Blog 138 (25/06/09)

Welcome to this week's blog. I always say this, what's with that?

<h3>A Technical Demonstration</h3>

Since we aren't enforcing vehicle limits in Apocalypse Rising, dtrngd, Teamwolf and myself thought that we'd give a little demonstration by buying a LOT of vehicles. We then grabbed some Apocalypse tanks and destroyed them all for a laugh, before parking them next to the Oasis on Dune Patrol.

Take a look below.

ScreenShot29-1.png

ScreenShot30-1.pngScreenShot31-1.png

ScreenShot33-1.pngScreenShot35-1.png

ScreenShot37-1.png

<h3>Pillbox And Sentry Gun Rigged With Muzzle Flashes</h3>

Here is something that I forgot to post from a while ago. danpaul88 has rigged up the pillbox and sentry gun with muzzle flashes, courtesy of TheBeerinator. You won't see much of these up close if you are on the opposing team though.

Deadly.

sentryflash-1.jpgpillboxflash-1.jpg

<h3>The AK47 Is Done!</h3>

I've finished modelling the AK47 and have now passed it over to TheBeerinator for unwrapping and texturing. It came out at around 4500 polygons, which is what I was roughly aiming for. This should look pretty good in the hands of the Soviet Barracks Statue as well as in APB in the hands of the Soviet Rifle Soldier.

AK476-1.png

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

I've passed my first year of univeristy with all credits! I'm also off camping on friday :D

cfehunter has completed college now!

dtrngd is going away but will be back on monday!

danpaul88 has been setting up the new server for the website (the website is currently down at apocrising.com, but will be back shortly).

TheBeerinator has his hands full with assets to texture as well as kickstarting his own RA3 mod.

Guy with a wrench has been playing around with some of his objects and has gotten a few ingame. He has also given me a great idea for how to handle garrisoned building destruction.

The rest of the team is going to be directed soon when I get the time for a proper conflab.

<h3>OWA's Random Corner</h3>

A Running Bomb...

<center><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIsPV5abR2I&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIsPV5abR2I&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIsPV5abR2I&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></center>

Top Bombing!

<h3>Huzzah!</h3>

Finish!

Guest EVA-251

Amazing stuff.

The AK-47 looks great (should work greatly for the APB Rifleman)

And the vehicle limit...Very good that it isn't there...the chaos of a fully vehicular battlefield...its just too awesome to imagine.

Placing all those vehicles and then destorying them was a lot of fun.

The Sentry and Pillbox do look amazing!!

That AK47 is really awesome, and APB could use with an updated model.

Another awesome blog, keep it up!

Placing all those vehicles and then destorying them was a lot of fun.

The Sentry and Pillbox do look amazing!!

That AK47 is really awesome, and APB could use with an updated model.

Another awesome blog, keep it up!

Actually, that's the model that will be replacing the current AK in APB. :D The finished model looks great btw.

Actually, that's the model that will be replacing the current AK in APB. :D The finished model looks great btw.

I know both mods are sharing it, hence why I said it lol

So the vehicle limit

This means we can build over NINE THOUSSSAANND War miners?? :D

When I was building the Rhino Tanks, it was exactly like RA2 when you have multiple war factories. A few clicks and I had an instant rush!

Guest BigCheese256

meh, i favorite vehicle in AR is no longer the kirov, its now the almighty taco car! :D

(expand the pictures and look... canz j00 c t3h taco car? :p )