RA2:AR FAQ

Guest killboy06

where can I download it?

PS: when I i start to play in a server its shows a message saying version mismatch....whats the correct version? i have 1.2

AR isn't even out yet...

Plus make sure you have APB 1.2 with the the patches.

Guest jorgeonfire

I downloaded everything but it still appears version mismatch.......

i have the beta the beta patch, is something missing that i havent downloaded??

Edited by jorgeonfire

Guest Glaed

All you need to download is the Full installer from the main website. That installs APB version 1.2.0. The patches are only for people who had 1.1.0 installed when 1.2.0 came out. Also, make sure that you do not have the old version of APB (.9935) because for some reason the Beta launcher detects and uses .9935 if it is installed, not 1.2.0, when it tries to connect to a server.

Edited by Glaed

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jorgeonfire

i finally made it and i´m playing, there is just one problem, where do i get the other maps? the host says i dont have some maps.....

Guest Glaed

Go here: http://apb.game-maps.net/index.php?act=category&id=95

You need to download RA_Complex, RA_Tun_Fissure, and the one labled RA_GlacierHT_LT. These are exe files that when run should install the file to the default APB directory. If you installed APB elsewhere, you need to set the installers to install the files there. All the other maps listed on that page should already be in your APB directory, since they shipped with 1.2.0

Guest AdrwIvrsn

To get back on track:

Will there be other functions to the Construction Yard than just auto repairing, such as rebuilding walls or base defences?

Edit: I feel that this might have been discussed in a blog before. If so, can you link to the blog please?

Will urban areas feature only civilian buildings from RA2 or will you also include your own?

Last, are there going to be any maps that take place almost entirely indoors, such as a warehouse, shopping mall, airport, etc.?

Edited by AdrwIvrsn

Guest jorgeonfire

ok downloaded the maps thanks!!!

in APB or AR will ever be added the japanese empire as a third team?? or its just RA2 and RA , no RA3?

ok downloaded the maps thanks!!!

in APB or AR will ever be added the japanese empire as a third team?? or its just RA2 and RA , no RA3?

Just RA and RA2, so no Rising Sun here.

will be kirovs and choppers available in all (normal) maps?

High tech maps yeah.

Nighthawks should be available in all vehicle maps though, if I've got my facts right.

Guest AdrwIvrsn

To rephrase a previous question: Are there any infantry only maps that most of the map is indoors, such that the barracks and oil derrecks or refinery are located outside, but the fighting only happens inside a large complex, such as an airport or shopping mall?

If not, is Hail Mary being consitered?

Second, will reload animations be slightly more accurate, such as having the model actually cocking back the lever/bolt when a new magazine is loaded?

Edited by AdrwIvrsn

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ivan55599

have you decided how much anti building and other dynamites ivan have?

will deso make same damage-thing like nuke: kill all infantry in ALL levels in structure?

Edited by ivan55599

To rephrase a previous question: Are there any infantry only maps that most of the map is indoors, such that the barracks and oil derrecks or refinery are located outside, but the fighting only happens inside a large complex, such as an airport or shopping mall?

If not, is Hail Mary being consitered?

Second, will reload animations be slightly more accurate, such as having the model actually cocking back the lever/bolt when a new magazine is loaded?

Nothing has been decided about those types of maps yet.

Hail Mary is a likely possibility.

Hopefully the reload animations should be pretty slick, what with the new hands and all.

have you decided how much anti building and other dynamites ivan have?

will deso make same damage-thing like nuke: kill all infantry in ALL levels in structure?

Ivan will have an infinite number of anti-tank dynamite sticks (a.k.a small dynamite) but he will have a limited amount of bigger charges.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ivan55599

l have couple ideas; can you add national flags above buildings, so people know what nation they're in?

plus can u make Cuban guerrilero-styled class (green cap and camo suit with bullet belt) alongside conscript class in Cuban nation?

Edited by ivan55599

l have couple ideas; can you add national flags above buildings, so people know what nation they're in?

plus can u make Cuban guerrilero-styled class (green cap and camo suit with bullet belt) alongside conscript class in Cuban nation?

We could add national flags, but players are told which nation they are playing as at the beginning of every map and you'll know by what you can buy on the sidebar. Custom infantry flag textures are not out of the question though.

We're sticking to RA2's canon, so no cuban guerillas. The terrorist is in though so he's about the closest you'll get.

Guest Stormweaver

We could add national flags, but players are told which nation they are playing as at the beginning of every map and you'll know by what you can buy on the sidebar. Custom infantry flag textures are not out of the question though.

We're sticking to RA2's canon, so no cuban guerillas. The terrorist is in though so he's about the closest you'll get.

weeel...

It doesn't actually bother me, but would it instead be possible for a different texture to be available for the conscript when you play cuba? same could go for other nations to, in small ways.

weeel...

It doesn't actually bother me, but would it instead be possible for a different texture to be available for the conscript when you play cuba? same could go for other nations to, in small ways.

That's kinda what I meant yeah.

Guest ivan55599

then is it possible to add custom file which puts querrilero into game? but l need some 1 to make it, because l'm not a modder :D

then is it possible to add custom file which puts querrilero into game? but l need some 1 to make it, because l'm not a modder :D

Yeah, this is possible.

Will there be a weather control device, iron curtain, or Yuri superweapons?

The Weather Control Device and Iron Curtain are going in, but Yuri's super weapons are not.

Also, welcome to the forums :D

Guest AdrwIvrsn

Going with the persistent questions about the Yuri faction, are you thinking about including the Psychic Beacon in an objective-based map? In fact, I'm somehow recalling a blog on that, but I think it is a false memory.

do you guys have any plans for perhaps a mod of your mod to insert yuri as a faction in the future OWA?

If we ever do start seriously considering it, units like the Mastermind are going to be incredibly hard to incorperate.

A low tech approach to Yuri's army may be possible though, as Magnetrons and such are very possible.

If we ever do put Yuri's army in, we'll be stripping the Soviets of their Yuri tech, naturally.

Going with the persistent questions about the Yuri faction, are you thinking about including the Psychic Beacon in an objective-based map? In fact, I'm somehow recalling a blog on that, but I think it is a false memory.

We'll think about including the Psychic Beacon and Amplifier for the second full release. (Battle Lab Tech). It's certainly a great idea for an objective based map.

Perhaps a recreation of that Allied mission (in Chicago?) when you have to land, estabish your base then destroy the psychic amplifier before it activates (Then being nuked by Vladimir :D ).

Guest tfkillzone

Perhaps a recreation of that Allied mission (in Chicago?) when you have to land, estabish your base then destroy the psychic amplifier before it activates (Then being nuked by Vladimir :D ).

off-topic: idk why but my game always crashed on that mission....

on-topic: how will the yuri work anyway? what will the mind control be?

off-topic: idk why but my game always crashed on that mission....

on-topic: how will the yuri work anyway? what will the mind control be?

I've gone over a few ideas for mind control across the podcasts.

The theory is conceptual, but the idea at the moment is to incorperate a complicated bot system. It's quite wierd to explain and we aren't worrying about it for now, seeing as Yuri isn't in the first release.

Guest HYBRID BEING

If the tree is only thing the Mirage tank can disguise as? I hope there will always be trees on maps (thus it can hide). Urban maps without green areas are surely Mirage's enemies.

Edited by HYBRID BEING

i have a thought about yuri maybe you could switch between yuri and the mind controlled then the controlled unit would be more useful than just a bot. if you could switch you could still manage yuri to keep him out of trouble but still make good use of the unit captured.

though it could just be a pain to do....

Guest BaneOfSorrows

The problem with that is the fact that the mind-controlled person then has absolutely nothing to do while he sits around and watches his unit get moved around by someone else.

Another idea, albeit a rather sucky one due to THers, would be to simply convert the mind-controlled player's team until they're killed again. Basically, player X is a Yuri and player Y is an allied unit. X mind-controls Y, so now Y is a soviet player until Y is killed by the allies OR until X dies, thus converting Y back to an allied player.