Blog 91 (23/07/08)

Welcome to this week's blog. As usual, the information you are seeking is just down of this standard protocol message. Please refer below for substantial content.

<h3>Allied Pillbox Autogun</h3>

If you look back to earlier bloags, you would notice that our pillbox had no actual weapons. But now, thanks to Poggel, we have a set of dual 50cal autoguns in place. Poggel also went so far as to create a nice animation to show it off in 3d Studio Max. Take a look below!

<center><object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="

</param> <embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object></center>

<h3>MP5 Updates</h3>

TheBeerinator has been texturising the MP5 some more and it's looking good. More detailing is still to be added. But the final result should be great :)

We have a couple of things planned for the MP5's firing modes, but I'll save that information for when I have a more definite answer.

wip-5-1.jpg

An even bigger render can be found here.

<h3>Damaged Buildings</h3>

BogdanV has beeen working on some more damaged buildings for maps. This one seems to have been bombed out by a kirov or something similar. Take a look below for pictures!

civruin1-1.jpg

civruin2-1.jpgcivruin3-1.jpg

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

I went to a sleepover on sunday and "sabotaged" my friend's computer to say hi to Eggman :) I am apparently not that bad at Rock Band as a vocalist. 100% on Hysteria by Muse on Medium! Rock on!

cfehunter bought Rock Band, which we played at the aforementioned party. He is coming over tomorrow with a couple of other friends for the day :)

Lord_Kane is handling the new posting here well. Expect a new podcast when he gets his PC back up into operation (or perhaps soomer :D)

Chevy is leaving for one week on Sunday.

rm5248's Stargate based rts mod, Final Front: Iris Offensive has switched engines! They have changed from Empire at War's Alamo engine to Red Alert 3's version of the SAGE, when it is released. This is due to community interest issues. Check out the mod here!

<h3>Key Gameplay Feature: Tea Making</h3>

<center>This indespensible ingame skill will make sure that the british sniper will stay on top of his game at all times. Tea is this guy's pentazemin.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="

</param> <embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object></center>

Observe closely. For this is not Shit Tea.

<h3>Turn the game console off right now</h3>

Fission Mailed

Guest Cyberslas

I personally don't like tea, but that is different tea than I've seen. I've never seen people put milk in tea. I could try to make some to try it...

:)

Nah...

Oh, yeah, and the MP5 is looking cooler, the buildings wreckier, and the pillbox shootier. All in all, very nice! :D

Edited by Cyberslas

Guest NX01class

The pillbox head (or top cover) seems to be to tall. I think it should be a little closer to the main body.

Other then that, very nice.

Guest theta123

Blarg!! :D

Beautifull Pillbox there.

Good job thebeer

No pic of the FN minimi para??

Ok

Nice work AR team

That pillbox looks even more awsome now!

Love that MP5 more and more lol, its coming along so well!

Those damaged buildings will give a nice RA2 feel ^_^

Lol at the team making video :p

Another great blog guys, keep it up!

Guest r34ch

Mate, treat yourself to one of these for uni or whatever.

TefalQuickCupDiagram.jpg

What the picture doesn't say is that it literally takes under 5 seconds to make a cup of tea.

Tetleys; good man.

Guest Kakashi

Psst: Weapons only have 1 projectile model, so it's either a tracer for all or a tracer for none.

CouldnÄt you give it "two" weapons, one that fires seven rounds and then reloads and another that fires one round and then reloads? You'd just have to adjust the reloadtimes and the burst lenghts so that it appears like fired from the same weapon.

Guest DXR_13KE

TEA ROCKS!!!!!

the tea bags i use have these cords and labels that help you remove the tea bags from the cup... i also make tea without tea bags, we have some tea herbs planted and buy some of them at the market.

Guest Stormweaver

Awesome MP5 - can't wait to see it ingame killing things

Awesome Pillbox - can't wait to see it ingame killing things

Awesome...no, wait, no. 4.5 mins for a cuppa? wtf are you playing at...a cuppa should take 3 mins, max. otherwise you'll get back to your PC and find your previously clear headshot bought a tank and ran you over...

btw, any work done on the sentry gun etc yet? I want to belive a demo of this will be ready soon, but so far it seems like allies will have all teh toys... :p

Mate, treat yourself to one of these for uni or whatever.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w296/r3...kCupDiagram.jpg

What the picture doesn't say is that it literally takes under 5 seconds to make a cup of tea.

Tetleys; good man.

That looks like a doomsdaydevice for tea barons such as myself. And yes, Tetleys is awesome.

CouldnÄt you give it "two" weapons, one that fires seven rounds and then reloads and another that fires one round and then reloads? You'd just have to adjust the reloadtimes and the burst lenghts so that it appears like fired from the same weapon.

What would this accomplish?

TEA ROCKS!!!!!

the tea bags i use have these cords and labels that help you remove the tea bags from the cup... i also make tea without tea bags, we have some tea herbs planted and buy some of them at the market.

I don't have a filtered teapot, so I have never used the tea leaf method in my own home, howevert I may experiment at uni :D

omg i have the same tea spoonS! loving the work keep it up guys! my ra2 maps are coming laters!

Whoah, it's a small world!

Cool animation on the pillbox, but I see you no longer want to use the sandbags we gave you :p

Those are you're sandbags (thanks again), they are just untextured.

Awesome MP5 - can't wait to see it ingame killing things

Awesome Pillbox - can't wait to see it ingame killing things

Awesome...no, wait, no. 4.5 mins for a cuppa? wtf are you playing at...a cuppa should take 3 mins, max. otherwise you'll get back to your PC and find your previously clear headshot bought a tank and ran you over...

btw, any work done on the sentry gun etc yet? I want to belive a demo of this will be ready soon, but so far it seems like allies will have all teh toys... :p

Well I didn't think it was a bad time seeing as I had the camera in my left hand. I wasn't really doing a speed run :)

The Sentry gun is viewable in some of the older blogs, I was thinking about doing a little work on it before it went into unwrapping though.

Guest Kakashi

What would this accomplish?

In one of the posts above mine they asked if you couldn't make every seventh or so bullet a tracer round, and the answer was "one weapon cannot have different bulletcolors" or something along these lines. So, in order to produce the tracer effect you could make two weapons, one with normal colored bullets and one with "tracer bullets" with both guns either fireing at the same time but with different rates of fire or the turret swapping between both weapons in a set rate.

Of course that would be some extra work, but if accomplished it could be installed onto heavy MGs and the like in both APB and AR, maybe giving the whole thing a better feel and, more importantly, look. You could even include red and blue/green tracers into either faction's weapons to give an indicator to who is shooting at you instead of making them plain red/blue/green like the MGs in the current public APB build, which looks a little silly.

Or so I think...

Guest Anthrax

I personally enjoy Black Tea, with milk and sugar though (tastes too thin with just tea leaves and water for me though), green tea and herbal tea (at least the brands I tried) are not my thing though, although I would like to try different blends from the Far East.

Guest r34ch

Milk before water? Interesting...

With my limited knowledge of older tea making (this might be bollocks but i believed it anyway) the cold milk stopped the boiling hot tea from cracking the china cup it was being poured into by mixing and lowering the temperature.

I'm too lazy to confirm this though :D

Guest Poggel

That seems about right... I also always put milk in first, then the tea (preferably Earl Grey or some normal, none-fancy tea) and then some honey...

Guest Kakashi

you're all wrong, OWA does it the wrong way round.

As for tracers, you can only have one model per projectile. So it's tracers on every shot or not at all.

I understood that the first time. Thus my suggestion. The second weapon would simply have a different projectiew with the same properties as the normal one or would be a no damager "dummy" projectile (depending on the implementation) so you can give it a different color.