Blog 85 (11/06/08)

Guest K1llZ0ne
And you think invincible snipers IN a building is not a problem for the Soviets? Personally I would prefer to be able to kill snipers in buildings than to be sieged in by invincible snipers in buildings.

ok just a tought, in RA2, were you able to storm a sniper garrisoned building with infantry? guess not.

I always used tanks to clear them.. + yo can also put some cover parts in the area of a building, where infantry can hide...

Edited by K1llZ0ne

Guest GummiBear

ok just a tought, in RA2, were you able to storm a sniper garrisoned building with infantry? guess not.

there was no buildings garrisoned with snipers in RA2

Guest Xiphias6

In RA2 and YR, there was NO storming of enemy garrisons. And you could only garrison G.I.s, Conscripts and Initiates. But in AR, this is an FPS.

In RA2 and YR, there was NO storming of enemy garrisons.

This is very easy to enable in rules.ini, but no unit has it enabled.

And you could only garrison G.I.s, Conscripts and Initiates.

This is because UC weapons all have the same range. If a Sniper were enabled for entering buildings, he'd have the same range from indoors as the grunts. There's not much of a reason to make this the same in AR.

Guest r34ch

This is very easy to enable in rules.ini, but no unit has it enabled.

I knew i remembered it from somewhere. I tinkered with rules.ini in both red alerts quite a bit, i remember giving SEALs this ability but i can't remember how it worked exactly now.

Ok, here is my idea for this. The buildings have small Turrets which act like the RA2 shooting that you can enter and are tied to the building health.

Or if you want to use the normal firing of your weapon you can stand at the window but you can be killed like normal.

Also how about a place on the outside of the building for Tanya, Seals and Ivan to blow it up?

Edited by ChAoS