Blog 45 (05/09/07)

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

We could introduce fully rebuildable buildings on maps with Construction yards though, to vary the gameplay a bit. That would slap a big "destroy me first" sticker on the construction yard which is basically how every C&C Game rolled, particularly RA2. Without the conyard, the ability to rebuild is lost.

ahh... okay so the CY has to be present for anything other than minor base defence to be able to be rebuildable, sounds fair

Guest Kakashi

ahh... okay so the CY has to be present for anything other than minor base defence to be able to be rebuildable, sounds fair

I'd say the CY is needed for anything to be build... or what are you supposed to build the defenses with? Cranes maybe... :p.

36th post!!!

Seriously though, great news aboult rebuildables. What realease is it going to be in, or are we talking WAY into the future

Probably RC2.

Minor base defences won't be rebuildable without a Conyard.

There will be a deploy key, probably Q (who gives somebody else their gun anyway?) You can switch between rocket ifv and your own ifv as much as u like, but there's a time between the switch that you cant fire.

More detail on this next week.

Guest lucibrium

However, these weak spots... how would engineers repair? We can't stay with the repair gun idea; whats the point of pointing a digital ray at a weakpoint of the building?

Guest Xenon560

Nice blog as always

can u use the drill or welder to attack enemies

also i cant watch the video coz it is quicktime. is it possible for u to put it on youtube

Nice blog, and i watched that live feed from mero for the Ore Refinery...

DID YOU ATTACH THE PIPES PROPERLY!? D:<

*lols*

Im just more concerned about the rebuildable stuff. It might break the gameplay as bases become way too difficult to destroy.

Couldn't you just balance that with a horrendous price to rebuild buildings so that multiple team members are forced to donate or something? And so while a team is saving up to rebuild their 'radar' the other team is pounding on another critical target, like the barracks etc.

If you're going to have rebuildable buildings, are you going to get technical and have a build cue as well?

Probably not...

Personally I really like the dynamic of the 'kill-mcv' first in-game. But as suggested, you probably just have to restrict the maps where a fully powered MCV operates.

(Many a lan skirmish I've won against friends who simply quit after I killed their mcv! of course then there is my annoying friend who turns 'quick game' off and hides dolphins in all sorts of strange places... :D )

-gben

(waves from over at cncnz.com)

Couldn't you just balance that with a horrendous price to rebuild buildings so that multiple team members are forced to donate or something? And so while a team is saving up to rebuild their 'radar' the other team is pounding on another critical target, like the barracks etc.

If you're going to have rebuildable buildings, are you going to get technical and have a build cue as well?

Probably not...

The plan is to have horrendous prices in a separate "team" fund which is separate from each individual player's revenue.

Build cues are impossible to do at this point in time for units, let alone for buildings.

what if MVC is destoryed will the team loose the ability to re-build like on RA2 and isn't the maps going to have a longer time clock ? :D teach us more please lol

1. Yes but it will be a Construction Yard, not an MCV.

2. That depends on the server owners.