Blog 36 (04/07/07)

Welcome to the blog! Take a look below for what you want to read.

<h3>The Stuff of Renegade Legends</h3>

For nearly a year now I have been trying to track down various leaders of dead or incomplete mods so that we may use their assets, propelling our progress and also getting the models actually used so that the work did not go to waste.

VenCoverBox.jpg

You may remember the Renegade TC Mod that was hosted over at C&C Reborn's forums, Red Alert 2: Vengeance. It can still be found on Moddb.

Well, I recently got into contact with community scripting legend, TheKGBSpy, (RA2:Vengeance Mod Leader) who has taken a look at what we have going on here and has agreed to pass us some assets over that will, potentially, boost the backbone of our mod and get it into gear for serious testing.

So I would like to take this oppertunity to pay homage to the Red Alert 2: Vengeance Team for all the blood sweat and tears they put into the mod over the course of it's active life. We shan't let you guys down, that's for sure,

<h3>Renders</h3>

I have some cool renders for you. Firstly there is a combo mambo of the Allied Battle Lab, a collab of Ric's and Sven's models to produce this wild offspring.

AlliedBattleLab1-1.jpgAlliedBattleLab2-1.jpg

Secondly we have the Mirage Tank which has been getting updated constantly since last year, the tracks need replacing but other than that it is ready for unwrapping.

MirageTankfinalfinal-1.jpgMirageTankfinalfinal2-1.jpg

<h3>AR TV</h3>

This is an exciting new scheme that will hopefully be put into place in the near future.

This is what Merovingian had to say about it just before his Macbook's screen failed.

Ever since i got myself VNC back on the 'ol Windows machine i've been letting people connect to watch what exactally goes on behind the scenes of The Apocalypse Rising Development team, live.

Now that i'm back on my Mac (and windows machine when that gets fixed) i was thinking of rehosting it again.

I know for one Mammutpanzer is enthused about this, but what if we made it public?

You can download Realvnc from here.

When i get software working to run 3DS Max and the other tools that i need we can make it public if members agree on this.

Others can do this aswell. We can create a database of hyperlinks to our VNC Server ip addresses and see what we do.

Obviously we would notify when AR Team was starting in the official IRC channel.

Server: irc.n00bstories.com

Channel: #apocrising

We will probably broadcast model showcases as well as a few other cool things. A small walkthrough of the latest test, perhaps :) stay tuned to see how this unfolds.

<h3>End</h3>

Mero's Macbook's screen was faulty. He sent it back so he will be out of action for 2-3 weeks :D

My internet is being a bitch and it keeps disconnecting. I have been assured that this will be fixed by the weekend. Also next week is my last week of college before the summer holidays :)

I met Aidoneus last thursday when I went to London. We went for a pint and posed with a Storm Trooper and a Clone Trooper outside the Star Wars convention. And then posed on the Westminster bridge before bidding each other farewell. According to Aido there are four ways to go in London, starting from the London Eye. There is Theatre Land, Tourist Land (gr8 h8), Parliament Land (yawn) and Buisness Land... London is an adventure, rly.

We have come a long way since the days of

Conscript vehicle nicking. We will not be stopping anytime soon... For all you doubters out there.

See you all next week for more Spar-- I mean RA2:AR :)

Guest Westy543

That battle lab freaking ROCKS. Something looks a tad off but that could just be me mainly at its base. As for the mirage tank, didn't you guys have some leet "newer" render you showed off half a year ago? Well in any event the "newer-er" render rocks. But what's up with the front of the barrel? Some kind of aiming sight?

That's pretty cool that you got in touch with the guys at RA2:V. Finally... how do you blow a Mac? They just work dangit. But yeah, AR TV looks sweet.

PS, come drop by IRC and play Uno. :p

Will all levels of the battle lab have internals? or just those main three levels?

Also, stairs & lift? or just lift? (better not be)

Probably a glass lift and a fire escape style stair case :D Probably like The Shinra building from Final Fantasy 7.

Guest Merovingian

1. My Mac didn't die, the screen was faulty so i sent it back.

2. The internals will probably be limited to space.

3. Lol.

Guest EVA-251

I think Herr Generals words cover my feelings about the mod.

As for the renders shown- Outstanding, I love the Mirage Tank especially.

The Battle Lab leaves me even more curious though...Will there be mostly open space in the Lab or will it have some rooms/sections to it?

I think it'd be pretty neat to have a battle inside a building, hiding behind crates, tables, etc.

Guest u6795

Ooh, man.

Wow.

That is waay sweet. I'm looking forward to seeing how the video broadcast or whatever goes down, that'd be pretty interesting.

And oh, god, <3 Mirage Tank =]

Guest cmatt42

Those models are splendid, but look a little polygon-heavy. You could probably just replace the blander details with some nice bump-mapped textures. For example, the Battle Lab's window panes.

Guest cuddling

Probably a glass lift and a fire escape style stair case :) Probably like The Shinra building from Final Fantasy 7.

will the battle lab have as many levels as it? :D

Guest Merovingian

Not too many, we may have a ground floor then two above it in the 'glass' areas. Don't want people to get lost in the labyrinth of the centre.

Not too many, we may have a ground floor then two above it in the 'glass' areas. Don't want people to get lost in the labyrinth of the centre.

I would like to build levels into it, perhaps about 5 or six joined by simple staircases and a lift that takes you to one floor below the top. Then the top floor is the executive room, much like the top of the Shinra tower.

Lol just don't have the 100 flight of stairs that was so long to get up to lol, then barret gets catgh by the guards all the time because hes too slow moving from statue :@

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

I would like to build levels into it,perhaps about 5 or six joined by simple staircases and a lift that takes you to one floor below the top. Then the top floor is the executive room, much like the top of the Shinra tower.

would the MCT or whatever you would use instead, be in the top floor?

would the MCT or whatever you would use instead, be in the top floor?

Yes.

Here is some inside shots of the Shinra Building.

midesc1.jpg

1-14-0.png

Guest Merovingian

bag of dicks, my favorite breakfast item, bad Ben! It's an MCT not a mainframe.

And you are trying to steal from Caves of Narshe?

bag of dicks, my favorite breakfast item, bad Ben! It's an MCT not a mainframe.

And you are trying to steal from Caves of Narshe?

Huh, I neither confirmed or denied the use of MCTs. The Battlelab would most likely have a mainframe computer as the building weakpoint.

Pictures perhaps... I can't see them at the moment because my college internet blocks them.

Will there be a balcony for snipers on top of the battlelab? (good if base is under attack :/ )

There will be a balcony on top of the Allied Airforce Command HQ.but we aren't encouraging heavy sniping in AR. There will only be a 1 in 5 chance each map that you will be able to use the sniper since only Britain get the sniper as their country specific unit.

Guest Merovingian

There will be a balcony on top of the Allied Airforce Command HQ.but we aren't encouraging heavy sniping in AR. There will only be a 1 in 5 chance each map that you will be able to use the sniper since only Britain get the sniper as their country specific unit.

There will?

Team: Repair the base

Newbie: Ehhh? I cant find my way out of the battle lab

Team: Suicide, its quicker than trying to find an exit!

Wow nice Blog OWA. Cool that you could contact these guys and that we can use some stuff of them. :)

The Battle Lab and the Mirage Tank look nice. :D I want a Battle Lab with a labyrinth inside. ;P

AR TV is going to be public and Mero is going to show some of his work soon? WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT?

AR TV FTW! :) I am going to connect my PC with our satellite and send AR TV all over the world. :p For the union. ^^ :p

My holidays are going to start on monday. :)

I hope you enjoyed your trip to London. :)

Guest Merovingian

Team: Repair the base

Newbie: Ehhh? I cant find my way out of the battle lab

Team: Suicide, its quicker than trying to find an exit!

Exactly.:D

LOL, lol the battlelab is starting to sound like a building on bf2 lol where a heli spawns ontop :D i can't remember the map name :p

Oh, thats my favourite map (or was, not played bf2 in YEARS), I never bother running all the way to the top for the heli anyway, I cba trying to get past all the n00bs camping the helipad....