Blog 37 (11/07/07)

Guest havoc8r

I just want to remind everyone that the GI can't be too much of a super unit, it would put the Soviets at too much of a disadvantage early on unless each team starts with money. I've been out of the loop for a couple of months and I don't know if the AR team has talked about it, but if the Soviets start out with just Conscripts and the Allies the the GIs and the GIs can deploy and fire longer range and have added armor, every battle is going to be pretty one-sided until the first ore drop...

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

Hmm yeah he couldn't be crushed, or how about have it that he can't be but have fast deployment and undeployment, then that would even it out abit

Are you saying GI's couldn't be crushed when deployed in RA2? they could it is the GGI (Guardian GI) that couldn't

I just want to remind everyone that the GI can't be too much of a super unit, it would put the Soviets at too much of a disadvantage early on unless each team starts with money. I've been out of the loop for a couple of months and I don't know if the AR team has talked about it, but if the Soviets start out with just Conscripts and the Allies the the GIs and the GIs can deploy and fire longer range and have added armor, every battle is going to be pretty one-sided until the first ore drop...

hmm... I don't think really unless you make them instant kill, as there is one thing you forget I think, by deploying GI's are easily taken out, as they have to sit down and not move at all (except from turning maybe), so I wouldn't require a lot of skill to get a headshot, where you undeployed, can move around (bunnyhopping anyone?) and thus make it hard to even hit, not to take about hitting the head

GI Heavy Gun (immobile to an extent) > Conscript gun > GI Gun

Guest havoc8r

So what's the free starting unit going to be for the Allies if the GI ends up costing money?

And are headshots still going to count against deployed GIs? It'll be nice having a wall of sandbags protecting most of you, but the head is still going to be poking out, making it one hell of a target even with a limited range of movements inside the bags.

It'll be nice having a wall of sandbags protecting most of you, but the head is still going to be poking out, making it one hell of a target even with a limited range of movements inside the bags.

To be honest I can see that fact being the balancing point for having that extra firepower when deployed.

Guest cuddling

I want the spectator mode to be the starting free unit :p

lol, then i wonder what will they shoot out to kill stuff

• 3 weeks later...