Blog 35 (27/06/07)

Guest TruYuri

True, but I thought that the AI was beefied-up, good, clever AI.

The AI, at least for the Apocalypse Tank, in it's current state, is retarded.

Excellent pictures, it must be cool to test drive those new tanks, although they still need textures.

By the way kudos to MartynM's Boss of the month for it's the giant Robot from C&C TS firestorm expansion.

Guest sadukar09

uhh isnt the mirage tank suppose to shoot phosphorus shells that travel instantly?

nice blog :D i wonder why i never get first post :)

Guest DXR_13KE

it would be better that the mirage tank could use the model of the most nearby tree, this way if it is in a forest of a certain kind of tree it will not appear as another tree that is in another part of the map, either that or mix the trees in the maps or randomize them, including lonely trees, so that it is more difficult to memorize the trees and easily find the mirage tank.

either that or mix the trees in the maps or randomize them, including lonely trees, so that it is more difficult to memorize the trees and easily find the mirage tank.

Stop spying on our ideas!:D

This is actually something we were intending to do anyway, as it becomes too easy to remember where trees are otherwise.

The mirage tank will have a random selection of 3 disguises per map (assigned in the parameters of the game controller for that map) which fit in with the themes for that map, and they are not technically limited to trees :)

Yes, the mirage tank can be disguised as a rock. In fact, with the latest changes it can technically be disguised as ANY preset in the preset tree.... so theoretically it could disguise itself as a building interior... although I don't think they would be very stealthy xD

Also, the size of the disguise has no effect on what you can actually shoot at, even if the mirage is disguised as a pebble 1/100 of the size of the tank, you will still damage the tank by shooting where it *actually* is (Since its a mirage and NOT really changing shape). Also, shooting the tank will bring it out of mirage mode (even when shot by a unit on the same team.... worth of a !n00b if someone deliberately reveals your tank to the enemy of course... )

Guest Allie29

I'm assuming when it disguises itself, it will be a sort of "stealth" effect? (aka the target box wont come up.)

We believe the turret not moving was an engine limitation rather than a design feature, and therefore have opted for the rotating turret. Besides, what kind of self respecting tank can't turn its turret to aim at stuff?xD

Guest Nod Soldier(BmLlK)

*me confused*

OWA...

Can't you post the pictures of this units from the RA"2 Install for reference???

I've a strange feeling that your Rhino was actually the Grizzly... :)

:D

*me confused*

OWA...

Can't you post the pictures of this units from the RA"2 Install for reference???

I've a strange feeling that your Rhino was actually the Grizzly... :)

:D

Haha, even I fell for that trick. Westwood Studios/EA screwed up that particular install image.

Guest cuddling

How about just restricting the angles for the turrets? It'll still force the mirage tank to move to aim at the vehicle but still fireble