• ZidarValley (Domination)
  2. 2. What's your least favorite map?

• ClifftopPass (Conquest)
    • HaggaGulch (Conquest)
    • SihayaRidge (Conquest)
    • TsimpoVillage (Conquest)
    • LonelyRoad (AOW)
    • ZidarValley (Domination)

Hey all! BfD's been out the door for a while, and on the heels of the game night last night, we figured we'd gauge your feelings on the maps! So tell us, what's your favorite map? How about your least favorite? Please vote and leave a comment explaining your choices!

For me, the question of maps in BfD:WoA is not only a question about the game maps themselves, but also about the game modes.

I'll start with the ZidarValley map and, consequently, the Domination game mode. This is my favorite map in the whole game because it gives you a very nice variety of gameplay: you can go to capture the point, you can go to fix the mayhem on the enemy base. The same variety opens a new level of team play: you can, for example, distract the enemy, capturing his points, while 2 or even 1 man from the team will go to harass the enemy's barracks. And it's cool. And the map Zidar Valley with its many opportunities to bypass the enemy, sit and wait for him to come to a certain  strategic point, exactly as the possibility of stupid rush to the front through the edge of this "hill", it is perfectly combined with the mode Domination. My verdict: It's unfair that this is the only map of this game mode - Domination deserves more.

Literally the opposite is the case with my attitude towards the LonelyRoad map and, accordingly, with the classic Renegade's "destroy the enemy base" mode. Both the mode (gameplay-wise) and the map are bad. Map literally made in the form of the letter "H", with, for example, I did not immediately recognize this isthmus in the middle. Map structure is easy and predictable and it's not good. When one of the teams are going to attack - the enemy always knows where to expect the attack because there are only TWO entrances at the bases, even this same isthmus does not give the required effect of surprise. Why is it needed? Because otherwise the enemy just unpack the Levenbenchers'es supply boxex, prepare and- voila, you got a bloodbath, and therefore the burning asses of the attacking team players (excuse me, of course, but just remebering it already heats me up the anger and frustration). But that's the map - the mode itself doesn't work here either. The reason for this is much simpler - obly one building to destroy (yea, i didn't say about "no vehicles", are u suprised?)). In normal Renegade to win you need to kill the enemy: Barracks, Refinery, War Plant, and possibly Radar. LonelyRoad has only Barracks. Bottom line - get the Barracks rush by topless players for starting (free) classes, followed by Mainframe Barracks sabotaging units. If the player is skilled - he can easily harass barracks solo, just mined the stairs to the second floor as Engie (where Mainframe are placed). And yes - note that in Domination this feature is not as frustrating as here, because there it is NOT the ONLY way to win, just one of them. My verdict: AOW Gamemode just isn't working in current game, but it will work like it's working it APB or TR - we just need new maps for it with reworked structure and new buildings to destroy. And maybe vehicles too :awesome:

In short - my ass with LonelyRoad (AOW) burns and burns badly. Exactly as much as the drooling from the Domination Perspective. Thank you for your attention, this was Igor the Bylarge.

P.S.: Excuse me if I was a little too emotional when i was talking about LonelyRoad, just my personal frustrating experience.

Edited by Igor The Bylarge

• 2 months later...

I like all of the maps in the game. Some are nicer than others which is why I picked Zidar as my least favorite. The game being the way it is, you will have a lot of people run around and decap points you just captured, no one really stays in place to camp(besides the one or two snipers on the map but they won't be able to cover the points).

The one I like the most is definitely Simp(o) Village :awesome:, decent size so you don't have to waste half the map time on just running around to cap and decap, longer range for people who prefer that, close ranges for people who prefer that instead, no side has a bigger advantage over the other which makes it a really balanced map, and no buildings for people to tryhard and cheese a win then ruin the match.

That can't really be said about Zidar where not only you have a base to defend but points to capture and hold as well, so you will eventually have people that go for building and silo kills to score a quick win and that sometimes ends up with people leaving.

I don't get why so many dislike Lonely Road, it's an extremely nice map that's just about shooting at enemies and trying to blow up their buildings without having areas to capture to turn into a Zidar match where everyone aimlessly runs around. Besides it's the only AoW map in the game currently so you get to enjoy the match for more than usual.