Blog 25 (17/04/07)

Guest Freak

Hat looks really nice. Will there be some kind of camo version of the SEAL or just solid colors? Not requesting, mind you, just wondering. They look fine as hell right now, a camo version would just be interesting.

Guest Freak
do away with the hat.

if you must keep the helmate, redo texture, and add visor

First off, when was the last time you saw a military helmet with a visor?

Secondly, look up Navy SEAL on Google Images, every single one of them is wearing a hat. They don't wear helmets as not only are they pretty damn heavy, but it would also be extremely cumbersome when doing any kind of under water operation, which is pretty much all the SEALs do.

Guest havoc8r
First off, when was the last time you saw a military helmet with a visor?

Sph-4b-Large.gifKevlar_Helmet.jpg

Hell, even THIS:

Military_helmet.jpg

Shall I continue?

Btw, the hat is awesome!

Guest Allie29

Helmets for pilots != helmet for SEAL (I'm assuming thats what the first is, because it sure looks like either that or from some advanced fighter prototype stuff). I ain't no military person, but the hat is used for many reasons I believe. To keep light from reflecting, to help break up the normal human silhouette, weight. Heck, if nothing else, you drop your hat behind, its not an automatically "HOLY CRAPZ SF HALP!" Same if they happen to glimpse you. But like I said, I'm not in the military, ask them, not me.

Guest Westy543
aww no credit for rigging the grizzly :'(

*runs away crying*

Still <3 you, poor nameme99.

Something is up with his shoulders or lack thereof. Also his mid torso looks like it is clipping strangely. Also his satchels look skewed. These factors take away greatly from the model.

Meh, the chest to me looks like the texturing is skewing, or coming over oddly, but meh.

Hat looks really nice. Will there be some kind of camo version of the SEAL or just solid colors? Not requesting, mind you, just wondering. They look fine as hell right now, a camo version would just be interesting.

It will probably be like Renegade's heroes, or APB's spys, where you can pick the skins.

Guest havoc8r

Helmets for pilots != helmet for SEAL (I'm assuming thats what the first is, because it sure looks like either that or from some advanced fighter prototype stuff). I ain't no military person, but the hat is used for many reasons I believe. To keep light from reflecting, to help break up the normal human silhouette, weight. Heck, if nothing else, you drop your hat behind, its not an automatically "HOLY CRAPZ SF HALP!" Same if they happen to glimpse you. But like I said, I'm not in the military, ask them, not me.

Freak said military helmet, so I displayed some military helmets :D

It will probably be like Renegade's heroes, or APB's spys, where you can pick the skins.

Westy543 wins the prize.

No, I'm Ben :ups:! He's Ken :sideways:.

You're Steev :D, but where's Glen?

Am Ken :sideways:

Hi Ken.

I'm Ben :ups:

Save the rest for IRC.

You'll have to wait a while to see the SEAL's frog outfit since swimming wont be until some of the later releases.

Guest leo`n

HEY i remeber suggesting the seals, but that didn't probably make you decide to make it...

but owell, good job TheCrow :D , also the helmets are good but... reminds me of halo.

Guest Evil Alex

HEY i remeber suggesting the seals, but that didn't probably make you decide to make it...

but owell, good job TheCrow :D , also the helmets are good but... reminds me of halo.

VERY VERY LIKEWISE leo'n!! :p heh heh heh heh Looks a lot like HALO soldiers. :s lmao!

umm your do know this is a different mod and that is based of of red alert 2 and seals are in that game right?