Blog 139 (01/07/09)

It's been a week and nothing much has happened to be fair. But let's get those barrels out and go a'scraping!

<h3>Flak Cannon</h3>

I've been working on getting the Flak Cannon fixed up. Before I touched it, it looked something like this.

As you can see from that image, there is no way that the Flak Cannon could tilt up and down without horrendous clipping; so I took it upon myself to fix this. I have remodelled the barrel and turret so that the cannon can now tilt freely. I may add a few cogs and running gear inside on top of this major edit so that it'll look nice when moving.

Anyway, enough chit chat, check this out.

flak-2-1.jpg

It's not quite final, but you should get the idea.

FlakCannon03-1.png

<h3>Soviet War Factory</h3>

dtrngd has been busy working on the Soviet War Factory. The doors now open and various other small changes have been made to the exterior. This structure is looking to be pretty well detailed.

Images below!

SovWF01-1.png

SovWF02-1.pngSovWF03-1.png

<h3>When AR Goes Wierd</h3>

dtrngd sent me a bunch of random testing screenshots that he had taken. A few of them are rather wierd, but hey! You get a nice insight as to what we do inside these walls of our madness box.

Mysterious blue beam of death!

"He's just sunbathing, honest!"

Who ever thought that you could get an elite tree. Wait a minute...

Apocalypse Rising: Getting you stuck into the action. So stuck that you won't want to move... at all.

When Kirovs are made of concrete...

Too Many Tacos!

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

I'm off out drinking tommorrow, yay! Remember kids, don't drink and IRC.

I have also setup my train set on my desk to eliminate the boredom of loading wait times!

cfehunter is home.

dtrngd is also home and working on the Soviet War Factory.

TheBeerinator is working on the Soviet Barracks.

I will attempt to bring the rest of the team back on task soon.

r34ch and I are making a Metal music mod for APB. If you think you have a good suggestion for a track, contact me via pm!

<h3>OWA's Random Corner</h3>

Brought to you by theta123 who is back on the block.

<center><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></center>

<h3>Finis</h3>

Parle vous en Francais?

Nein, ich benutze das internetsprache!!11!!!!211one!!1two!11

Guest HunterXc

Cool Flak cannon, I actually think the new one is more 1:1 then the old one.. might be mistaken tough..

Also, War Factory's shaping up nice, cant wait to see it in full textured glory!

Guest BaneOfSorrows

The new flak cannon is an enormous improvement, although my one complaint is that the barrel is a tad short. I think combining the body of the new cannon with the longer, graduated barrel of the old would make for an awesome final product.

Also, the war factory is :D

Guest theta123

Hehehe nice blog :D

Oh wel, enough harriers, and bye bye flakcannon

OWA, do you think it would be possible to use some of these dance moves as animations for Conscripts?:p

Would make AR very intresting :)

Edited by theta123

Guest Xiphias6

You won't make it above it (flak cannon) :D

Damn, I got shot down so matter-of-factly :) Ah, I long to see Harrier formations fly overhead.

Will the Soviet War Factory top doors only open upon unit spawn or can enemy aircraft trigger it?

New Flak Cannon looks good but is lacking something..

The Soviet War Factory is just betting even more awesome with every update!

And lol at those old screenshots.

Awesome blog, keep it up.

Guest Trppmdm

That is a cool blog you have there!

Two Questions:If you take a taco car will another taco car spawn again?(it can be on another place:

I want it to spawn.

And will There be amphibious crates because it some maps in red alert II there were amphibious crates?

That is a cool blog you have there!

Two Questions:If you take a taco car will another taco car spawn again?(it can be on another place:

I want it to spawn.

And will There be amphibious crates because it some maps in red alert II there were amphibious crates?

If you set it up on a spawner yeah.

There will be amphibious crates.