Blog 78 (23/04/08)

Welcome to this week's blog. Nothing much has been done this week since it's getting into exam time. My coursework ends on friday, so I can chill out on the weekend and play Mario Kart Wii :)

<h3>Flak Track</h3>

TheBeerinator has been working on the Flak Track texture. You would have seen the description and video with the functions in a previous blog, so I won't repeat myself. I want to stay fresh here :D

Here we go. Four nice camos and a cool rear view of the forest variant.

wipns1.jpgtrackstq3.jpg

<h3>Incredibly Cool Stuff</h3>

I got a program that can make 3d models using jpeg images, cool huh? Well, I put in an image of Kari Wuhrer to create a realistic Tanya head and it came out pretty well. (This was just a test. I'll find a better picture for when I come to make Tanya for real). See for yourself.

Kari-1.png

I also remade the Guardian GI's head to look more like the beefy steamrolling badass that he is.

GGI-2.png

This will be great for making 3d versions of the characters from RA2 (providing that the images are good enough). Yuri is going to be fun to make when I get around to it.

If you want to actualy be featured in AR or APB, send me a picture of you looking straight at the camera with a blank look on your face. A.K.A: a mugshot. (You cannot be wearing glasses and you must tie back long hair if you have it. This will yield the best results).

Post them to the usual inbox; mine!

<h3>Website</h3>

We aim to have the website up soon! Yes! Finally!

The database has been setup courtesy of Blazer and Tankmaster has sent me the website ready to upload. (Big thanks to you both!)

All that needs doing is a little configuration, then Coolrock can go ahead and buy the domain that we plan to use.

I'll spend a day sticking some cool content up on the site as a present for you guys; since you have waited so patiently.

The time is upon us! Let the Apocalypse Rise!

<h3>Competition</h3>

The AR icon competition ends in 7 days! If you have an entry that you are going to submit, don't leave it til the last minute to enter!

All of the details can be found over at the thread here.

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

I've been finishing my coursework off. Hand-in date is on monday but I'm going to get it completed for friday so I get the weekend to sleep and play Mario Kart Wii (which I'm getting tomorrow). I'm also getting a wireless router for my PC so that I can get my Wii online. I'll put up my friend code when I get it. My console name is "Shoop" at the moment. I need to think of a better name :)

I found this picture of me and Pete from back in the Blazemods days before college. We were young and free back then, where did it all go wrong? :)

TheBeerinator has a lot of real life stuff to attend to, so he'll be taking a break. I'll be summoning the foxmeister (or Merovingian as you know him) to do some building interiors for us. He may be ready to come back from his short break now.

danpaul88 and BogdanV are bashing their e-noggins together to try and figure out shootable projectiles. It is possible, but not without sacrifice.

<h3>And I did it myyyyy waaaaaaay!</h3>

I'm cutting the community support and project of the week sections for this blog, since I'm just too damn tired to finish this blog. They shall return next week unless you guys actually want them axed anyway.

It's 3 am and I need sleep...

Guest MuadDib15

Nais blog. Took long enough though, I've been waitng since 7pm for this blog.

I have a Polish/Russian/Eastern European background, so I think if it suits you, I might be able to be a face model for soviets.

EDIT: I'm only 16 so I don't know the effectiveness of this unless (hint hint) the soviets have started conscripting 16 year olds and they don't have bing enough helmets.

Edited by MuadDib15

Can you make other body parts as well? Like hands or arms. It would be sweet to have realistic looking models at last. Anyway if you're looking for a guy with beard or whiskers I can provide you one :p

Flak track is awesome, just wonder why the blue camo instead of more dark :p Hmm and the forest variant link doesn't work for me.

Edited by VERTi60

Nais blog. Took long enough though, I've been waitng since 7pm for this blog.

Boo fucking hoo. I was up til 3am doing this blog and this is the thanks I get. Right...

I've had 4 hours sleep because I decided to finish the blog so don't get like that.

Guest nimbus

Hehe. Those heads must have cryengine 2 poly counts. They probably won't look as good at W3D level. Also, the flak track is looking great, but the soviet symbol looks a little overused. Great blog.

Hehe. Those heads must have cryengine 2 poly counts. They probably won't look as good at W3D level. Also, the flak track is looking great, but the soviet symbol looks a little overused. Great blog.

Easily downgraded to around 900 polys per head (whilst retaining quality).

Guest player1

Easily downgraded to around 900 polys per head (whilst retaining quality).

You should do your head for the Crazy Ivan OWA :) your crazy after all :D

Boo fucking hoo. I was up til 3am doing this blog and this is the thanks I get. Right...

I've had 4 hours sleep because I decided to finish the blog so don't get like that.

Should have started earlier then :p

Guest r34ch

Wow, heads are cool. Damn OWA if you give that program to APB to change RA1s tanya, they might have to scrap the 'tanya is not sexy she is a set of pixels' line :D

Coursework bites, i feel for ya man staying up so late, but doing a blog in the end? - devotion to the fans!

Also, no doubt you'll do well in your coursework, i got 98% in my coursework for one subject =P

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

WOW nice, I am so gonna send you a pic of me soon, would be cool to be in AR, also nice forest flak, but link doesn't work for me either

Guest EVA-251

Love the Flak Track skins, but I am still going to say (for the third time I think) that I dislike the use of "remap" on the models. It is not becoming of a FPS game.

Guest cnc95fan

Love the Flak Track skins, but I am still going to say (for the third time I think) that I dislike the use of "remap" on the models. It is not becoming of a FPS game.

What is a remap? You can say it a million times or however many times you think, but at the end of the day, the decision doesn't lie with you (alone).

It's the style we've decided to make AR, if you dont like it then by all means feel free to edit the skins once we've released it.

We just feel that RA2 was over the top cartoony, kind of cheesy and fun, we're trying to capture that in the artwork, we're really not trying to make a realistic FPS shooter here.

Hell you havnt even seen anything in the cartoony lighting that saberhawk made for us before he left.

And i dont look like that anymore >_>,

but ben hasnt changed at all lol.

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

for a pic to be included in APB or AR, you wnat it in a mail or PM on forums or what? also what size should it preferably be in? (my camra takes at a res of 1560x1920, and is just above 1 meg)

Hell you havnt even seen anything in the cartoony lighting that saberhawk made for us before he left.

Yeah, the project was scrapped because it looked wierd ingame.

for a pic to be included in APB or AR, you wnat it in a mail or PM on forums or what? also what size should it preferably be in? (my camra takes at a res of 1560x1920, and is just above 1 meg)

PM please.

Guest Srowell3

flaks tracks look so nice! :) ive just done all of my coursework now! its just i have 17 exams still to do.... :) Then i will be back making stuff! yay :D

Guest Kakashi

Well I just took a few pictures as well and would like to know if there is a specific size you want/need. Don't wanna waste too much bandwith sending my ugly mug over to you.