Blog 177 (21/04/10)

Welcome to Blog 177 of our fabulous mod, Apocalypse Rising for Renegade. Well, it seems that OWA is out an an epic adventure (he's at school), so I'll be taking over this blog today.

I wonder where this is heading

As for starter, I would like to explain where we are. This can be best explained by a picture.

post-2255-1272030921.png

We are there

Now, a zoom up....

post-2255-1272030550.jpg

OH NOES, IT'S OWA'S EYE

Now, all we have to do is prove that were are actually there. I will explain some basic anatomy of both the team and OWA's celestial body for this. The Most importantly thing to understand is that where one's eye is, his body must be also. Much like the body, our team is also a body and has to function together. It's kinda like this train.

post-2255-1272030949.png

This is how all English people look

Now, this picture does a few things

• Shows Cfe and OWA in their native surroundings
  • Proves that the zoomed picture is OWA
  • Doesn't show how the team works

Now, think of OWA and Cfe, pulling about 10 boxcars. Each boxcar representing one of team members. Now, we are carrying contraband. We approach stations ever few weeks that check what we have and they are definitely not called BLOGS.

post-2255-1272030973.jpg

BLOGHHHHHHH

Now, lets say that GuyWithAWrench is connected to the back of my boxcar. I'm of course carrying cars while he's carrying wrenches spanners. Now, before I pass back this fancy contraband, I've gotta gotta unwrap it. Again, this is not referring to anything that's actually going down. Since I'm Chevy and usually don't unwrap things in a timely manner, Wrenchy behind me can't do his job of painting or something like that. I simply laugh when Wrenchy or Dtrngd tell me to pass it back, cause I mean come on.

post-2255-1272030984.jpg

Painting is for kids

Because of things like these, we must stop before we hit the blogs, and are often delayed. Since we can't pass the blogs holding onto contraband. That would be silly. To note here, This blog is positively not to that.

Best wishes to the team, and once this exam season get's done, we'll be like a train running on uranium.

post-2255-1272031011.png

Not a cheap Korean knockoff

We actually did do some work.

Soviet Radar Internals

post-2255-1271882921.pngpost-2255-1271882931.png

In Soviet Russia, dtrngd shoots you

This is a result of our personal dtrngd, invest into one yourself

Chrono Miner

post-2255-1272031462.pngpost-2255-1272031586.png

If you were a real fan, you would set these as your wallpaper

Grats to Ric for the model, and dtrngd, and OWA for tweaks.

IFVs

ifvs_rc1-1.png

French vanilla is still my favorite flavor even if they added all these new ones.

Good job to everyone who worked on these....I'm thinking it was OWA and dtrngd

Grizzly and Rhino shells

post-1535-1271330187.jpg

"I thought the Allies would use more precise armour piercing rounds (eg. Sabot) and the Soviet would just wanna blow shit up, so I modeled them a HEAT round."-Kane000

I still have no idea how animals are suppose to shoot these...or load them

Team Messages

Me, unwrapping

Poggel is busy adding guns to jetpacks.

dtrngd has finished coding HOMM -10 for uni.

Occult13 is shitting on the roof (apparently).

The rest of the team is working towards the masterplan (or on their coursework).

OWA's Chev's Random Corner

I've no idea how to add a video. D:

Guest TSAR1

Damn those converted IFVs look good can't wait to test them on those pesky soviets :D

I also like combat doctrine applied to the tank shells: the Allies being surgical while the Soviets are blunt.

Keep up the good work!

*Stares at the first few lines* :D

Ooookay, so now I know what the fuck is going on, I'm impressed on how the IFV's are lookin'.

Can't wait to take a few for a "friendly" spin. :)

Regardless, glad to see you're still lurking around Chevy.

Edited by ScorchEMD

Guest ivan55599

The rest of the team is working towards the masterplan (New World Order!).

fixed.

ahh l like IFV conversions.

btw about those shells: l prefer that tank destoryer gets that left shell, and grizzly gets some "normal" lookin, not exactly same as normel, but zngrh you know

Guest BigCheese256

Occult13 is shitting on the roof (apparently).

Rofl. Chimneys rock. :)

The Chrono Miner makes me want to :):D . But for now ill just :) .

Guest AdrwIvrsn

I don't know what I read, but the intro was epic. This is probably one of the most epic blogs I've seen.

btw about those shells: l prefer that tank destoryer gets that left shell, and grizzly gets some "normal" lookin, not exactly same as normel, but zngrh you know

No modern tank, be it Western or Russian based, shoots "normal" looking shells anymore. In fact, if you wanted to give the Grizzly a HEAT round like the Rhino, your round would look like this:

http://www.inetres.com/gp/military/cv/weap...0_HEAT-MP-T.png :D

Yes, the tank destroyer in the rules.ini did say it's projectile was a sabot, but all tanks use that regularly. Let's just say it gets a special (muthaf**kin' big) round. And although the Soviets also used fin stablized rounds since the 1960s, Westwood just wanted to be silly with RA2 and have the Soviets just get WWII-1950s technology.

... anyways to finish my realism rant, does this mean that the Grizzly will have a very low to no explosive, but highly accurate and quick accelerating projectile, as opposed to the Rhino's inaccurate but high explosive round?

Guest Rufrky

The chronominer looking good, but I think i would much rather have the Soviet War miner as a wallpaper though, :)

Keep up the good work. :D

Guest Stormweaver

I don't know about you guys, but all I got is that OWA's train has been loading a suspect green herb instead of coal :| amirite?

IFVs look epic though...damn i need to get this internet sorted :D

Till next time people.

Guest psych787

The Sabot may need some adjustment if that's a model for in-flight use.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabot

The sabot actually just falls away in flight. Its main purpose is just to form a seal with the cannon barrel so the "arrow" can apply all its force to a much smaller surface area.

Cool idea though. I love that the Allies get the precision stuff while the Soviets take a "smoking crater" approach!

Guest AdrwIvrsn

It's probably there in the picture to show us it's an APFSDS round as opposed to, say, a rocket. It's probably going to be just a dart or a dart wrapped in a tracer light in-game.

... At least I hope. I don't want to see flying push-pins of munition malfunctions! :D