[GAME OVER] Warhammer 40,000 Mafia 3: On the Edge of Precipice

Retaliation
Message added by Retaliation,

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

Sure wish I could do more cuz my scumdar is really going off on Shade. Orange not so much but it's hard to say he's not scummy when he's jumping over the moon to defend Shade and provide rebuttals for him.

It's not so much defending Shade but trying to decide how charitable I want to be in my estimation of your intelligence.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

It's not so much defending Shade but trying to decide how charitable I want to be in my estimation of your intelligence.

Really Shade's alignment is not a function of whatever temper tantrum you've been throwing.

Attacking one's intelligence is a hallmark of guilt (opposed to attacking the argument). The obvious logical path is that Shade is not town given the content of my own PM.

3 minutes ago, Jeod said:

About that: My PM says I'm blue (traditionally town) and that the IRS (red) are the bad guys. Not exactly confusing material.

Well, maybe you got luckier with your flavor text then in what your relation to the IRS then, but generally you're aligned with the named faction in your PM.

Just now, Jeod said:

Attacking one's intelligence is a hallmark of guilt (opposed to attacking the argument). The obvious logical path is that Shade is not town given the content of my own PM.

I'm not attacking you, I'm merely warning you if your pulling a gambit it better be a good one.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

Well, maybe you got luckier with your flavor text then in what your relation to the IRS then, but generally you're aligned with the named faction in your PM.

TBH I was about to argue but this actually makes sense, even if I didn't get confused :p

3 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

TBH I was about to argue but this actually makes sense, even if I didn't get confused :p

The IRS is providing me with an opportunity to hone my skills, apparently by giving me a chance to kill them all, instead of hiring me out or anything like that.

17 hours ago, Retaliation said:

I've gotten a couple of PMs about this, if your flavor is what tells you your alignment so if it's blue you're town aligned (and red is scum and so on). 

17 hours ago, Shade939 said:

Or more specifically, it's based on what your character name is, so you are a Space Marine vs. Space Marine

And then obviously if you don't have access to the Scum Doc to communicate with the other Scum members, then you're not Mafia.

It's simple, the timing of these posts is suspicious. I have no 40k knowledge, so I don't know what my "flavor" means.  However, my PM clearly tells me that I'm town (because blue, for one) and that the IRS (red, so bad guys) are "heretik invaders". Obviously, I see absolutely no way to get confused, even if my flavor were questionable from a lore standpoint. A monkey would be able to figure it out.

We have no new mafia players this time, so clearly the train of thought goes to "why would shade feel the need to clarify in response to the GM's post". The result is that Shade isn't town.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

It's simple, the timing of these posts is suspicious. I have no 40k knowledge, so I don't know what my "flavor" means.  However, my PM clearly tells me that I'm town (because blue, for one) and that the IRS (red, so bad guys) are "heretik invaders". Obviously, I see absolutely no way to get confused, even if my flavor were questionable from a lore standpoint. A monkey would be able to figure it out.

We have no new mafia players this time, so clearly the train of thought goes to "why would shade feel the need to clarify in response to the GM's post". The result is that Shade isn't town.

TBH my PM lists my flavor faction in normal text and only tells my alignment by highlighting my unit name in the correct color.

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

TBH my PM lists my flavor faction in normal text and only tells my alignment by highlighting my unit name in the correct color.

Mine does as well. That's why I didn't pay any attention to the flavor part. It has no standing in terms of alignment or objective, at least for normal players.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

Mine does as well. That's why I didn't pay any attention to the flavor part. It has no standing in terms of alignment or objective, at least for normal players.

Some people obsess over flavor.  Ironically by taking this path you have more in common with Shade than you're probably comfortable admitting.

Ironically I kinda want to shoot Shade and have him flip town just so you can respond to it.  :v

If he did flip town I would just call him stupid for being confused about his alignment.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

Actually, you should go with, do you have Shade's role PM so you know what it says?

Are you not someone who's an utter bellend over making insignificant lore details matter when they don't?

3 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Are you not someone who's an utter bellend over making insignificant lore details matter when they don't?

Like what weapons, armor, saving throws your character has based on what stats they have in lore?