Blog 68 (13/02/08)

Guest Docgrit74

The limited big 10 stick dynamite is for buildings like Tanya's C4. The 3 stick dynamite is his general puropse infinite ammo weapon that he can use against anything but does a lot less damage. That's the impression I got.

Edited by Docgrit74

I recon that Tanya should have enough charges of C4 to blow up 2 buildings or maybe 1 building and like 80% - 90% damage to a second one.

Why will the crazy ivan be able to destroy more buildings without refilling than the navy seal when they both could destroy unlimited amounts but you are making the navy seal only be able to destroy 1 building?

This is all very much endecided on amounts and damage.

The limited big 10 stick dynamite is for buildings like Tanya's C4. The 3 stick dynamite is his general puropse infinite ammo weapon that he can use against anything but does a lot less damage. That's the impression I got.

The 10 stick dyamite will do craploads of damage vs everything, but you'll only have a couple of those or something. The 3 stick charge will indeed be his infinite ammo weapon. We thought of adding the knife because it is in the concept art and it also fits the close range style of the unit.

Also up for discussion is whether the 3 stick dynamite should function like a delayed grenade or like conventional renegade timed C4.

Well since its 'crazy' ivan how about this;

3 stick

Primary - The dynamite is thrown quite fast (as if slapped) and attached to anything, infantry, walls etc The timer is constant every time, so you can judge ambushes etc something like 5 seconds? Short range

Secondary - A 'random' fuse is lit once the dynamite is thrown. It bounces once and doesn't stick. It lies on the ground for anywhere between 2-7 seconds, giving ivan time to escape if need be. It makes the pursuing enemy unsure when or where the dynamite will go. Slightly longer range than primary

10 stick

Primary - Sticks to anything, has a delay of 30 seconds.

Secondary. - Sticks to anything has a random delay of anything from 20 - 45 seconds. This means the defending ivan can 'gamble' to damage the building up to 10 seconds faster or up to 15 seconds slower. The outcome could possibly turn the tide of the game

but that's just me :D

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

hes gonna be one of my favorite infantry units i bet ^_^

yeah he gonna be nice I think, ohh how I just loved that paris mission where you had to charge up the paris tower, I just loved demolishing every single building there

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

ivan will have the capability to bring down one building, but he'll be easily killed if he's spotted.

so basically he gonna uses same "gamestyle" as the thief currently in APB?

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

Well the Thief is not stealthed on radar to start with.

well okay, but I was mostly referring to the be spotted and killed part with no real ability to counter the enemy effecitvely

Edited by =NX=VinGummi2

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

This is why I'm telling he should be able to throw dynamites to a close distance, cuz otherwise he won't even have as much chance as the apb thief.

but these will still take some time, right or will they explode instant on contact with a surface a bit like grenades?

Guest Kakashi

Ivan might become a secret favourite for many players, who wouldn't want to stick a nice explosive stick inonto Tanya :D.

Edited by Kakashi