CNCNZ.com [is NOT] shutting down

2 minutes ago, Plokite_Wolf said:

I'm also on Firefox 53.0.3, but the only way I can replicate this is by adding HTTPS in the URL (which we do not yet have).

Here's a screencap. What I did was type in 'cncnz.com' into my address bar, then clicked on the Forums button. Since Firefox doesn't show http or https prior the URL, I manually typed in http and got the same result.

ssl.png

2 minutes ago, Plokite_Wolf said:

Oh, that.

That's a more recent addition to Firefox, it says so for all non-HTTPS websites.

I'll leave the rest to @Raap then, as he may be referring to something else entirely.

On another note, I noticed on the home page, particularly under the C&C Mobile Games dropdown, that you have "Download on the iTunes Store" buttons for C&C Red Alert for iPhone and iPad. Not only are these games one and the same (you could do with a 'for iOS' page and merge the two), but they are also defunct. EA pulled them from the App Store, and so those buttons redirect to the iTunes home page and nothing more.

Just now, Jeod said:

On another note, I noticed on the home page, particularly under the C&C Mobile Games dropdown, that you have "Download on the iTunes Store" buttons for C&C Red Alert for iPhone and iPad. Not only are these games one and the same (you could do with a 'for iOS' page and merge the two), but they are also defunct. EA pulled them from the App Store, and so those buttons redirect to the iTunes home page and nothing more.

Thanks for reporting, I'll be going through the individual game portals soonish anyway.

12 hours ago, Plokite_Wolf said:

Which browser, and can you provide a screenshot?

We don't have an SSL certificate (yet), so that might be the culprit for some.

Well, since you asked for a screenshot, here you go!

8Qai6fd.png

But since you probably don't speak Dutch, what it says is that the connection isn't private, and potential attackers may wish to steal information. The browser used is Chrome, in case that wasn't clear from the picture.

The first time I hit your website I also got a popup of a similar sort, but a reflex reaction of mine closed it immediately (I get pop-up warnings pretty regularly usually regarding websites asking permission from me to do things). I haven't gotten that since, but it very likely was about the same problem.