Allied Engineer -> Suitcase, Beretta 9mm, Pliers (for disarming bombs?)

I dont really think the GI is supposed to have pliers. Isnt the techie supposed to have those tho?

bill-gates-car.jpg

Yeah I jacked Bill Gate's ride.

Well, i just jacked it from you. :) MINE!!!! :D

I dont really think the GI is supposed to have pliers. Isnt the techie supposed to have those tho?

Ah shit typo. It was meant to go for the techie. Thanks for pointing it out Glaedr :D

Fix'd!

Guest TankMaster

Sorry for being a stupid, but what does RC1 stand for?

RC means Release Candidate, and 1 being the first one. It is like a beta, before a full version. There can be more than one RC. Some programs can go through as many as 8 or 10 RC's before releasing a full program. Maybe more than that.

Correct me if I am wrong on this, but just my quick little response :p.

Guest Docgrit74

RC means Release Candidate, and 1 being the first one. It is like a beta, before a full version. There can be more than one RC. Some programs can go through as many as 8 or 10 RC's before releasing a full program. Maybe more than that.

Correct me if I am wrong on this, but just my quick little response :p.

Thank you for clearing that up.

Guest MuadDib15

Cool stretch corvette. I hope the rocketeer won't be unbalanced like the Reborn JJ.

Damn you, you stole my post.

I don't like APB's unlimited weapon thing. leave it to 400 rounds not including the ammo in the gun.

wow love the blog again ...but i have a suggestion on the allied reg. GI on his primary ... i sugest M4 carbine

its fire rate is sim. to the ppsh and in range also ...looks better and the allies need a rifle as the Soviets have one ...also has way less power then the deployed gun so that would make since, also ...its modern gun so it would follow the timeline in RA2....and last point is pretty BAD ASS too ...here a pic. and info on it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M4_carbine

:D

Guest killertomato

I don't like APB's unlimited weapon thing. leave it to 400 rounds not including the ammo in the gun.

Quoted for troof (and great justice).

Edited by killertomato

Guest killboy06

Quoted for troof (and great justice).

Both of you fail.

Anyways, nice blog OWA as always. Like the War Factory. Very sweet looking. ^_^

Damn you, you stole my post.

Few other things

No - Every AR character won't carry a pistol.

No - Every AR character won't carry C4.

Yes - AR's characters will have infinite ammo for all but a few weapons (limted C4 etc.).

Yes - The above decisions are final.

Guest Xiphias6

lol @ OWA

Using AR's trailer and stuff for a university entrance rofl :p Pretty spectacular.

Ah, perhaps *cough*They're real experimental rocketeers in the US Army*cough*

Unlimited ammo is essential, running out of ammo while going to rush an enemy base with a Tanya/Boris will kill you :p

Guest commander_crazy

id just like to say something please do not put the m249 saw in there i belive they use m60s if u dont no what they are look em up coz i swear ive seen em carry em in the cutscenes and i like the idea of the smg being a mp7 only put the m249 in if ur 100% sure there m249s ill get onto it

wow love the blog again ...but i have a suggestion on the allied reg. GI on his primary ... i sugest M4 carbine

its fire rate is sim. to the ppsh and in range also ...looks better and the allies need a rifle as the Soviets have one ...also has way less power then the deployed gun so that would make since, also ...its modern gun so it would follow the timeline in RA2....and last point is pretty BAD ASS too ...here a pic. and info on it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M4_carbine

:D

gi_outfit.jpg

It's a pain when you have an enemy building on red health and you run out of ammo. AR will have beiiger maps than, say, Renegade or Reborn so the unlimited ammo will be a lot handier to have. I always find myself running out of ammo on Renegade and, to be honest, it's a big pain in the ass. Also, not every AR infantry unit carries a pistol because it is untrue to RA2 as is running out of ammo.

id just like to say something please do not put the m249 saw in there i belive they use m60s if u dont no what they are look em up coz i swear ive seen em carry em in the cutscenes and i like the idea of the smg being a mp7 only put the m249 in if ur 100% sure there m249s ill get onto it

We'll either go with the m249 SAW or more realistically, the fictional weapon that the GI is seen to be carrying here.

con01.jpg

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

Love the rocketeer. And "GameFusion launcher" too, when is that released together with Ar, or maybe before? But I can't open the war factory vid, with, and I have the "Combined Community Codec Pack"

Guest commander_crazy

http://www.timeofwar.com/ar2/images/screen...e/gi_outfit.jpg

It's a pain when you have an enemy building on red health and you run out of ammo. AR will have beiiger maps than, say, Renegade or Reborn so the unlimited ammo will be a lot handier to have. I always find myself running out of ammo on Renegade and, to be honest, it's a big pain in the ass. Also, not every AR infantry unit carries a pistol because it is untrue to RA2 as is running out of ammo.

We'll either go with the m249 SAW or more realistically, the fictional weapon that the GI is seen to be carrying here.

http://cncgames.com/concept/con01.jpg

wow that looks like an m249 a bit if its that or the m249 i saw m249 i do love a bit of realism but farfetched mixed like mgs

by the way the spectre is called a spectre m4 if u want the full name in game http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectre_M4