Hind Vs Longbow balance

Right now the Hind feels insanely powerful in comparison to the longbow. It gets more health, it has more range, it has more ammo so it can loiter longer. It shreds all allied ground vehicles like wet toilet paper, and on top of it all, it it can drop its entire load on a building it knocks the health down to 25%, and it can solo kill any allied defense with ammo to spare. Three hinds can shred a major building faster than the allies can really respond, and then move on to destroy a second one. In comparison, three allied longbows wouldn't even finish off one building.

Honestly, it brings to mind the old 1.2.0 Longbow, which was infamous (especially on Ridge War) for doing what the Hind can do now - nearly guarantee a building destruction unless the defenders had an engie sitting at the MCT before the longbows started their attack. It wasn't fun, and it's a lot of why longbows got given more rockets to slow down their damage a bit, if memory serves.

Edited by SarahNautili

In comparison, three allied longbows wouldn't even finish off one building.

They can if at least one of them has a rocket soldier and jumps out to finish the job, in much less time than it takes for 3 hinds.

"Loitering longer" is a bad thing when you're just unloading everything on one target because it means the enemy has more time to destroy you before you've used all your ammo.

In any case the Longbow's already been given a minor buff for next version, doubled projectile velocity, because I noticed it has a lot of trouble hitting moving objects on the edge of its range.

The new patch is already waiting to be pushed so I can't add anything else without forcing another massive upload.

In comparison, three allied longbows wouldn't even finish off one building.

"Loitering longer" is a bad thing when you're just unloading everything on one target because it means the enemy has more time to destroy you before you've used all your ammo.

yeah but with multiple hinds you don't even have to use the majority of your ammo. Literally less than half with 3 hinds on one building.

but fair enough wrt patch already ready, we'll see how it is after that patch.

Edited by SarahNautili

Hind has low hp (can easily be taken down by RedEye SAMs and AA batteries) and having lots of ammo is intended because that's what gunships are for.

Umm, the Hind has more HP than the longbow. 300/300 to 225/225.

Well since there's been some delays getting the patch out I decided it would be a better use of my time to cram more fixes into it instead of repeatedly explaining things that I've already explained to certain people. So in addition to most of that stuff you put up on the bug tracker, and some other things, here's something I've done that's relevant to the thread: next patch hinds are getting a 20% damage reduction to main buildings (this may sound a lot but it still leaves them killing buildings considerably faster than in Nuclear Winter where I remember a LOT of stronk hind rushes) and longbows are dealing 90 damage per rocket to heavy vehicles instead of 80.