Blog 67 (06/02/08)

Guest Chris J. Magill

Where? :D

They're not actually controllable, (unless you use mind-control,) but they are in the game. Here's a screenshot: ra2screenshottechnicianee4.jpg

They're the guys with the red and green long-sleeve tops.

Guest EVA-251

If you go to rules(md).ini, you'll find a tag called

CrewEscape=70% ; percent chance that crew will escape from destroyed vehicle

Add Crewed=yes to any vehicle and there is a remote chance a techie will pop out of it.

we have, we decided on IFV forms before we came here.

Techie will be standard IFV you'll have to get an engineer to make a repair IFV.

Read the forums :D

We changed that months ago.

Also, you won't have to go back the the depot if you get the required veterancy for auto healing or if your team captures the tech machine shop.

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

Read the forums :D

We changed that months ago.

Also, you won't have to go back the the depot if you get the required veterancy for auto healing or if your team captures the tech machine shop.

but the depot still heals faster right?

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

Just you pay for depot repairs :D

yeah but late game at least in APB you tend to have an abundance of money, and then you might be able to do some more damage if you spend some money on the repairs, instead of making it heal itself

auto-repairs will be faster at elite veterancy and will make it so you can spend even more time away from the depot.

Machine shop + elite veterancy + Apoc Tank = ownage

If you go to rules(md).ini, you'll find a tag called

CrewEscape=70% ; percent chance that crew will escape from destroyed vehicle

Add Crewed=yes to any vehicle and there is a remote chance a techie will pop out of it.

IIRC, the CTECH unit is also listed as the pilot, so a crewed aircraft could drop a Technician with a parachute. :D

Is there also a Tech Outpost that can act as a Service Depot, or am I just remembering that from a mod?

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

Yes, it shoots ground and air targets, but it does poor damage.

but enough to at least keep enemy engies away unless they come in hordes (and that would be pretty waste of money if you ask me when there is other and better ways to get them in)

Guest EVA-251

IIRC, the CTECH unit is also listed as the pilot, so a crewed aircraft could drop a Technician with a parachute. :D

Pilots dont work in RA2.

Is there also a Tech Outpost that can act as a Service Depot, or am I just remembering that from a mod?

Tech Outpost can act as a SD, and most regrettably when the AI captures it, knows nothing about how to use it.

Its weapon is the exact same as the IFV's standard mode ([HoverMissile])

And happy early birthday, OWA. (Its only 8PM here) :)

Happy birthday, future dude!

Pilots dont work in RA2.

That's wrong; I have tested them. And now that I have access to rulesmd.ini, I can see this quite clearly:

Pilot=E1			   ; pilot type that parachutes out of aircraft

I was mistaken about the Technician, though; turns out it was the GI after all.

Tech Outpost can act as a SD, and most regrettably when the AI captures it, knows nothing about how to use it.

Its weapon is the exact same as the IFV's standard mode ([HoverMissile])

Yes, I know. That was also the old weapon for the Sea Scorpion. I just couldn't remember whether it was in the original game.

Guest EVA-251

Happy birthday, future dude!

That's wrong; I have tested them. And now that I have access to rulesmd.ini, I can see this quite clearly:

Pilot=E1			  ; pilot type that parachutes out of aircraft

I was mistaken about the Technician, though; turns out it was the GI after all.

Yes, I know. That was also the old weapon for the Sea Scorpion. I just couldn't remember whether it was in the original game.

I insist. They dont work.

I've modded YR for 3 years, and in all that time, with my aircraft all having Crewed=yes, Pilot=E1, I have never seen any infantry dropped from them.

The logic was gone in TS.