Blog 23 (03/04/07)

It's that time of the week again, time for the Apocalypse Rising Dev Blog! Not much has been happening since the release of C&C3, but we have some older stuff which you may or may not have seen.

<h3>Repair that Tank!</h3>

The Allied Service Depot powerfully augments your armored forces. Due to the many expensive components built into modern vehicles, repairing a damaged vehicle is unquestionably more cost-effective than building a new one. Moving a damaged vehicle onto the Service Depot commences repair operations. Reparing damaged vehicles costs credits, with the cost depending on the severity of the damage to your vehicle.

rep03.jpg

Here is the model by, our friendly neighbourhood model artist, Ric.

<h3>Build that Base!</h3>

Allied Mobile Construction Vehicles are very important units in a tank division. They provide the building materials and foundations for a Construction Yard, the center of any base. If taken out, it means the Allies cant reconstruct or repair their building until another MCV has been delivered. We are unsure how this unit will funtion as of yet. But you'll see it feature somewhere.

AlliedMCV.jpg

Model by Ric.

Note: This model will be dieted severely because it is over our polygon threshhold. I just wanted to show you this because it looks damn sweet :)

<h3>Decorate that Map!</h3>

Here we have various map decorations for you to see. :) These will be given out to mappers when we release our map pack and Level Edit build for the mod, included in Level Edit as decorations.

The Ore Extractor helps to extract more ore. more ore means more money, so both the Allies and Soviets love these on their ore fields.

orething.jpg

(Model by Ric)

The roadway with street lighting helps units to move directly. Not many Soviets pay attention to the speed limit, weight limit or which side of the road they drive. If you see any of them, be sure to contact the Metropolitan Police Force so they can conviscate their vodka...... and their tank licenses.

lampposts.jpg

(Model by Ric)

When the Soviets come to town, they mean buisness. They take pride in capturing American Monuments and making them into battle bases by garrisoning them. Just like this place. :)

SovietsMonument.jpg

(Model by Svensmokavich)

In fact, it frightens all the monkeys away... :D

Finally we have the docks that at Fort Bradley, where Tanya destroyed the Soviet Base and but a bullet through the gut of the Soviet invasion.

FortyDocks.jpg

(Models by Svensmokavich)

<h3>End that Blog!</h3>

Well that is the end of this weeks blog. I have shown you things this week that I only stumbled upon recently. Even the team haven't seen some of this stuff.

Try and find the Easter Eggs!!! Due to popular demand! First easter egg by me, the rest are by Svensmokavich. There are 3 in total, happy hunting.

See you all next week for some more news for the only RA2 -> FPS conversion still standing.

I don't think it will unless I toy around a bit and find a way for what Cfehunter wants...

Where is cfehunter anyway. I hope he doesn't force me to consider mutiny again.

Guest Westy543

FINISH THAT MOD!

This is awesome, I can't wait to play it. :D

Who can? :)

^5 at the last Easter Egg. I will be using that on ALL of my fan maps (if any). Will it have an interior?

Who can? :D

^5 at the last Easter Egg. I will be using that on ALL of my fan maps (if any). Will it have an interior?

It will have an interior and and maybe even some Ai monkeys with bananaguns at the counter.

Guest fluke01

I was bored once and sent my Yuri's out to mind control monkies, it worked I got 4! I sent them to enemy base and have yet to hear from them again...

*Note* I lost a yuri in the process, it is still unknown whether a croc did it, or if a monkey actually went (Dare I say it) ape on him. :):):):D

Will you guys Model the hospitals or the oil yards?

If so will they be implimanted?

Both will be in, both will be capturable by engineers. The oil derrick has already been shown, the hospital needs a model. The oil derrick will give you a credits bonus followed by a constant flow of credits whilst the hostpital will heal infantry somehow. I don't have the details yet.

Guest Freak

Both will be in, both will be capturable by engineers. The oil derrick has already been shown, the hospital needs a model. The oil derrick will give you a credits bonus followed by a constant flow of credits whilst the hostpital will heal infantry somehow. I don't have the details yet.

How will engineers capture buildings? Do you have it set up yet?

Also, couldn't you use the same kind of thing that is used for a Service Depot and apply it to the hospitals?

Guest fluke01

I don't think someones going to go into a hospital to regen when they can get instant refill at base, perhaps a slow regen rate when out of combat? Is that possible? Will there be fuzzy animals that will go insane and maul you in jungle/river/forest maps? And finally an idea fo MCV, it can rebuild a dead structure (Sorta like the eng in APB only a vech... and even if the building dead...and it costs alot...and it blows up after use...I am forseeing massive War Factory whoring... :D )

I don't think someones going to go into a hospital to regen when they can get instant refill at base, perhaps a slow regen rate when out of combat? Is that possible?

I like the Healing idea thats how it is in Yuri's revenge. The red alert 2 way was not good as you had to put 1 unit in at a time which is boring.

oh yeah nice models.

Hooray for Tuesday!!

[edit] I seem to recall several months ago when this mod was announced, several people said it sucked and that it would not succeed. Well I say to you take THAT and shove it in your pipe* and smoke it!!!! *pronounced ass [/edit]

Guest cuddling

Good job guys, now release a beta already! :p

QUICK QUICK QUICK

PS. Is there any other way of hiding the easter eggs? :D they're sort of getting too easy to find

Guest Evil Alex

Very good blog and yes, McKong Burger just isn't the same without the good ol' Monkey on top of the building but I understand, it may take time to model the Monkey part of it and I understand that, great blog, I found all 3 Easter eggs, good work AR team, keep up the good work and good luck!! :D

awesome stuff AR team! McBurger Kong <3 oh and what would be really cool to see is: when you enter a civilian building with infantry, red/blue flags and barbed wire would be created around the building respectivly

How will engineers capture buildings? Do you have it set up yet?

Also, couldn't you use the same kind of thing that is used for a Service Depot and apply it to the hospitals?

We are thinking about using the Yuri's Revenge method here, when infantry heal slowly over time.

I don't think someones going to go into a hospital to regen when they can get instant refill at base, perhaps a slow regen rate when out of combat? Is that possible? Will there be fuzzy animals that will go insane and maul you in jungle/river/forest maps? And finally an idea fo MCV, it can rebuild a dead structure (Sorta like the eng in APB only a vech... and even if the building dead...and it costs alot...and it blows up after use...I am forseeing massive War Factory whoring... :D )

There will eventully be fuzzy animals. Monkeys, camels, polar bears and the like. It is still up in the air on how the MCV will work.

Hooray for Tuesday!!

[edit] I seem to recall several months ago when this mod was announced, several people said it sucked and that it would not succeed. Well I say to you take THAT and shove it in your pipe* and smoke it!!!! *pronounced ass [/edit]

Indeed, nothing can stop us from making this mod. Myeslf, Merovingian cfehunter, Ric, danpaul88, nameme99, Chevy787 and the rest of the team are all dedicated fanatics to the cause :)

Second easter egg is awesome.

Good job guys, now release a beta already! :p

We'll probably request some texturing help shortly since Soviet_Deso and AxelSnog are very busy guys. We are sorted for buildings though. Rest assured drunkill, you may be playing the first release publically around December/January time providing everything goes to plan.

Guest Freak

You should defenetly use the Yuri's Revenge method of hospitals. If anything goes wrong though, you could just make it so that inside it is a refill PT, kinda like the Longbow or Subs in Renalert, just only a refill...

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

Found the Easter eggs pretty easy, can't you hide them a bit better next time? that method is old already.

:D thought about a few things wheile reading the thread, but now I forgot them :)

but yeah awesome models