Blog 44 (29/08/07)

Welcome to this week's blog. Just the usual stuff to get through :D

<h3>RA2_Iceland</h3>

dtrngd's new map is shaping up to be good as he hits on into the texturing phase. We have two new screenshots to show you along with a video of our friend, Sergei the Frostcript. WIP shots are taken in APB.

44_1-1.png44_2-1.png

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="

http://i153.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid153.photobucket.com/albums/s206/dtrngd/Sergei.flv"></embed>

<h3>Model Updates</h3>

rm5248 has finished model work on the Portable Flak Cannon for the Flak Trooper. This operates as follows: Primary fire will be a lobbed ball of flak that will tear through infantry and have some minor splash damage to go with it. Secondary fire will be a straight shot that will only be able to hurt aircraft armour and the special armour type we are giving to rocketeers.

Killa recently contacted me and asked if he could do some freelance work for us. I agreed and got him working on the Iron Curtain as a first model for us. The first WIP is below.

IC_wip1-1.jpg

<h3>Input required</h3>

We would like your input on something concerning Apocalypse Rising and the Soviet Side.

Should we give the Soviets the Cosmonaught infantry in the normal game modes as well as a special moon map (if we do one)?

The Cosmonaught was basically a rocketeer with a high powered laser that cost around 1000 credits to build. He was only on the penultimate soviet mission in Yuri's Revenge.

Concept 1

Concept 2

We'd like to hear your thoughts on this matter.

<h3>Team News</h3>

Me and cfehunter are off camping with friends on friday until sunday :) I had friends camping at my place on Sunday til Monday. Here is a picture. AMG I'm in my dressing gown :)

We have a new team member. Alex has joined us as a texture artist, he has experience in making HUD graphics so expect to see some cool HUD textures soon :)

Merovingian reinstalled windows XP and will be working on the Soviet Refinery once he gets the model from lazy OWA.

I've been rigging things for APB and have now started working on a load of fun extras for you to find. My girlfriend also got a new computer so I'll make sure to get her playing APB soon :)

danpaul88 has been working on the standalone build, but it has hit a dead end whilst waiting for assets. The Vengeance files will fill up that gap and we should have a build to the testers soon afterwards.

TheKGBspy is an awesome guy

We are looking into some crossovers with APB. I won't give the game away but I'll give on example. When you capture a Tech Lab you may get an APB unit/infantry as your bonus unit.

Apocalypse Rising is going really well and it's not only thanks to us, but it is thanks to you, the fans, for supporting us and making all this worth doing. We have found our niche in the Renegade Mod Market and we will make it spectacular.

<h3>!gameover NOW</h3>

Thats all for this week, se you next week for more Apocalypse Rising funfunjoyjoys™!

omfg i thought there was none of that first post crap?

Cool ss's of the new map, and rofl at the snowman :D , love the iron curtain.

OMFG at those Cosmonaughts, pwnage, they should defo be in there!!!!

great blog guys :)

Guest ElectroBS

No on standard maps, but yes on the moon maps, as stated before makes no sense on the "earth" maps. Great blog though.. lol @ snowman

Looking good. I'd have to vote no for the cosmonauts, for the same reasons as others, not on normal maps, perhaps if theres a m00n map sometime later (ask battlelaf for m00n pictures :v)

And the iron curtain probably has to be optimized, by the looks of it, still good though.