APB Delta Map Balance

Pushwall

There is small issue with Stormy valley tho, soviets can still use V2's to destroy pillbox and AA gun close to infantry only passage.

A small reduction in V2's straight-shot range should help with this in addition to making it less overpowering on some other maps like Guard Duty; it already noticeably outranges its targeting range anyway which it shouldn't, whereas artillery tends to fall short (they both share the same targeting range and the V2's arc-shot has the same physics as artillery shots).

Guess i will have to get use to V2 straight shot again :x

Its arc is not changing in the slightest so there's nothing to "get used to" besides expecting to need to see the target box before you can hit, which is already the case with almost every other weapon.

When remaking Stormy Valley I specifically put a 225m sphere around the bar pillbox to make sure the blockers were in the right place to stop v2s hitting it, that's its targeting range and what its range is supposed to be.

Then how about this: Include 2 copies of Complex, one with tier 3 and other kept without tier changes and make players play on Tier 3 version for couple of games, then gather feedback. In case if changes will not be any better, we could easily revert this by replacing tier 3 complex with normal one in rotation.

Tier changes are the easiest thing in the world (unless you're making "custom" tiers and then it's just an annoyance to keep them updated) and the new map rotation system seems to have issues with multiple similarly named maps (like CamosCanyon and CamosCanyon_Bots) so having HT/LT variations of Complex... yeah. I can always get a mini-patch pushed to revert Complex to T5inf/T4veh if it's that big of a problem.

Every time I see them play they are using mine layers and mining everywhere. You're assuming this is Gamma where the only reliable way to deal with mines in a place without the height clearance to launch V2s is to just plough through them - plus the darker ground in the tunnels compared to most other battlefields makes it easier to spot mines there.

I still think that the Allied defenses fold a little too easily. I think replacing the Allied War Factory Pillbox with a Turret would do nicely.

There's a problem turrets are crappy against shocks and most bunny hopping infantry. (Not to mention have issues with curved hills and blind spots)

But I get your point, when a single mammoth can plow through two pillboxes.

Maybe Camo Pillbox? LoL

Edited by Raptor29aa