Blog 77 (16/04/08)

Based on the vid, the rockets even in clusters don't do as much damage as I expected. Several hits on the War Factory and its barely scathed. Hey, I'm not destructively criticizing the IFV, I know you guys have done hard work on this, and I appreciate it. Tose 10 seconds make me itch :D

You do know that nothing is final right? The IFV hasn't been balanced into the game properly yet.

And FYI the damage has been significantly increased since that video (and the scripts finished), and they do more damage now. In the video it was actually just using the Apoc tank's anti air/infantry missiles, since the test was to make sure the SCRIPTS worked, not to do balance testing :D

also it's important to note that EVERYTHING will receive a significant damage reduction compared to RA2. You cant rebuild your buildings anymore so haveing it so that a simple IFV can take down a soviet tesla reactor with ease would be very bad for gameplay.

Guest iambryan1234

That's impossible Allie. If you could kill buildings with just a few elite prism shots, Allied forces would win too easily which means a very unfair advantage to the Allies. Cheat weapons hehe

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

That's impossible Allie. If you could kill buildings with just a few elite prism shots, Allied forces would win too easily which means a very unfair advantage to the Allies. Cheat weapons hehe

now it wasn't really that easy to get prism tanks to elite, as they are very vulnerable, and high tier units meaning they need to kill a lot of things before getting promoted

Guest Kakashi

It wasn't hard to get a few elite V3s though... kill two or three base defences: Tadaa, elite. Seriously there are so many units that killed buildings in seconds... even a few deployed GIs took out buildings in really short time. It wouldn't be feasable for an FPS, the players would not have enough time to react. So the health boost is alright.

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

It wasn't hard to get a few elite V3s though... kill two or three base defences: Tadaa, elite. Seriously there are so many units that killed buildings in seconds... even a few deployed GIs took out buildings in really short time. It wouldn't be feasable for an FPS, the players would not have enough time to react. So the health boost is alright.

but what does the V3 have to do with the prism tanks :D a prism tank shot you can't evade once it got targeted properly at you, while you can do that when you see a huge v3 rocket comming towards you you can then just move out of the area it hits

Guest Rufrky

but what does the V3 have to do with the prism tanks :D a prism tank shot you can't evade once it got targeted properly at you, while you can do that when you see a huge v3 rocket comming towards you you can then just move out of the area it hits

Especial when that prism tank gets fully promoted, talk about some nasty spread. Same thing would happen with tesla tech also, only difference there is the range was not as long as the prism tank.

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

Especial when that prism tank gets fully promoted, talk about some nasty spread. Same thing would happen with tesla tech also, only difference there is the range was not as long as the prism tank.

and only rusia could get actual tesla tanks, others had to suffice with Tesla troopers, unless you captured a Allied War Factory so you could get IFV's

Guest iambryan1234

If you ask me the whole mod needs to be modified. True, a few GIs could just take out a whole base in one minute and V3s get promoted too easily. And what is going to be the difference between an engineer and a technician, can V3s be shot before they hit the ground?

Guest Zarconium
If you ask me the whole mod needs to be modified. True, a few GIs could just take out a whole base in one minute and V3s get promoted too easily. And what is going to be the difference between an engineer and a technician, can V3s be shot before they hit the ground?

V3s can be shot down... Didn't you read the dev blogs?

Engineers can repair bridges, repair structures faster and capture tech buildings.

V3s can be shot down... Didn't you read the dev blogs?

It hasn't been tested yet.

Everybody talking about buildings being blown up in a few seconds was talking about RA2 not the mod.

Engineers repair faster than technicians and they can capture buildings where as technicians cant.

Everybody talking about buildings being blown up in a few seconds was talking about RA2 not the mod.

Engineers repair faster than technicians and they can capture buildings where as technicians cant.

Yeah, like I already said :D

also it's important to note that EVERYTHING will receive a significant damage reduction compared to RA2. You cant rebuild your buildings anymore so haveing it so that a simple IFV can take down a soviet tesla reactor with ease would be very bad for gameplay.

what ....i thought you could rebuild building in AR :D

what ....i thought you could rebuild building in AR :D

Rebuildable defences are a definite. We'll see what happens about rebuilding main structures. There are certainly a lot of ideas flying round that we'll have to take into account.

Guest player1

Jesus Christ man, look at APB is anything the same damage wise? No. It's balanced for FPS gameplay, nothing is final yet, hell nothing is even released yet. Everything will work out and be balanced right, give the fuckin team some credit and a chance here.

Jesus Christ man, look at APB is anything the same damage wise? No. It's balanced for FPS gameplay, nothing is final yet, hell nothing is even released yet. Everything will work out and be balanced right, give the fuckin team some credit and a chance here.

Always nice to be defended by fans :D

When we're happy with the artwork everything will be tested exstensivly by the testers until we and they're happy that the game's balanced and all the bugs have been ironed out.