Blog 21(20/03/07)

Welcome to the blog, and yes i'm finally back!!

I'd like to kick off with an old asset that's just been given some love from ric

wmunwrap01.jpg

The warminer is now in the works of the AR team machine. Ric just finished the unwrap and i'm currently texturing the beast, so expect a WIP in the near future!

Next up another update from ric, you've seen it in the public WIP section recently but it to must be blogged!

clegg03.jpg

The cleg gun will feature a fully working freeze effect, disallowing defence from this hi-tech piece of kit.

Small building update, Ric has done some work on recreating the prism tower, here's a WIP shot of the main part of the allied defence

ptower01.jpg

some nice new updates from our local workaholic The Merovingian, pics say it all

01ww6.png

02ub0.png

03.jpg

First! :)

So you have the chrono legionaire's gun, but do you know how he's gonna move around yet?

Check one of the older blogs, there may be a video there. Otherwise we have two solutions to the problem :D

Guest havoc8r

I am curious to see how the CLEG gun works as well. I mean, from a FPS perspective, it would really suck to get hit by one of them cause you have to stand there and wait to die. It'd be kind of boring. And will the CLEG be able to move while firing the weapon? That one's kind of tricky because it can either makes it too easy to defend against if they can't move or too hard to defend against if they can. I mean, they didn't move in RA2, but neither did a lot of the other units that shoot and do move in Renegade and its mods.

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

I am curious to see how the CLEG gun works as well. I mean, from a FPS perspective, it would really suck to get hit by one of them cause you have to stand there and wait to die. It'd be kind of boring. And will the CLEG be able to move while firing the weapon? That one's kind of tricky because it can either makes it too easy to defend against if they can't move or too hard to defend against if they can. I mean, they didn't move in RA2, but neither did a lot of the other units that shoot and do move in Renegade and its mods.

but all the other units could move but rarely did it in RA2, where the legionaries couldn't move at all, also it should be quite easy to take a out a legionnaire, as it is instant death to both you and your vehicle (or so it should be) so it should be a unit that should either relying on ambushing or teamwork to succeed.

but all the other units could move but rarely did it in RA2, where the legionaries couldn't move at all, also it should be quite easy to take a out a legionnaire, as it is instant death to both you and your vehicle (or so it should be) so it should be a unit that should either relying on ambushing or teamwork to succeed.

The CLEG freezes and destroys infantry in a matter of seconds. Tanks take a little bit longerand buildings even longer than that. The key is to overwhelm the CLEG with sheer numbers.

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

The CLEG freezes and destroys infantry in a matter of seconds. Tanks take a little bit longerand buildings even longer than that. The key is to overwhelm the CLEG with sheer numbers.

that was not my point, I was quoting havoc's post about if the legionnaire himself could move around while using the gun, which reminds me will he be able to actually walk or does he have to chrono all time like in RA2?

Guest Merovingian

There will be a severe update on the War Factory too since the last time i took a poly count it was at 11k. The good thing about that is that it also counted the thousands of polys used to make the Kirov that i used for scaling, i just hid it and forgot it was still on the scene.

So the poly count for the War Factory is just over 8k so i have plenty to spend on additionals, none structural design aspects.

Keep and eye out for Blog 22 tomorrow too.

Guest cacarca

Because they don't post their blogs here anymore, oh and improve your attitude mate.

Sorry, I'm pissed off right now because of my computer.

Well otherwise it would just be boring as hell to be a CLeg, and I doubt he will walk fast...

You would be right. The C.Leg has a lot of gear to carry around.

Guest Allie29

Well, unless you "see" the area you chrono to before actually doing it, you may just end up walking into a death trap. Either way, it wouldn't be safe. I need to read up on this mod some, sounds good.