Blog 21(20/03/07)

Well we've got a few methods of doing the CLEG that we havnt decided on yet.

One of them is a little cheap and one of them will require dan to put alot of work into it.

1.) Have a translucent plane over the map, atm when the cleg right clicks he goes to that plane and his model changes to an invisible box with no bounding box (so he cant be seen and/or targeted) and his speed gets a massive boost, then you right click again and you're on the ground.

O and also the plane is invisible from beneath, and because aircraft wont crush infantry on contact and they wont be able to target the cleg we may change it so aircraft can fly through it and then make it invisible entirely.

2.) Recreate the RA2 radar, show the map and keep track of every single soviet units position, you'd be able to see a red dot on the map for a soviet unit but you wouldnt know what it was till you got there..

Also phasing in is somewhere near 60% complete, we know how to make him freeze for a set time and how to make it variable on how long he spends moving, tho if we change to option 2 (which i would like to before version 1) it'd have to be done by position offset, possible but it'd require ALOT of playing with and tweaking.

Anyway the CLEG isnt in RC1 so it dosnt need to be a concern just yet.

No Its not a shame it means's a faster 1st release, If thay did every thing before releasing it would take twice maybe three times as long before anyone could play.

Quoted For Truth. This is our reasoning.

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

No Its not a shame it means's a faster 1st release, If thay did every thing before releasing it would take twice maybe three times as long before anyone could play.

I know but still after hearing so much about it I really really want to play with it. but Yes I did expect such kind of reaction

We've got releases planned out,

RC1 - Will contain everything you get upto the radar being built

RC1:P1 - Will add in the country system for the sides that have units at the current tech level, and naval.

RC2: Will add in everything upto the tech centre, excluding the cloning vats, industrial plant, super weapons, and other advanced utility buildings that could cause major balance issues if implemented incorrectly.

RC2:P1: Will add in super weapons, all of them.... and also the advanced utility buildings, cloning vats, spysat etc.

RC3: Everything, polished and finished ^_^

Possible releases:

RC4: Single Player Campaign, Yuri's Army?

After that it'll just be balance updates and map packs.

Guest Vader6

This is what I suggest for the Chrono Legionnaire.

Make it so that when you right click, you are poofed over to where you aimed. And you can't move until you're done phasing in.

Sure, you won't be able to go to the enemy base from the barracks, but it would allow for being able to shift out fast when the enemy spots you.