Blog 141 (16/07/09)

Welcome to this week's blog, a little late but hey! We have a fair bit of new stuff to get through!

<h3>Chrono Miner</h3>

Ric has been updating the Chrono Miner model ready for unwrapping. The Chrono Miner is the Allied ore gathering unit. It carries less ore than the Soviet War Miner, but can get back to base twice as quickly to dump it.

Here are a couple of images of this marvel of modern technology.

cminer37-1.jpgcminer38-1.jpg

<h3>Bomb Defusal</h3>

Since the engineers and technicians in AR carry suitcases, drills and welders we thought that it wouldn;t really make sense if they were using them to defuse bombs. To make up for this Poggel has modelled up wire cutters for each faction, so that C4 and Dynamite can be defused. Also, they may give a nasty nip to any enemies that get too close! :D

Anyway, here is a render to wet your appetites!

post-917-1247666507-1.png

<h3>War Factory</h3>

dtrngd has been working on the Soviet War Factory's interior! At the moment it is looking to be our most detailed building yet! You may be wondering why the middle of the floor has railings around it. Well, the render below is of the war factory's basement, but below that is the vehicle creation zone. We are planning to use a giant elevator to bring constructed vehicles up form the second basement, past the first basement and up to the ground floor, where they will drive out of the doors. No more creation of vehicles right in front of your very eyes.

This is going to be epic if you are standing in the first basement watching the vehicles for a tank rush going up the elevator. Kirovs are also going to be epic to watch. I feel that this war factory will probably be one of the most interactive structures in AR, which should be awesome to walk around inside.

Check it out below.

SovietWFInt-1.png

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

I was at the cinema yesterday and got back pretty late, so no blog yesterday.

It was dtrngd's birthday yesterday! Wish him a good one if you haven't already!

danpaul88 and I have gotten the website working again, check it out at http://www.apocrising.com

TheBeerinator has been doing a few things for APB but should be resuming work on the Soviet Barracks soon.

The rest of the team have been working on various things which shall be revealed next week :)

<h3>OWA's Random Corner</h3>

BRAWNDO: THE THIRST MUTILATOR!

<center><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></center>

<h3>Houston</h3>

We have a problem...

Guest BigCheese256

zomg i love the idea for the soviet war factory! :)

and ill never go near an engineer when he is armed with wire cutters! :D

Guest Trevelian

The whole concept of having the vehicles spawning in the basement and then use an elevator to get them to ground level is awesome, i like it! I really like how the soviets are shaping up with these interactive buildings and all. I think i recall something about the missile silo splitting open like it does in RA2, with ramps moving in and out of position and all, not sure though.

And Brawndo is awesome! I've heard about people using water on plants, but "i've never seen no plant grow out of no toilet!":D. Having a fifteen year old boy as the secretary of energy is just pure win.

I love the updated Chrono Miner, looks so much better!

And I am glad you guys are keeping true to your techies and engis tools, very nice work.

And the war factory... Well, what can I say.. We all knew how skilled dtrngd is.

Very epic blog guys, keep it up!

Guest theta123

hehe love the details with the way AR handles equipment with the engie/techie :D

Good job with the wire cutters!

Guest EVA-251

Not too many comments recently on the AR blogs, do you guyz not like what we show or are you on holiday?

Maybe it was the epic of the last few APB blogs that overshadowed them.

But in my case it was more laziness. I like the Chrono Miner quite a bit, and the War Factory is shaping up to be top quality.

I don't think I need to continually comment on the War Factory's appearance though, because I don't see you screwing it up any time soon; I don't even think that would be possible, its too awesome for that. :D

Edited by EVA-251

Guest r34ch

It's laziness on my part too, since I usually comment on the awesomeness behind closed doors :D

And believe me, it's awesome.