Launcher not working + Unable to Direct Connect to servers

Loki
Go to solution Solved by Silverlight,

As the topic title implies, I'm unable to get the W3D Launcher working.

It gets to "Updating main application data..." before returning a "Failed to download applications list from W3D Hub backend".

Looking through errors.log I get the following:

--------------------------------------------------
2016/1/16 6:30:54
Application version: 0.7.0.2 W3D Hub Launcher.exe
An exception of type System.Net.WebException occurred.
Inner Exception (System.Net.Sockets.SocketException) A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 5.196.140.46:443
Stack Trace;
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
2016/1/16 6:30:54
An exception of type System.Exception occurred.
Stack Trace;
2016/1/16 6:31:15
An exception of type System.Net.WebException occurred.
Inner Exception (System.Net.Sockets.SocketException) A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 5.196.140.46:443
Stack Trace;
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)

...The log file goes on longer, but it's the same error from repeated attempts at getting it to work (though I'll attach it here) anyway. Additionally, I appear to also be having problems connecting to W3D's APB servers with direct connect, consistently receiving a "Connection with Server has been broken, please exit" when I try. Anyone able to help with regard to this?

errors.log

Hmm, there's an old name :) Assuming you are ofcourse the same Loki that i remember from earlier APB days.

Thanks for the errors.log upload. I'm no expert by any means, but the log mentions a system.net.webexception error, which I believe suggests an issue with the launcher accessing the internet. I'll let danpaul88 give a proper answer, but in the meantime, you might check your firewall and UAC settings for this program. Try right click -> run as administrator just to see if it makes a difference.

Thanks for posting the issue and we'll do what we can to help you make it work!

You'd be correct that it's the same one :p. And I've given it all a shot, but no dice sadly. I'll try again later though, maybe reboot the router once or twice, at least until someone else manages to take a look.

That's the thing. I suspected that off the bat, and turned off my firewall altogether. No dice. Also did the same for the direct connect to APB, also no go.

Also Silverlight, I'll get those unfiltered logs to you now.