Blog 60 19/12/07

Blog 60! The one before christmas! But also slightly late :D Have no fear though, I'll still bring you guys a blog on Boxing day. (I think we had a boxing gday blog last year). Anyway, lets hit into the updates.

<h3>Conference #1 Overview</h3>

Our first AR team conference was held on the Friday of last week and I can safely say that it was a roaring success. Here's some juicy info on what we talked about. dtrngd organised all this so props goes to him for the info.

-We need someone to make a new skeleton to apply to the current animations, as well as some new gun hand bones.

-Tankmaster is currently setting up the website, should be done this week, and cfehunter is working on the forum skin.

-We helped Ric with suggestions to improve the flak track, he will reunwrap it after the model is done, check it out at flak track unwrap progress topic.

-Seems that only the Nighthawk transport is left to be unwrapped after Ric finishes the flak track and Chevy unwraps the Rhino tank. (Soviet_Deso has the Grizzly tank and the Chrono Miner)

-Mero is not feeling 100% okey, hope he gets better.

-The fake worldbox lets us many things to do.

You may walk on/inside vessels/hovercrafts only when they are stationary. When moving, you'll have to enter certain "seats" (fake vehicles attached to the ship's body), but when stationary, you can actually move within these kinds of vehicles as with a building.

Well, with the current fake worldbox behaviour, we may have boarding actions. Think of allies stopping for defense, attacking the approaching soviet ship. The ship sits next to the allied one and soldiers start jumping from ship to ship. You kill the opposing team and take control over the enemy ship. I think this would be something really interesting. Kind of like what pirates did hundreds of years ago.

More about this later when danpaul explains how can it work with 1337 scripts added.

-Rebuildable base defenses may have the scud storm superweapon system logic. You could just fly around and place the pillbox around your base. Number of buildable pillboxes, and the range where you can place them are limited. (You'll need a Conyard up and running to rebuild minor base defenses, and you'll have to place them yourself)

-Some building weakpoints could actually be barrels, or ammo cache for Allied Barracks. Also several V3 warheads resting on the building's mainframe could go for a weakpoint for Soviets, etc..

These meetings have been setup to not only provide you with more ideas to mull over but also to bring our team closer together as a unit as well as boost production and team morale. Pretty good stuff.

<h3>New Flak Track</h3>

Since the unwrap for our current Flak Track was horrible, we needed to redo it. We got Ric on the job, but he went one better and remade the entire model. This is considered to be our final model and will be unwrapped shortly.

flakun12.jpgflakun14.jpg

<h3>Allied Walls</h3>

Since the allied walls were unwrapped, cfehunter has been busy texturising them. Here we can see that the allies like painting their walls but are extremely annoyed when the soviets shoot them and ruin the nice paint job. Check out some images below, because it's what you really want isn't it :)

wallren3.jpgwallren4.jpg

<h3>Old Fun Revisited</h3>

Here's a video from ages ago. It's basically us ripping round in Demo Trucks and V3 Launchers in one of the very early alpha tests (from when we were at blazemods. I uploaded the video to youtube a while back but forgot to announce it, so here it is now. By the way, I'm the guy that gets killed by danpaul88 both times (He's too good D:)

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<h3>Team Notices</h3>

I am a very happy guy right now. My coursework is basically finished up for the year, the mod is running smoothly and a I have a wonderful girlfriend (<3 Shannon). What more could a student game developer ask for? (Except moneys). Aslo, I got an airmail letter in the post and was perplexed as to where it came from. So, I opened it and lo and behold, it was from everyone's favourite aussie janitor, drunkill! I honestly could not believe it. totop it off he sent me a portal companion cube card which was leet. Pictures here and here.

cfehunter is in the mood to texturise stuff so work will be coming from him pretty fast. He also bought me and Shannon some minature heroes chocolates. Ain't he just a legend :)

Mero/Zion Fox will hopefully have the ACFHQ internals ready for the next blog.

Chevy787 will be unwrapping the Rhino Tank after he finishes with the welder.

Tankmaster has the website in testing, expect it to go live shortly.

Chronojam is at Venompawz's house currently. Aren't they just an inspiring pair for long distance relationships? :)

Christmas is coming so a lot of people are busy.

<h3>OWA's Community Support Grotto</h3>

I got a message from [FW]Wolf this week. The mod he works on, Battle For Dune is coming along quite nicely. As long as the progress keeps rolling, this old project should be one to watch in the months to come.

Moddb voting is over on the 20th. Phase 2 will begin once the moddb guys grab their calculators and manage to write the word 6006135 using it.

Since the newly announced Tiberium FPS is apparently lacking a C&C multiplayer mode, your going to have to look at the newly formed Order of Omega network (the OoO for short) to get the evolution of everyone's favourite multiplayer game mode.

This collective is basically a multiude of C&C mods which have banded together to form a network where news can be displayed for all of them (so you can go to one site for all your news instead of several). The current mods signed up to the network are as follows:

Red Alert 2: Apocalypse Rising

C&C Reborn

Renegade 2007

Command & Crysis: The Dead Six

C&C Farcry

C&C Tiberian Eclipse

Roleplay2

JeepRubi Mod

This benefits us a lot because it allows us to temporarily trade staffers skills. So if Ren07 needs a vehicle and AR needs a character, they can make us a character whilst we make them a vehicle. So it works on a tit for tat basica level of swappage. Which is pretty awesome news for us to say the least because now we can get on and trade for a hell of a load of texture work for some modelwork or something similar, which will rock.

<h3>This is the end...</h3>

Merry Christmas from the Apocalypse Rising team to our dedicated fans, followers and supporters! With you by our side in the months to come, we'll produce something mindblowing for you to play.

See you on Boxing day (get your gloves and hooded dressing gowns ready).

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

like the new flak tank

lol flak tank is that a new version with increased armor and firepower? :p

Yeah nice new flak track, and those walls are nice too, can't wait to blow them to smithrens

Guest deadpikle

Glad things are going well for you and the team OWA. I myself only have one more exam left before break :D

Nice blog too. Can't say which flak track I liked better though.

Guest Slavik262

The fake world-box is amazing. That opens up so many possibilities. APC's where you can actually drop the hatch and run out... Ship to ship combat...

Is possible to create various positions with the "vehicles" inside of your main one? For example, if you have an allied destroyer, would one person be able to get into the bridge and drive and another guy be able to get into the turret and shoot? That would be amazing. It would redefine Renegade as we know it :D

Edited by Slavik262

Glad things are going well for you and the team OWA. I myself only have one more exam left before break :)

Nice blog too. Can't say which flak track I liked better though.

Thanks Deadpickle. Here's the concepts we used for the Flak Track.

flaktrack.jpg

post-3136-1197657080.png

Can I get a link for the OoO site?

Not yet :D

The fake world-box is amazing. That opens up so many possibilities. APC's where you can actually drop the hatch and run out... Ship to ship combat...

Is possible to create various positions with the "vehicles" inside of your main one? For example, if you have an allied destroyer, would one person be able to get into the bridge and drive and another guy be able to get into the turret and shoot? That would be amazing. It would redefine Renegade as we know it :)

Yes! with this we may let you play pirates with the ships. So if you draw the dreadnaut alongside the aircraftcarrier you could form a boarding party and attempt to capture their vessel. We may implement this based on how practical it is. To answer your question, yeah we can have ships with player controlled turrets on them, it's kinda like the battle fortress.

mmm useful transports....

EDIT: btw, pirates are still a very real threat, they didnt 'die' out 100s of years ago, the few modern pirates are still operating near asia and during the veitnam war piracy near their was very rife

..That concludes todays lesson

EDIT2: Flak looks amazing

Edited by r34ch

Guest deadpikle

Thanks Deadpikle. Here's the concepts we used for the Flak Track.

Fixed to "DeadpiKle" :p

Anyway, yeah, I see how its "accurate" and all. I'll just have to see it ingame or in an ingame video to decide if I like it or not, really. I shouldn't judge by the models so much D:

EDIT: btw, pirates are still a very real threat, they didnt 'die' out 100s of years ago, the few modern pirates are still operating near asia and during the veitnam war piracy near their was very rife

..That concludes todays lesson

Kinda like the guys that shot an RPG at a Cruise Ship from a little boat and ended up having a Destroyer stop by.

New flak track is awesome. And the "fake world box" sounds like it opens up hundreds of possibilities.

lol flak tank is that a new version with increased armor and firepower? :p

Yeah nice new flak track, and those walls are nice too, can't wait to blow them to smithrens

sry type messageing from my cell phone and had alot of sushi and beer ...lol

Nice FlackTrack, (even though i always thought it looked like a German WWII Halftrack with a Flak cannon mounted on it's back... on the avatar that is :\ )

i also like those naval transport things, the idea of stealing some destroyers will be one of my favourite tactics. :D

Edited by cncra2

Guest EVA-251

Very good Flak Track. Looks quite a bit better than the last version. And the world box stuff? I like the concept of boarding ships and actually loading stuff into transports.

Not too fond of the Allied Wall tho. The ingame and cameo walls were alot smoother in appearance, even somewhat shiny.

Edited by EVA-251