RA2:AR FAQ

Interestingly there is no % completion for scripting and such..... :)

I knew I'd missed something. :D

Oh really...hmm would of never guessed that, well that's too bad for some since I call them Shock Troopers, just hope they know what I mean then.

Anyway will Shock troopers be able to damage each other?

Tesla Troopers will not be able to damage each other as long as friendly fire remains disabled.

Guest Stormweaver

:D can someone please tell me how to play multiplayer online i cannot figure it out please tell me>! :):):)

AR isn't available yet. If you mean APB, the download is on the front page, and the new server is at the top of the list under 'news' i the launcher. after you add the new IP to the server list, you can go ingame easily. have fun.

btw, wrong part of the forum.

Guest Stormweaver

i know i sound like n00b but, what do you mean by server list i am confused>

ty

i figure out now

umm

download it, run it, click servers, clikc add server, add the IP and port from the top of the news page, call it w/e the hell you want, click ok, click your newly created server and clikc join game or w/e it says in the bottom right hand corner.

• 1 month later...
Guest UberEggz

First Release Overall => 45% Complete

3d Models => 65% Complete

Unwrapping => 40% Complete

Texturing => 30% Complete

Scripting => 55% Complete

Rigging => 35% Complete

Maps => 55% Complete

Audio => 70% Complete

Balancing => 15% Complete

Ahh the site DOES say it :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ivan55599

will be secret (tech)units, if u invent chrono and mind control tech in long future? (if so, how Soviets get those?)

can u put conscript-model to change also this model? http://www.cnc-source.com/forums/index.php...si&img=2693.

Q with example; you die many times with conscript. if you like second model, and you change model from sidebar, you die and you want change it to again, because it resetted to masked conscript. this goes with choppers, v2s ect. can you put this auto-resetting system to manual: if u put to black v2, you dont need to change color while buying it in second time, because same color stays.

can you put sidebar to able pre-choose vehicle colors before buying it, if you havent money yet or some 1 is building unit?

APB Q: how goes Mig/Yak- and chrono techs in your delelopment?

will be secret (tech)units, if u invent chrono and mind control tech in long future? (if so, how Soviets get those?)

can u put conscript-model to change also this model? http://www.cnc-source.com/forums/index.php...si&img=2693.

Q with example; you die many times with conscript. if you like second model, and you change model from sidebar, you die and you want change it to again, because it resetted to masked conscript. this goes with choppers, v2s ect. can you put this auto-resetting system to manual: if u put to black v2, you dont need to change color while buying it in second time, because same color stays.

can you put sidebar to able pre-choose vehicle colors before buying it, if you havent money yet or some 1 is building unit?

APB Q: how goes Mig/Yak- and chrono techs in your delelopment?

Not sure what units you mean when you say "secret tech units".

We may do a few alternate conscript models, but probably without the tubes going everywhere.

This thread isn't about APB.

Guest ivan55599

l meant that, if you ever add battle lab to get chrono ivan, -commando and some others ect. but then Soviets have problem how to infiltrate allied base... but all of this is too far in future.

btw RA:APB FAQ is ages ago closed :D

l admire bh team and other mod makers, who sacrifice their free time to make mods to all fans with no worries about compensations, sales activities like game makers have.

l meant that, if you ever add battle lab to get chrono ivan, -commando and some others ect. but then Soviets have problem how to infiltrate allied base... but all of this is too far in future.

btw RA:APB FAQ is ages ago closed :D

l admire bh team and other mod makers, who sacrifice their free time to make mods to all fans with no worries about compensations, sales activities like game makers have.

How the Soviets will get such units is yet to be decided. The Secret Tech Lab is one option.

If you have a question about APB, make a topic in general discussion. Since that's the next best place.

Also, thanks. We're doing our best to have fun and make these games for people to enjoy :)

• 2 weeks later...

Dunno if this has been asked, but will Allies and Soviets get their Yuri's Revenge units like the Guardian GI, Boris, Siege Chopper, etc?

Also, I saw the trailer and....wouldn't Mirage Tanks be easily defeated by players who get a little too familiar with the maps?

Edited by zal

Guest BaneOfSorrows

Dunno if this has been asked, but will Allies and Soviets get their Yuri's Revenge units like the Guardian GI, Boris, Siege Chopper, etc?

Also, I saw the trailer and....wouldn't Mirage Tanks be easily defeated by players who get a little too familiar with the maps?

1) Yes.

2) I personally do not intend on memorizing the position of every tree on every map. >.>

I have a question that I believe hasn't been asked in a while. Do we have any confirmation on cel-shading yet?

Yes they will.

We may be implementing a random tree system that places trees randomly each time the map is loaded. Plus, you have to be pretty sad to memorise all of the tree locations :p

1) Yes.

2) I personally do not intend on memorizing the position of every tree on every map. >.>

I have a question that I believe hasn't been asked in a while. Do we have any confirmation on cel-shading yet?

If the guys at TT can do anything concerning this then sure. We'll just might be using a TF2-esque lighting shader if all goes as planned though. More on this as it develops.

Guest Stormweaver
Plus, you have to be pretty sad to memorise all of the tree locations :p

I don't know if this is surprising, but you do actually learn the locations of the most important trees after a thousand hours or so.

One thing I'll recommend for AR - don't put trees *just* inside the range of tesla coils or prism towers once they're in. Trees etc are great for confusing AI defences, and goo for a one man lolrush that shouldn't be able to work.

Take APB, on KOTG. Both Coil can be killed at short range by a light tank or ranger, without even getting out (or preferably with a tanya or engi, for the bag of dicks, my favorite breakfast item)

I would assume stupid bits of AI like that could be fixed though?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ivan55599

will be there only 1 Boris and tanya (and...Yuri?) at same time, or hero-clones?

is it possible for w3d engine to create jumping vehicles (sicles, reapers) and transformers (tengu ect)?

if u havent solved chrono tech, how about this(just in idea level): Q activates chronoshift. shight goes another color than white, and with that u coose place to teleport. *click* and u have teleported

will be there only 1 Boris and tanya (and...Yuri?) at same time, or hero-clones?

is it possible for w3d engine to create jumping vehicles (sicles, reapers) and transformers (tengu ect)?

if u havent solved chrono tech, how about this(just in idea level): Q activates chronoshift. shight goes another color than white, and with that u coose place to teleport. *click* and u have teleported

Yeah, one hero class at a time.

Nobody has really tried it, but I guess it could be possible with scripting. Transformers are possible, since it's the same type of logic as deployable vehicles (see Reborn's TickTank and Scud Storm's Nuke Cannon).

We'll figure out Chronotech sooner or later. We know for sure that the chronosphere will require you to drive into it.

Also, I merged your posts :D

Guest GummiBear

another thing that makes chronotechnology hard to make too is actually the balancing, as you might very easy end up with a tank that supposed to be an battle tank ending as a transport for the strong inf instead (like tanya)

another thing that makes chronotechnology hard to make too is actually the balancing, as you might very easy end up with a tank that supposed to be an battle tank ending as a transport for the strong inf instead (like tanya)

Like the Battlefortress and IFV you mean?

Guest GummiBear

hmm grizzly might actually be more used then BF or IFV as those two could get pretty strong if soviet get them where a grizzly would be the same

Guest ivan55599

Yeah, one hero class at a time.

Nobody has really tried it, but I guess it could be possible with scripting. Transformers are possible, since it's the same type of logic as deployable vehicles (see Reborn's TickTank and Scud Storm's Nuke Cannon).

We'll figure out Chronotech sooner or later. We know for sure that the chronosphere will require you to drive into it.

Also, I merged your posts :)

good, no more tanya clones. but this will bring little problem that many people like those heroes, but they can only wait and camp near PT for ready to purchase next hero. that was annoying imo in reborn. l'll put new comic into my drawnings-topic about this today

l thinked if BH team will make mod about ra3 after 5 years (when APB and ARgh are ready) into W3D-engine...but then we laugh:"lol old engine :) , do we still use it...? :D "

l thinked usable of chrono tank and -legionnaire

ty :)

Edited by ivan55599

good, no more tanya clones. but this will bring little problem that many people like those heroes, but they can only wait and camp near PT for ready to purchase next hero. that was annoying imo in reborn. l'll put new comic into my drawnings-topic about this today

l thinked if BH team will make mod about ra3 after 5 years (when APB and ARgh are ready) into W3D-engine...but then we laugh:"lol old engine :) , do we still use it...? :D "

l thinked usable of chrono tank and -legionnaire

ty :)

This won't be an issue, since you'll need to become an Elite Three Stripe unit before you are allowed to purchase them.

Our engine will always be old, but it won't stop people from playing :p

how old character/vehicle models you use? reborn models looks more detailed as graphically :)

Some of our newer ones are pretty detailed, but Reborn's vehicles are done up with textures. If you took the textures off them they wouldn't look any better than ours. Plus, the Reborn team update their graphical content pretty regularly.

will it ever be implemented a single player?

Perhaps. We were thinking of doing a singleplayer tutorial mission for new players to play through but nothing much after that really. Although I do have an idea for a story if we were ever to do a campaign.

Will Red Alert: Yuri's Revenge music be played on certain maps?

Yes!

Guest jorgeonfire

well, multiplayer is as fun as singleplayer for me so, if you ever do something like that i would really aprecciate. Besides my multiplayer doesnt work very well....

well, multiplayer is as fun as singleplayer for me so, if you ever do something like that i would really aprecciate. Besides my multiplayer doesnt work very well....

Apocalypse Rising may run considerably better than any other w3d-based game due to the fact that we've combed Renegade's data files and removed everything that we don't need.

Guest jorgeonfire

where can I download it?

PS: when I i start to play in a server its shows a message saying version mismatch....whats the correct version? i have 1.2