[GAME OVER] CYOR III

Jeod

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

So you're saying someone tried to nightkill you and failed?

Unfortunately not, it's a bit more complicated that assuming someone else wasn't targeted instead. In which case I was targeted with a particularly weird ability instead I'd attribute to Retalation.

Mafie Edit: Unfortunately not, it's a bit more complicated than that, assuming someone else wasn't targeted instead. In which case I was targeted with a particularly weird ability instead I'd attribute to Retaliation.

Last night I believe someone attempted to posses my character in order to have them commit the NK. Which I suspect Retaliation just because it would thematically fit with his profile picture, but that might be too obvious a connection.

Just now, Shade939 said:

You do actually get informed if you're targeted by certain abilities you know...

Yeah, but it seems like that's one you wouldn't.  I mean, what good is possessing someone to do something if they know about it.  I can see how it would make it harder to trace a nightkill, but then you could just trace the possession instead.

Considering the likelihood that this could be a scum ability, I'm not inclined to provide answers as to why it failed.

I'm mostly assuming the ability was a NK because of the current lack of evidence that anything else was used that would have triggered a NK, and I have good reason to suspect that whatever ability was used to posses my character didn't fully work as intended.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

You could tell me if you know why it failed, if you think it's important that you keep exactly why unclear.

Honestly, it's debatable if it failed, I might be confusing the PM I got for two abilities that targeted me as actually being the same ability, and that's just the flavor text for that ability.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Honestly, it's debatable if it failed, I might be confusing the PM I got for two abilities that targeted me as actually being the same ability, and that's just the flavor text for that ability.

Mafia Edit: I might be confusing the PM I got for one ability targeting me as two separate abilities.

Hence why I'm curious if it could be the explanation for why there was no NK last night.

Oh my god, can you please go figure out what happened to you and then report back to us once you've actually figured out what the fuck you are talking about? All this "wishy-washy i dunno" bullshit really looks like a scum trying to make up a story, but I currently believe you to be town. So please, figure it out.

Oh my god, can you please go figure out what happened to you and then report back to us once you've actually figured out what the fuck you are talking about? All this "wishy-washy i dunno" bullshit really looks like a scum trying to make up a story, but I currently believe you to be town. So please, figure it out.

I genuinely laughed. This is out of character for you! XD

It's more a problem of how to explain it without at the same time harming town by revealing too much information.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

So let me get this straight, the options are "it failed" or "it didn't happen".  "It succeeded" is not an option, right?

It happened and my character was described as being possessed, but I have no indication of what it did for certain.

Just now, Shade939 said:

It happened and my character was described as being possessed, but I have no indication of what it did for certain.

Wait, so you're actively possessed right now, you just don't know what it does?

Yes, you're trying to hide something, and I can tell. That's why it looks scummy.

I'm frustrated because I think you're probably leaving out information that would be useful to us, and that it's plausible that the scum team already know that this supposed action failed, in which case leaving us in the dark just hurts us.

I could decide the think along the lines that you're making this up to cover for something else. As far as that goes, I guess I have to wait for what others say.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Maybe?

:|

Well, regardless of your wishy-washyness, a lot of this stuff at first glance sounds to me like third party stuff.  Pies, possession, and viruses (prion diseases if we're going for the 3 Ps :p ), but if all of it is, we're a very third party heavy game so it's probably not the case.  It's usually a bad idea to hunt third party first, too, but leads are better than none, and I'm always wary of cults after reading the visceroid game.

Though of those things, I guess pie is REALLY the only thing that screams third party to me.  But you know me, always paranoid.  I feel kind of left out of this whole kerfluffle too. It's a bold claim to say FOUR people visited you.  What happened to me being the suspicious one drawing everyone N1, heh.

Wow so Shade is maybe possibly possessed and Nodlied is infected with something but so far nothing's happened to either. That's pretty weird. I guess if Shade got hit with a pie, that probably rules out Chop ... well I mean unless those pies are actually mind control pies. :|

Yes, you're trying to hide something, and I can tell. That's why it looks scummy.

I'm frustrated because I think you're probably leaving out information that would be useful to us, and that it's plausible that the scum team already know that this supposed action failed, in which case leaving us in the dark just hurts us.

I could decide the think along the lines that you're making this up to cover for something else. As far as that goes, I guess I have to wait for what others say.

A fair point, I was also role blocked, which is where telling the truth becomes very unfavorable for me considering their was no NK and this is the first time anyone has been possessed.

ChopBam's role is weird. I'm currently inclined to think he has a role where he has to pie at least half of the alive players when the game ends. Would act similarly to my Zero role during the Halloween game. It doesn't seem like his pies do other things. So a neutral that doesn't even need to be alive to win, maybe?

Alright, so with Shade's newest claim, how many actions do we have now?

1) "Town action"
2) "Town action"
3) ChopBam's pie delivery
4) Possession
5) Roleblocker

So we sit at five actions now. Any possibility that some of these could be combined?