Blog 132 (14/05/09)

<h3>Flak Trooper Improvement</h3>

Since I'm back from university now, I have a lot of time to do things which have been neglected. One of these things is the re-vamping of most of the infantry, in particular, the Flak Trooper.

Here is a list of improvements which have either been done or are pending:

• Fixed mesh on the boots.
  • He has a head!
  • Fixed pack straps are in progress.
  • Cleaning up of edges is in process.
  • Fixed hand mesh to come soon.
  • Helmet needs modelling.

I'll let the renders speak for my work now though, so here they are.

FlakTrooper-3.pngFlakTrooper2-1.png

As you can see by some of the mesh lines, there is a little way to go yet.

<h3>Old Stuff</h3>

Since I have nothing really that new. I thought I'd bring you something old.

Very old.

Last generation's vehicles old.

This is basically a collection of old Allied vehicle models. You may recognise the Prism tank, and the Robot Tank mainly because they were the only decent vehicle models left after a time known as "the great purge".

I'll continue this next week with a section entitled "New Stuff" so you can compare the two.

oldstuff.png

A lot of these models are horrible, trust me.

<h3>Staff Positions Update</h3>

Just a quick note to let you guys know that we've closed applications for the PR job after an overwhelming response.

However, if you are texture artist, you are not tied down by other commitments and you like the idea of our project, drop me a pm if you want to help.

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

I have had a university friend over since last friday and I'm off to Coventry tommorrow for a birthday. As long as I keep myself busy I won't get bored.... I hope. I need to find a job too.

I haven't heard from cfehunter in a while, but he's planning on texturing up the technician's welder. (Yes theta123!)

dtrngd is planning out the Soviet War Factory internals. I need to get on msn and help him.

The rest of the team are doing random bits and bobs.

<h3>OWA's Random Corner</h3>

Army of Darknes Trailer + Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann = Win

<center><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></center>

<h3>To Sleep I Must Go</h3>

Dream, I must, of more mod ideas, I will.[/Yoda]

Guest Tiger

I'd say that the battle fortress was pretty rough, everything else was fairly good.

I would agreed with this statement.

The dual-tread dealio was an interesting take on the vehicle, but it looks awfully awkward in practice. Then again, these were but models seen from a single angle...

Edited by Tiger

Guest HunterXc

Flak trooper looks nice, cant wait to see it completed! Also, some of those vehicles dont even look That bad, but yeah, cant wait to see the new ones either :p

Guest EVA-251

Flak Trooper looks great. And those vehicles, the Robot Tank, Tank Destroyer, IFV, Prism Tank and Battle Fortress look fine.

The Grizzly Tank looks like a cartoonish Abrams, with its squashed turret; it actually reminds me of the Orange Star Medium Tank of Advance Wars. :p

Say, OWA, could you release unused 3d models as voxels?

Guest BaneOfSorrows

I personally thought the mirage tank and tank destroyer looked fairly decent. Also, that battle fortress looks lol. :D

Guest GummiBear

The Grizzly Tank looks like a cartoonish Abrams

Well isn't the whole RA2 (and thus AR should too) quite cartoonish?

Guest HunterXc
Also, the Flakkie seems to frown D:
That's because he has no eyes, or atleast his eyes are 1 ball and therefor it looks a bit weird..

FLAK TROOPER!!!!!! Ah so good to see him getting improvments!

I do love that Robot Tank and the Battle Fortress!

Nice work guys, and GL to everyone who applied for the PR position!

He looks so commie :D

I guess that's only one flak trooper head, as there are supposed to be 2 or 3 versions, chosen randomly when the player buys it. Less clones on the battlefield.

And where's the texture from the face? Where's your facegen program?

Say, OWA, could you release unused 3d models as voxels?

I can release the ones that I made yeah, but the tank destroyer was made by Retrocide, who I haven't spoken with in ages. The Prism Tank and IFV are also a no go because they are from the old Verge of Armageddon mod that Dark and Svensmokavich used to run.

If you let me know what format you need the files in, I guess I could release them.

And where's the texture from the face? Where's your facegen program?

It's a clay render, so I didn't include the face texture.

Guest BaneOfSorrows

Also, the Flakkie seems to frown D:

At least he has job. :)

I guess that's only one flak trooper head, as there are supposed to be 2 or 3 versions, chosen randomly when the player buys it. Less clones on the battlefield.

Why would this matter when the flak trooper wears a helmet anyway? :D

Guest HunterXc

Why would this matter when the flak trooper wears a helmet anyway? :D

maybe because he isnt fully covered by the helmet, atleast that'd be my guess.. He could have some uncovered parts too, let me check some pictures..

flaktroopar-1.jpg

well, that's the concept art for it OWA showed us in blog 57, almost 2 years ago.. dont know if it's still recent btw.. as you can see the head still uses some uncovered parts,

Edited by HunterXc

Guest EVA-251

I can release the ones that I made yeah, but the tank destroyer was made by Retrocide, who I haven't spoken with in ages. The Prism Tank and IFV are also a no go because they are from the old Verge of Armageddon mod that Dark and Svensmokavich used to run.

If you let me know what format you need the files in, I guess I could release them.

Cool. As far as I know, what you would need is a seperate body, turret and barrel (if they have these), and the program 3ds2vxl.

Guest HYBRID BEING

Can't see anything bad in this models (probably because I suck at 3D-modeling and probably till I see new ones)

PS: Army of Ganman wins :D

Guest theta123
I haven't heard from cfehunter in a while, but he's planning on texturing up the technician's welder. (Yes theta123!)

Yes Owa!Yes!

My welds shall be the best of the entire Soviet army :D

Lovely blorg as usual

Edited by theta123

Guest MuadDib15

I like the flak trooper. Quick question, will we be able to maybe send you a picture of ourselves and have a head model to put on some of the soldiers? Like have detachable head models that can be changed? That would be pretty cool. The battle fortress does look pretty bad, however, the others don't really. If those are shit models, I can't wait to see the new ones. Reborn also needs people too. :D

I like the flak trooper. Quick question, will we be able to maybe send you a picture of ourselves and have a head model to put on some of the soldiers?

Yeah, if people send in their mugshots, I can put them in the game as their preferred infantry unit.

Guest Stormweaver

Yeah, if people send in their mugshots, I can put them in the game as their preferred infantry unit.

huh.

I like this.

Guest HunterXc
Sweet, Guywithawrench Has dibs on the Wrench class character :D
Why would that be :) Edited by HunterXc