Blog 7 - The Global Defence Initiative, keeping you safe!

TeamWolf

On what grounds ?

I personally think Ice is obnoxious but he definitely obesses over very tiny details, which as a tester could prove useful for noticing the small, barely noticable things that most other testers overlook. If you ignore posts about how GunA really should be modeled after RealLifeGunA instead of RealLifeGunB and any balance suggestions he makes (IMO) you'd probably find him useful for bug reports like the impact bullets have on certain surfaces and things of that sort.

^ This

And, at least he means well by most of what I've seen him do here.

Just because someone is OCD about little details doesn't exactly mean they would make a great tester. The type of testers were looking for are the ones that are going to find game breaking bugs, exploits, and in-balances. Not spend their time trying to convince us to change an already sculpted,fully rigged, textured model just because they find an image on google or a cut scene video on youtube. Just because you can find Waldo on every page doesn't mean you'd make a great detective.

Now as for ICE becoming a tester, if he can do the things we need then there is no reason why he shouldn't be. So we'll review any bugs he may have posted in the past "Just like we will everyone" and if he has shown that he can post something other then "OMG THE COLOUR OF THATZ HELMET IS ALLL WRONG!!!!.... FIX IT !!!!" and of some use then, I'm sure he will be picked. But keep in mind and this goes for EVERYONE ......that your actions in-game, on TS, on IRC, on the forums, and in public does effect if you are picked or not. and also just because you we're a tester for Reborn or BHP doesn't mean you will be re picked.

Guest BaneOfSorrows

Ok guys, this is not the thread for vouching for testing positions.

Here's how this is gonna go down: We are doing a full tester wipe soon, that means no matter who you are or what you've done, you will temporarily be stripped of your testing position. This is very temporary. We will immediately be accepting applications, and current testers who were vigilant in their work and a good asset to our team will likely be re-hired on the spot, although everyone will still be required to submit an application. After we decide who is returning and who is not, we will accept people who wish to become new testers.

The staff will be working together to build the best testing team possible, one that can work efficiently to help us find bugs, balance issues, and anything else that needs to be worked out. Being anal about models for asinine reasons is not a sign of a good tester. We will determine positions based on applications AND on other things we know. We WILL research histories of applicants, so be wary of that.

Now that you've got the skinny on the testing wipe, please DO NOT campaign for yourself or anyone else in this thread or any other. You can tell us all about yourself in your application, and let's leave it at that. Thank you.

On what grounds ?

especially with my attention to detail. That, and I really do want to positively contribute to these great mod's in any way that I can. :)

This kid is OCD out the ass, anyway, that's more for internal discussion, let's not derail!

On what grounds ?

I personally think Ice is obnoxious but he definitely obesses over very tiny details, which as a tester could prove useful for noticing the small, barely noticable things that most other testers overlook. If you ignore posts about how GunA really should be modeled after RealLifeGunA instead of RealLifeGunB and any balance suggestions he makes (IMO) you'd probably find him useful for bug reports like the impact bullets have on certain surfaces and things of that sort.

Then again, try to find the actual bugs in 10 page shitpost spam.

Also, excited about tester selection. And new AR clients.

Edited by Voe

Guest r315r4z0r

Soo... about them Reborns...

The blog says that the MEMP ( :emot-haw: ) will work similar to the EMP Cannon. Does that mean it fires an EMP volly? Or does it fire a burst around itself and only effecting those in the immediate area. How large is the blast radius? And does the MEMP disable itself when it fires? Can it accidentally disable friendly vehicles if not careful?

Edited by r315r4z0r

It's awesome! I like Reborn more and more with such news)

Guys, thank you for your hard work. Seriously.

PS: NO GODDAMN SNIPERS, YAHOO! I hate them after TF2...

PPS: Sorry for my english - I am Russian.

Edited by Lair

Guest BaneOfSorrows

Soo... about them Reborns...

The blog says that the MEMP ( :emot-haw: ) will work similar to the EMP Cannon. Does that mean it fires an EMP volly? Or does it fire a burst around itself and only effecting those in the immediate area. How large is the blast radius? And does the MEMP disable itself when it fires? Can it accidentally disable friendly vehicles if not careful?

I believe the plan is to make it fire in a similar fashion to APB's M.A.D. tank. It will be fired as an AoE around the tank and there will be a charge time between shots. I can't recall what we decided for those other questions, you'll have to ask Wally. :emot-v:

Guest APB_ICE

Am I the only one who finds the word "MEMP" funny? Memp memp memp :v

:confused: :emot-fh:

Lol :emot-xD:

Seriously, though. That MEMP looks awesome! Can't wait to see it textured! :emot-dance:

The Comm's Tower looks great, too! Looking forward to seeing the completed model! :D

Edited by APB_ICE

Guest Ididyamom69

Do know, that some those structures are old,

Any edits planned to fix them up some or are you all saving time and fixing them for a later date after some releases?

Edited by Ididyamom69

Uh.... What's wrong with the structures? They all look pretty spectacular, in my opinion- the only thing I could see improving them would be more expansive interiors, but that's pretty negligible. Unless I've missed something.

Do know, that some those structures are old,

Any edits planned to fix them up some or are you all saving time and fixing them for a later date after some releases?

All the buildings in right now are how they will be for release. The only building that will get some changing done to it will be the GDI barracks.

The Barracks needed to be a little bigger inside. I'm guessing you guys will be making a little underground portion, in a similar way to the APB Barracks? I'd guess it needs more room inside to make hacking more viable, since with it's current claustrophobic state that would sort of be impossible.

Guest r315r4z0r

I think the Barracks looks awesome how it is. But it is just so incredibly tiny. It's lag-central station in there. Would be awesome if you kept the design the same but just scaled it up a bit.

Guest r315r4z0r

Speaking of the Hand of Nod, I think it needs a back entrance. Maybe an elevator directly to the lower level or something. It's too easy to camp since it's just a door and a long hallway.

Edited by r315r4z0r

Guest APB_ICE

IMO, the GDI Barracks doesn't need a basement; It just needs to be slightly bigger and less claustrophobic.

Not quite as big as the Westwood render, but similarly styled:

GDIB0001.jpg

GDI_Barracks_Render.jpg

And like I said, none of the other buildings need any changes. They're all good as they are. Okay, well, the Obelisk could be slightly more upright, but it's still good.

Edited by APB_ICE