Problem with APB patch 5.0.3.0

Alstar
Go to solution Solved by Alstar,

Greetings, after trying to launch the game i have stumbled upon this problem. When trying to join a server a window with "Unable to start program, because api-ms-win-crt-runtima-I1-1-0.dll was not found on your PC". Does anyone know the solution? I know its somehow related to visual c++ 2015 but thats all i know.

Small update, attempt of reinstall make me unable to install game again, it keeps failing to install msvc2015.exe

Edited by Alstar

I think someone else had a similar issue. I'm trying to remember.... Try looking in add/remove programs and make sure that the vc2015 isnt already "installed". I think in rare cases it breaks or something. Try reinstalling by running that installer manually as admin. Let us know what happens!

Greetings, after trying to launch the game i have stumbled upon this problem. When trying to join a server a window with "Unable to start program, because api-ms-win-crt-runtima-I1-1-0.dll was not found on your PC". Does anyone know the solution? I know its somehow related to visual c++ 2015 but thats all i know.

Small update, attempt of reinstall make me unable to install game again, it keeps failing to install msvc2015.exe

1. Install all pending Windows Updates

Go to Start – Control Panel – Windows Update

Check for updates and install all pending updates, then restart the computer.

After the restart repeat the steps above again until no more updates are available.

2. Download the Visual C++ Redistributable 2015

For Windows 64-bit

Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 (64-bit)

For Windows 32-bit

Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 (32-bit)

3. Run the vcredist_x64.exe (64-bit) or vcredist_x86.exe (32-bit) and select Uninstall if already installed
  4. Run the .exe again and select Install and restart the computer

It also could be from a freak accident where a Microsoft update screwed something up. I also found that it was caused by TortoiseSVN and not having the 2015 redistributable installed properly. Idk, I'm no PC techie..... I failed my first year of college because of a .bat file project... It probably wont cause the universe to collapse by trying these solutions though.

Nah, you're pretty spot on. Thats more than what I could do from a phone yesterday though :p I'd definitely say give that a try! Just be sure to remove any remnants you find first!

:google: is your best friend.... especially when you FAILED YOUR FIRST SEMESTER AT NWTC BECAUSE OF A BATCH FILE PROJECT.....

:snoop::suicide::snoop:

RIP my chances at a good job.

Edited by MPRA2

Okay, i did like MPRA2 said. Now launcher is stuck on "installing msvc2015.exe" but overall progress is marked as failed. Trying to uninstall visual c++ and trying to install game wields same results. At least now it allows to be installed manually without errors after getting SP1.

Delete everything in C:\ProgramData\W3D Hub\Launcher\package-cache\games\apb\ and then try again. It will re-download everything but sometimes that is necessary. And you made sure to run the launcher as admin yes?

Honestly i had a similar problem with ECW. Every time i launched to audio, but a black screen... i'd try uninstalling it to only get an "installation failed". Like no matter what i did it wouldn't let me uninstall ECW

By some miracle i got it working now, but I'm limited to 800x640 res.

Edited by MPRA2

Delete everything in C:\ProgramData\W3D Hub\Launcher\package-cache\games\apb\ and then try again. It will re-download everything but sometimes that is necessary. And you made sure to run the launcher as admin yes?

Yes i launch it as admin. Mentioned folder is empty.

• Solution

Problem fixed. Steps done:

1. Uninstalled any msvc2015 you have on your PC

2. Installed Service Pack 1 for Win7

3. Attempting to install APB for n times, after nth time it finally worked out.

[20:04] <~Volkov> Alstar joined the game on team Soviets
[20:05] <~Volkov> Alstar: Dear APB fellas.
[20:05] <~Volkov> Alstar: Your worst nightmare is back.

Edited by Alstar