Blog 84 - Q&A (04/06/08)

I have a big exam tommorrow so I won't have time to write you guys a full blog this week. So instead I'll take a leaf from Chronojam's book and open it up to a full Q&A session.

<h3>Ask away!</h3>

Ask any question you like related on any aspect of AR and I'll be happy to answer it.

(Testers, don't answer the questions that have been asked in this topic or you'll get an e-slap).

I'll answer the questions in the next blog!

<h3>Toilet/Bog/W.C/Portaloo etc.</h3>

Poggel modelled up a portaloo to use on our maps (desert version to follow). This will be garrisonable using some nifty tricks!

Check it out!

post-917-1212516424.pngpost-917-1212516492.png

Click on the images for cooler images.

<h3>Cut Short</h3>

This month is end boss month.

Don't forget to ask questions!

Can I be a tester? J/k

Well it's hard to come up with a good questions since you've just about explained everything.

How will allies get the ability to use Chrono Commanders?

Edited by ChAoS

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

nice toilet...

and I don't have any questions ATM really...

and good luck with exam

Edited by =NX=VinGummi2

Guest MuadDib15

What's the real blog? :D

So what did the team do this week and can you show us?

Edited by MuadDib15

Guest pimpinitalian

Are you guys going to like add a timer for buildings? In Red Alert 2 you didn't start off with a nuke and radar and tesla troopers and war factory. Maybe add it in later verions? If you don't understand just message me or something.

Edited by pimpinitalian

Guest Xiphias6

Will the troops squat/sit on the loo while shooting?! :D

Seriously.

Hmm, are infantry automatically ejected from garrisons when down to red health?

Can vehicles really go underwater like in the vid?

How do you garrison a structure? Just walk into an entrance?

Can you garrison multiple infantry types?

Guest Deadpikle

Are you guys going to like add a timer for buildings? In Red Alert 2 you didn't start off with a nuke and radar and tesla troopers and war factory. Maybe add it in later verions? If you don't understand just message me or something.

Woah, you mean like, not having later-tech units available until a couple minutes have passed?

That'd actually be very interesting game-play wise. It'd take a lot of scripting, but would be very RA(2)listic. Hm....

Guest commander_crazy

aahhh dammit, i was gonna have liquid in my sig for end boss month, ive even got the same pic.

Moeh oh well ill just support yours

Guest EVA-251

yay, questions.

-How will SREF's [Comet] weapon be done? You know, with the "fragmentation" effect with the lasers.

-Same as above but with elite Tesla Trooper

-Can homing not suck in Ren engine? Its sorta important for things like the Guardian GI AT4, Apoc Missiles

-How will Desolator be handled? Flak Track + 5 Desolator makes it impossible for enemy infantry to escape the buildings... in RA2. How will the Allies counter a Desolator rush, without a defensive building? Snipers lacked the range to kill a deployed Desolator without getting irradiated themselves. (Deso radiation = 10 cell radius, Sniper is 9/10, IIRC)

-In the last APB Q/A blog, CJ pointed out that the Tech Center was useless in RA1- you built it and sold it and started up the Mammoth production at the War Factory. This finally was remedied in RA2. This remedy will be applied to AR?

-When can we expect the awesomeness of AR to be released for the first time?

-Since you guys are taking a little liberty with RA2, if you notice, the Tesla Trooper was intended to enter and clear garrisons. Could inside-garrison/garrisoning clearing combat be possible?

-Techie IFV = ???

-We can haz President IFV?

-Will we see RA2_TourofEgypt.mix making it into AR?

-Will Tech Secret Lab allow for construction/purchasing of extras, perhaps Yuri Vehicles, Hinds, Howitzers?

-If a Grizzly Tank is going 50MPH toward a Rhino Tank going 30 MPH toward the Grizzly, who wins?

-Will we get to see a Harrier doing a barrel roll?

(I am sure I could of think of more)

Edited by EVA-251

What's the real blog? :)

So what did the team do this week and can you show us?

Is this a trick question :D

Oh and for the road. That exam was damn tough.

Guest BaneOfSorrows

I remember reading in an earlier blog that there would only be one tanya/boris on the field at a time. How do you intend to regulate this? and how do we prevent nubs from jacking the purchase and ruining things for the rest of us?

in other news, i live near san antonio and I WANTS MAH ALAMO MAP :D

any plan to use that one? =)

Guest cnc95fan

How does the AR team plan to implement shroud? Will a spy entering the soviet radar tower have any effect on this way? And if there is Allied vs Allied (if..) how do you plan to get a spy entering the Spy Sattalite Uplink? Also, the Tesla Tank... How do you plan to make it shoot over walls?

Guest warzzone5

Will you guys have a specific country for every map?

E.G. : AR_noname.mix : Allies as France and Soviets as Russia?

Guest Tesla066

- Will desolators damage friendly units with its radiation?

- Will engineer/ifv repair buildings from the outside?

- Can we have more pics next blog :p?

Guest NX01class

Will naval tranports be able to carry veh's?

Will we have player controlled carriers?

Are we gona see dog's at some point in AR?

What about a 3 sided match or even 3 side's to the game. I'd like maps to vary from Yuri vs. Soviets, etc...

How will the destroyer work? It is esentially two things at once with the aircraft on it's rear.

all for now.