Blog 156 (29/10/09)

Guest AdrwIvrsn

Did I also mention that I also tried to pass off the extra damage with an explanation that the cannons were 155mms? In other words, written explanations for a massive difference in ability in a game where visuals are also extremely important in conveying firepower- well, they simply qualify as a cheap copout.

Also, never made mention of accuracy once.

Danpaul, I frankly could give a damn about "realism" in this regard. If I could weigh what I see is the issue here, it would be maybe 10% "realism" and the rest passing off "essentially the exact same thing visually with massively buffed stats with a really weak written explanation why."

But I don't expect you to pay attention to this, because refuting a realism argument in regards to Red Alert/2 is much easier.

Why can't you accept that renaming is all the they can do? There is no point in arguing now. In fact, since the name of the weapon is clearly displayed, the least players will say is "lol, what a clever cop-out" rather than "what a stupid, cheap cop-out" if the explanation is hidden.

And danpaul, when you said the "clip" can be altered, does that mean that you can change the magazine model, or just the ammo count? I was about to suggest that you could make the SEAL use 5.7x28mm (what is used in the P90) or 4.6x30mm (what is used in the MP7 and is shorter by about 2 mm), which he would be different from the GI in that he holds MUCH more rounds, the rounds are more powerful, and he has a much higher rate of fire. This might require stretching the magazine to about 125%-150% in length.

But if you can't stretch it, I'm willing to accept the 10mm or the successor, the better and not-rare version, the .40 S&W used in the MP/40. However, you could also try the .45 ACP, and make him just like his hero counterpart: Tanya. Such variant never existed because the recoil would be immense, but hey, why not?

Guest Stormweaver

to all the Realism people here - please remember this is a mod, based on a computer game in which PEOPLE GO INTO THE PAST in order to CHANGE THE FUTURE. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be inconsistent.

Guest AdrwIvrsn

to all the Realism people here - please remember this is a mod, based on a computer game in which PEOPLE GO INTO THE PAST in order to CHANGE THE FUTURE. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be inconsistent.

But they also put in realistic weapons. Should pistols shoot giant nuclear rockets, Earth's gravity be reversed and pushing an object pulls you towards it, and all grass and trees be pink colored, simply because time was altered?

I'm not asking for ultra-realism (although I was a while ago), but something that makes sense for what you are using.

Edited by AdrwIvrsn

And danpaul, when you said the "clip" can be altered, does that mean that you can change the magazine model, or just the ammo count? I was about to suggest that you could make the SEAL use 5.7x28mm (what is used in the P90) or 4.6x30mm (what is used in the MP7 and is shorter by about 2 mm), which he would be different from the GI in that he holds MUCH more rounds, the rounds are more powerful, and he has a much higher rate of fire. This might require stretching the magazine to about 125%-150% in length.

What I meant was the clip is ALREADY the longer version, apparently it had already been changed before the blog was even posted with the shorter version. Or something like that....

Guest AdrwIvrsn

What I meant was the clip is ALREADY the longer version, apparently it had already been changed before the blog was even posted with the shorter version. Or something like that....

Ooh... So does that mean we can try the MP5-N/45 :D

Edited by AdrwIvrsn

But they also put in realistic weapons. Should pistols shoot giant nuclear rockets, Earth's gravity be reversed and pushing an object pulls you towards it, and all grass and trees be pink colored, simply because time was altered?

Sounds like a great idea for a paradox map.

Should pistols shoot giant nuclear rockets

Well.... I don't know about pistols, but I modded the Renegade rocket launcher to fire nukes a while back... you can see it in action in the old PPSh-41 demo video on ModDB. Great fun.

Guest BaneOfSorrows

Well.... I don't know about pistols, but I modded the Renegade rocket launcher to fire nukes a while back... you can see it in action in the old PPSh-41 demo video on ModDB. Great fun.

Haha, I actually remember that. Good stuff right thurr. I'm still waiting for someone to remake that experimental mission from RA1 though.