AR :: December 2012 Update

In the first release there won't be any Soviet air units so it has nothing to shoot...

What about V3 Rockets? Hijacked Nighthawks?

Eh, never mind. How this will affect gameplay, well....

Time will tell. Sooner or later. Time will tell.

Alright, thanks for the clarification.

But I also noticed that the Patriot Missile defense is ommited from the planned structure list. Is that just a typo, or is there a reason for this? I'm pretty sure that, between V3s, Paradrops, Siege Choppers (if they appear as a crate unit), and hijacked Nighthawks, the Allies will need a good AA defense.

We've had trouble trying to get V3 Missiles to become targetable. It might not feature due to engine limitations. If the Soviets steal a Nighthawk, the Allies have IFVs and GGIs that'll do the job.

I also meant overall buildlings, like are you mitting Battle Labs, Nuclear Reactors, Construction Yards, etc.? I mean overall in the AR, wether in this release or the upcoming ones.

We're planning on adding every teamed structure that was in RA2... eventually.

Guest APB_ICE

Even the APB system is flawed. I still like the rebuildable defenses idea, though since APB is doing fine without it, trying to make it work can wait.

Rebuildable basic defences (Pillbox and Flame Tower ONLY, NO Tesla Coils or Gap Gen's) would be great in APB, as long as they require a Construction Yard and aren't insta-built (They should take a minute or 2 to build).

Even the APB system is flawed. I still like the rebuildable defenses idea, though since APB is doing fine without it, trying to make it work can wait.

Rebuildable basic defences (Pillbox and Flame Tower ONLY, NO Tesla Coils or Gap Gen's) would be great in APB, as long as they require a Construction Yard and aren't insta-built (They should take a minute or 2 to build).

Well, of course. This would translate into Sentry Guns/Pillboxes in AR, and Lasers/Component Towers in Reborn, if implemented.

We've had trouble trying to get V3 Missiles to become targetable.

Well, could you make vehicle explosions do damage to whatever is in the immediate vicinity, like a Demo Truck does? If so, you could make the V3 a vehicle entity targetable by AA defenses, then have it travel along a set arc that starts at the launcher itself and ends at the target? I don't know how to speak code, but you get the idea.

Guest Retaliation

But I also noticed that the Patriot Missile defense is ommited from the planned structure list. Is that just a typo, or is there a reason for this? I'm pretty sure that, between V3s, Paradrops, Siege Choppers (if they appear as a crate unit), and hijacked Nighthawks, the Allies will need a good AA defense.

We've had trouble trying to get V3 Missiles to become targetable. It might not feature due to engine limitations. If the Soviets steal a Nighthawk, the Allies have IFVs and GGIs that'll do the job.

A shame :(. I always felt that the ability to shoot down v3 rockets was a critical balancing tool to make up for their cheap cost and low tech compared to the prism tank. I take it TT didn't have a solution either?

A shame :(. I always felt that the ability to shoot down v3 rockets was a critical balancing tool to make up for their cheap cost and low tech compared to the prism tank. I take it TT didn't have a solution either?

The solution is epic hard time at aiming with the V3 and reduced damage on the explosion

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Generalcamo

Well, it is february already. I would rather wait, then get it now. I would love there to be a mod with a "regular" schedule for releasing blogs again.