Blog 89 (09/07/08)

Welcome to this week's blog.

This is the starter sir/madam. If you don't want the starter, please move down to the main course.

<h3>New Weapons</h3>

I have just set Ric on modelling the rest of the weapons we need for the first release.

<h5>The GI's Weapons</h5>

Now for the GI's primary burst fire weapon, I took a look at this concept.

gioutfit.jpg

Looking at that concept art I think the GI should have an HK MP5k. But then we'd have another MP-5 in the game, which is the only negative side I can think of.

We voted for this as well as the Ruger MP9 and some form of Uzi, but the MP5-K came out on top and is thus, what the GI will primarily wield.

In the rules.ini I found that the GI's secondary weapon is labeled as "Para", which is short for FN Minimi Para which is, in turn, a short barrelled variant of the M249 SAW. Problem Solved.

<h4>Ivan's Weapons</h4>

Now since Ivan doesn't have a conventional weapon, it'd be smart to give him a pistol, but not just any pistol.

In the piece of concept art below, you can clearly see that Ivan has a Revolver in the holster on his right leg.

spetznatz.jpg

So, I dug up this fearsome looking beast to give to Ivan. It's an MP-412 REX Revolver, manufactured in Russia.

I was detirmined to get a Revolver into the game somehow, and here it is :)

Ivan will also be getting a combat machete, much like this, but it depends on what Ric has in store for us. As well as a cigarette lighter to go with his boomsticks. Much like this beautiful drawing by TruYuri.

<h4>Soviet Technician/Engineer's Pistol</h4>

I honestly didn't want to give the Soviet technician a Makarov, simply because APB's Soviet Technician has the same weapon. So I did some searching and then drunkill linked me to these bizzare looking weapons.

The S4M and the MSP silent pistols.

So basically:

Made up gun based off of the MSP/S4M. Have it the same reloading style, but make it a quad barreled gun perhaps. Something crazy. So the same as the MSP but 4 bullets per clip instead of 2. Make the gun kinda squared with the 4 barrels at the front.

I like the design because it's something crazy, fun and would make for a really awesome looking weapon/reload animation.

This crazy quad barrelled weapon will surely bring a smile to your faces when you see it.

<h3>Allied Refinery</h3>

I was working on this model a while back, but I guess I didn't show it off. This is a combo mambo of both Ric and Dark/Svensmokavich's refinery models which I had around. We have not sorted out how the Chrono Miners will avoid each other when one warps and another is unloading. It is still to be discussed for when we get all this stuff setup and ingame.

Anyway, here is the exterior to this valuable allied structure.

AlliedRef-1.png

<h3>Conflab</h3>

We had a conference to sort out what was happening over the summer. We have set some primary tasks and goals to get us somewhere comfortable by the end of the summer.

Presented by the Hyper Hungarian that is dtrngd!

Here's what was going on:

One Winged Angel is about getting all of the infantry bodies ready for unwrapping, making new heads, fixing models, helping create DSAPOs for building interiors and finishing off the tesla reactor internals this summer.

He also wants to make a new trailer once we have the Grizzly and IFV in properly, and maybe doing some sound engineering.

cfehunter is planning to texture 1/2 of what chevy unwraps and make beer do the rest ^^

Zion Fox used metaphors and allegories instead of clear sentences so I'm not sure what he's up to.

danpaul88 hopped in too late unfortunately, I'll call OWA from AR High Command to contact him soon.

Ric will be contacted as well.

Nameme - *chirping*

Chevy787 is going to finish unwrapping the last part of the Soviet Walls and the Grizzly. Then later the Harrier, after that probably the Nighthawk or some weapons but we'll see. But also he needs to finish all his schooling assignmets (if thats possible :D )

rm5248 is still away, but he'll probably finish off the new first person hands. Well at least we hope so.

Poggel will probably receive instructions from the AR High Command.

TheBeerinator - grats, you overslept this one again xD

Coolrock, keep up the good work :) Moddb is a good place to catch more people's attention :)

Lord Kane, please don't kill me :)

I plan to finish Freezing Straits, then do Blood Feud (check in RA2, it's a 1v1 map) and another night time MISSION map is in plan. Also I'd like to unwrap the bodies of the infantry.

Now lets hope many of these will come true!

<h3>Going Up?</h3>

Zion has been working on the Air Force Command HQ interior and has completed the door to the main elevator. This is inspired by Metal Gear Solid 4 with that awesome RA2 flair.

Check out the video by clicking the link below.

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

I've begun to learn how to drive! My first lesson was on Monday and the instructor has said that I just have to remember to look in the mirrors and to steer with the correct hand movements, as well as concentrate on the manouver's etc. I've been driving my own car around with someone for a while, so I have the general feel of things, it's just improving on my knowledge. My theory test has been booked for the end of this month, so wish me luck! I went bowling yesterday which was fun, tomorrow I'm going to start a band of sorts. I'm trying to stop summer form becoming boring, so I'm filling my days up!

cfehunter is a legend.

Chevy787 is going on vacation to Hershey Park, he'll be back in 3 days.

danpaul88 has bought us our domain at http://www.apocrising.com

Expect the site to eventually start up when I can sort out some database issues.

Tankmaster has been coding up various applications (not AR related but still cool all the same).

<h3>OWA's Random Section</h3>

This is so funny. Thanks to Zion for linking me to it.

<center><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></center>

Check out the sequals here:

Also, caribou.

<h3>Answer Machine</h3>

Leave_a_Message.mp3

Guest Deadpikle

Allied Refinery looks amazing. Simply amazing. Need M-ORE like it! :)

Oh yeah, I started driver's ed a bit ago too. So boring lol :D

GI will be win with those two weapons!!

Ivan just keeps getting better!

That Ore Refinery is so like ingame and the pics, i love it!

Cool door animation!

And i laughed so hard at that video lmao!!

Another great blog guys!!

EDIT: Oh and GL on your driving lessons!!!

Edited by -FW-Wolf

Guest GummiBear

Nice blog those weapon gonna be nice, specially that pistol and that door animation looks soooo awesoome

In the piece of concept art below, you can clearly see that Ivan has a Revolver in the holster on his right leg.

spetznatz.jpg

also wouldn't that be on his left leg? :p

Thanks guys! ^_^

Double barreled silenced pistol for the techy. ^_^

Quad barreled. That means four barrels.

Nice blog those weapon gonna be nice, specially that pistol and that door animation looks soooo awesoome

also wouldn't that be on his left leg? :p

Thanks, also it depends how you look at it and what perspective you look at it from. To me it's his leg on the right, but to him it would be his left leg.

Wait a second. Is the minimi the GI's primary? It ain't no SMG.

Read again. The HK MP-5K is the GI's primary.

Guest Glaedr

Gl on learning to drive. Darn, i really need to go get my permit (in MS you can get a permit [you have to drive with someone with a license in the passenger seat] at 15, and you can get a intermediate (no driving past ten, dont get pulled over or god help you) at 15.5 years old, and at 18 you can get a full license.

Back on topic, great blarg.

Guest Xiphias6

Hmm, why not have the Chrono miners chrono/spawn AROUND the refinery instead of the pad? o.o If not at least spawn IN FRONT of the pad like In-game... :p

Edit: typo

Edited by Xiphias6

Guest theta123

The FN Minimi was the origenal Weapon.The US army selected it, and used it

So the FN Minimi Para is NOT a variant of the M249, the Minimi is the origenal weapon, made by FN Herstal in Belgium.So is the Para version.The US army developed their own Para version of it.

Im very crude on this :):) But keep the FN Minimi name

W00t at the Techie's pistols

AR domain, i might aswel add it to my favorites

A revolver?A new item on a W3D game

Blog time is always a fantastic time :D

Edited by theta123

Guest GummiBear

Thanks, also it depends how you look at it and what perspective you look at it from. To me it's his leg on the right, but to him it would be his left leg.

ehmm... so if a guy is standing at a 90 degree angle compared to me I got a front leg and a back leg? or if he is facing opposite way of my my back is my front and my front is my back >_>

and yeah if you do go by that logic you look at him from 90 degree angle in which it would be his back leg by your logic >_>

:p

Guest Trevelian

Heh, the fact that you gave Ivan a revolver brought a big smile to my lips, revolvers are way cooler then standard clip loaded pistols ;D.

Guest BaneOfSorrows

Blarg is epic.

ummmmm will we be able to go inside the refinery?

...because i didn't see a door............. :D

The FN Minimi was the origenal Weapon.The US army selected it, and used it

So the FN Minimi Para is NOT a variant of the M249, the Minimi is the origenal weapon, made by FN Herstal in Belgium.So is the Para version.The US army developed their own Para version of it.

Im very crude on this :):) But keep the FN Minimi name

W00t at the Techie's pistols

AR domain, i might aswel add it to my favorites

A revolver?A new item on a W3D game

Blog time is always a fantastic time :D

Thanks theta123, I wasn't too sure, since both wepons were on the same page as each other. We'll make sure to name it "FN Minimi Para".

The revolver is going to be special.

Blarg is epic.

ummmmm will we be able to go inside the refinery?

...because i didn't see a door............. :)

The interior isn't modelled yet.

Guest theta123

Thanks theta123, I wasn't too sure, since both wepons were on the same page as each other. We'll make sure to name it "FN Minimi Para".

Thanks OWA.Everyone keeps saying M249SAW is pure american.but nobody knows the true origens of it

Basicly, at this moment,all the machine guns the US army now has are Belgian designs

The 12.7 M2 Browning(browning and FN worked together on this one , The 7.62MM M240(FN MAG,Orignel FN design)and the M249SAW(wich is the FN Minimi)

Im VERY glad u guys gonna use the Belgian one.This makes AR my favorite mod now :D

Guest sadukar09

ehmm... so if a guy is standing at a 90 degree angle compared to me I got a front leg and a back leg? or if he is facing opposite way of my my back is my front and my front is my back >_>

and yeah if you do go by that logic you look at him from 90 degree angle in which it would be his back leg by your logic >_>

:p

Why are you arguing a useless logic?

Is the Tech's pistol going to shoot 4 bullets in 1 shot or 4 rapid shots?

Why are you arguing a useless logic?

Is the Tech's pistol going to shoot 4 bullets in 1 shot or 4 rapid shots?

Possibly both.

here are my notes take em USE EM! It can be done, son.

Red Alert 2, Allied Paradrop gets M4's, Soviets get AK wid foldable stock (Spetnaz). Ride on tanks, or climb them mayby, IDK. 2 poeple in a vehical, 1 drives other guns. Or Ranger full of poeple and they can all shoot out of the Vehical. as they ride. A heavy Machine gun ontop of a tank, and a Person could, man it while the drive and fires main cannon.

Red Alert 2, Allied Paradrop gets M4's, Soviets get AK wid foldable stock (Spetnaz). Ride on tanks, or climb them mayby, IDK. 2 poeple in a vehical, 1 drives other guns. Or Ranger full of poeple and they can all shoot out of the Vehical. as they ride. A heavy Machine gun ontop of a tank, and a Person could, man it while the drive and fires main cannon.

Don't forget to give the players one bar of chocolate after each kill too.

What's wrong with that, some of thats good! The M4 is a change up, hell with the little gun, they are paratroopers. i don't know.

Well the basic soviet character is the Conscript which gets PPSHs. AKs are for APB.

Riding on tanks.. well riding on units that need support (V3, Prism tank) would be okay for one person, so people won't use that for mass transport instead of Flak Tracks and Nighthawks, Battle fortresses etc. ATM we're focusing on getting stuff ingame first, and maybe add special features like this later, or if someone on the team is bored.

Only one man inside a vehicle except transport units of course. That was decided ages ago :)

So basicly Ranger full of people firing out=Battle fortress, but that is not in the first release.

We also removed the machine guns fromthe top of Rhin and Grizzly tanks. They are RA2 logic tanks, they are NOT for machine gun whoring infantry.

I'm not trying to scare you away tho. Just telling you what is/was going on when we decided these things :D

But still I love chocolate so give one to me after each kill.

Guest nimbus

That refinery is really looking epic.

Also, after watching that meatal gear thing, I feel like someone just raped my brain. I mean, seriously, what was that? I though I knew what random was when I saw the "idiots of garrys mod" stuff, but this ....

Guest Xiphias6

Riding on tanks.. well riding on units that need support (V3, Prism tank) would be okay for one person, so people won't use that for mass transport instead of Flak Tracks and Nighthawks, Battle fortresses etc.

Well, IIRC, the RA2 installer's images had a SNIPER as the Prism tank's "rider". :p