Blog 119 (06/02/09)

Welcome to this week's blog folks, I haven't got much to show but I'll do my best. Barrel scraping time!

<h3>Apocalypse Rising Mentioned on C&C.com!</h3>

Apoc and co. made a newspost over at the Command and Conquer website concerning the recent moddb awards and how several C&C-based projects had made it into the top 100.

This newspost featured, Apocalypse Rising as well as A Path Beyond, C&C Reborn and Battle For Dune!

Check out the news here.

<h3>Shocking News! Lead Producer Cuts Hair!</h3>

After a lot of thought, I have had my hair cut to a shorter length. This was a decision that I had to make on my own and have done. So look below for the "before and after" pictures.

Before

Areyousure.jpg

After

DSC00609.jpg

<h3>Soviet Nuclear Reactor</h3>

I couldn't think of anything else to put here, so I decided to re-render the Soviet Nuclear reactor so that it looked half decent and put it in here.

Check it out below:

NukeReactor01.png

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

It's my birthday next week, on thursday! I also scored a 1st in one of my games design modules in uni. The hard work payed off!

cfehunter is coming to visit me at uni in a few weeks.

Eggman891 is also coming to visit me (but not at the same time).

dtrngd, danpaul88, Chevy787, TheBeerinator and drunkill were all mentioned on the EA site :D

<h3>OWA's Falcon Punch Corner</h3>

CAPTAIN FALCON!!!!!!!!

<center><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFtw7qW7Vcw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFtw7qW7Vcw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFtw7qW7Vcw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></center>

Totally epic!

<h3>Fin~</h3>

Until next week.

Guest Allie29

I assume any map with a nuclear power plant has uber defenses and tech? Seeing as in how we have the ability to magically power a whole base through one tesla reactor... :D

Guest Pyrodaimon

that would make an awesome mission map "destory the leaky nuke PP" kinda like seamist

I couldn't think of any other way to place the Nukeplant without umbalancing the game.

Guest GummiBear

I couldn't think of any other way to place the Nukeplant without umbalancing the game.

what about in the middle of a allied base with prism towers able to shoot it directly from start (the nuclear reactor still being soviet's reactor ofc. :p

Your new haircut suits you :D

Also... the C&C news thing wont work, it just shows a blank black area where the content should be! I want to see what they said about me :p

EDIT: Hmm, never mind, found it by going to the homepage and then to news, seems to the item ID has changed since you put the links in the blog OWA...

Also... the C&C news thing wont work, it just shows a blank black area where the content should be! I want to see what they said about me :p

EDIT: Hmm, never mind, found it by going to the homepage and then to news, seems to the item ID has changed since you put the links in the blog OWA...

Damn it, the link worked a few hours ago... :D

Guest Kakashi

That's what he said. To him, that is the only way to make a map with the Nuke-PP in without making everything imba.

As long as the nuke is in the back of the base with no "regular" way leading directly to it other than blowing your way through the soviet defenses and base before getting there or being a very, very sneaky Tanya I don't see the Nuke-PP being any more imba than Nuke flares or Demotrucks in APB are. Don't forget that the thing doesn't blow from just looking at it, and that it probably wouldn't send the whole base to hell in one go if placed properly (although, being a priority target it should do some serious damage).

Edited by Kakashi