RA2:AR FAQ

Guest dangles20

Yes we should have cloning vats as that would be cool, but the one problem is that bots lag in servers.

what if the cloning vats just halved the cost of infantry?

i see what you mean by bots tho i mean what would happen if someone just spammed the lowest costing infantry unit spawning tons of bots

Edited by dangles20

Guest abcd5799

1. Will there be subs?

2. Will there be aircraft carrier/ dreadnoughts?

3. How bad will the V3 aim? (I got that idea from APB because it's so hard to aim the V2)

4. Will there be Robot Tanks?

5. Will there be singleplayer?

6. Estimate first release date?

Guest NodFan

1. Will there be subs?

3. How bad will the V3 aim? (I got that idea from APB because it's so hard to aim the V2)

1. Yes of course :)

2. Yes there will be dreadnought but carrier will be hard scripting cuz its sends planes to attack so having it shoot an airstrike beacon would work

3. The V3 might be the same as the V2

4. They might be remote controlled just like the terror drones and will require the robot controll facility to be powered

5. There is a tutorial mission but the team does not know if they should make a campagin

6. Unknown, It will depend on how much time they get the work done, so stop asking or they will delay the release then

Guest dangles20

1. how will the destroyers sub killing plane work?

2. will the anti air base defenses auto fire upon incoming dread or v3 missiles?

3. will the patriot missiles lock on and follow enemy aircraft?

4. will there be chrono ivans as some kind of crate unit or special method tech unit?

5. will the navy seal and Tanya carry the same C4?

6. can there only be 1 Tanya and Yuri/Boris at a time on the battlefield?

Edited by dangles20

Guest Masterpiece

Now my question!

1)Will Tanya be able to destroy vehicles like in RA2YR?

2)There is no Yuri army , only unit right? if yes, how will Yuri work , like if Yuri controls me so i will be my team enemy right? and if Yuri have that his mine crush thing so how will it work?

3)Will battle fortress be able to crush tanks?

4)Will we be able to destroy trees? ,because they are really annoying in APB!

5)Will every map has his own team countries (for example lets take a map from APB Bonsai - will be Iraq vs France Volcano - Americans vs Russians Ridge war - Germany vs Cuba) = u know what i mean right?

6)How can we control the plane in the Destroyer?

7)Will there be cloning vats , if yes how will they work? how will we be able to clone?

8)will there be psychic sensor?

9)will there be nuclear reactor?

10)will the SEAL C4 will be as strong as Tanya's C4?

11)will there be single player in AR?

12)will you people make maps base on maps in RA2YR?

13)will there be black eagles or only harriers?

LAST!!

14)When someone kill a Kirov will it fall down or explode in the air?

Edited by Masterpiece

Guest dangles20

two more questions

1. The giant squid and the terror drone what happens if your killed while controlling them?

2. How will the transports be able to carry tanks?

Guest NodFan

2. will the anti air base defenses auto fire upon incoming dread or v3 missiles?

4. will there be chrono ivans as some kind of crate unit or special method tech unit?

1. again it will be hard to script just like the Aircraft Carrier

2. yes but im not sure if patriots do attack V3 rockets in the current version

3. Of course :)

4. No

5. Possibly but Tanya's can destroy vechicles at the same time and she could carry more

6. No but there will be some limit of commando's, in APB there could be Multiple Tanya's and Kov's

Now my question!

2)There is no Yuri army , only unit right? if yes, how will Yuri work , like if Yuri controls me so i will be my team enemy right? and if Yuri have that his mine crush thing so how will it work?

5)Will every map has his own team countries (for example lets take a map from APB Bonsai - will be Iraq vs France Volcano - Americans vs Russians Ridge war - Germany vs Cuba) = u know what i mean right?

7)Will there be cloning vats , if yes how will they work? how will we be able to clone?

LAST!!

1. Yes

2. We might have few maps with Yuri base as Neutral and Capturable like tech buildings but scripting the mind controll will be hard

3. Not sure

4. Not sure

5. No the countries are randomly picked unless if there is a squad leader function where the highest ranked player on the team decides what country your faction will be

6. Hard Scripting that it will take hard work

7. Yes but I dont know about the cloning script

8. No

9. Possibly

10. Tanya can carry more and Her C4 can destroy Tanks at the same time as buildings

11. There is a tutorial mission but its not in the version we have right now

12. Yes most of the maps right now are from RA2/YR

13. Black Eagles are still being worked on and can only be built if you country is Korea

14. Explode in the air I guess cuz it can be hard to script a falling ballon

NodFan, how would you know if we implemented chrono ivans and psychic sensors or not? ;)

Please leave the answers to the devs.

Lots of questions here... hmm

I have an idea for the factions selection, instead of random selected how about at the start of a game each player votes for a faction and the faction with the most votes is the faction that is played within the game. This is more of a idea then a question and i don't know if its been said or asked before.

By faction i mean each player from each team votes for one of the factions only from that team like France or Russia.

Also if the France faction is selected or done however it is decided when released, will the grand cannons just be there if it happens to select France or will they be purchasable in some way?

Teams will be randomly selected and their specialization activated on mapstart. This means that each game will be massively different because of different strategies available. This makes sure that you get excited as you have no idea or controll over the faction you'll get :p

As for France, we haven't decided yet as we got to balance each faction to be about equally strong. The alternatives are:

a: Start map with preplaced Grand Cannons

b: Purchase Grand Cannons at fixed locations like how other factions must buy their spec units too

c: Combo: Starting with preplaced Grand Cannons which are rebuildable once they get destroyed (maybe with a cooldown timer or a longer rebuild time)

Yes we should have cloning vats as that would be cool, but the one problem is that bots lag in servers.

what if the cloning vats just halved the cost of infantry?

i see what you mean by bots tho i mean what would happen if someone just spammed the lowest costing infantry unit spawning tons of bots

The cloning vats will appear ingame in some shape or form, we haven't decided its final functioning yet. It could happen to become a mission map target to protect/destroy, giving an advantage to the defenders.

1. Will there be subs?

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. It's hard to aim right now, we're trying to make it easier in each testbuild before release

4. Yes

5. Undecided, however we'll have linked up tutorial missions campaign-like, and training videos

6. That's what even I do not know. We have a strong testbuild currently but it's still away from release.

1. I see three options here:

A: It requires two "drivers", one controlls the ship, the other the plane.

B: One controller guy, who can keep switching between the ship/plane

C: One controller guy controlling either the ship/plane, whatever he's not driving becomes ai-controlled temporarily

2. Unless we can make this happen with scripts, we'll have to tone down the missile's damage otherwise they could be overpowered against the helpless defenses.

3. Yep, that's very easy to do

4. Once we have the Chrono Legionnarie ingame, it's should just take a few minutes to make a Chrono Ivan version. It could be either a secret tech lab unit or a crate surprise.

5. Tanya will either carry more C4s or stronger C4s than the SEAL.

6. Yes but there is a system making sure only worthy players can buy them, and they will be kickass strong :)

Now my question!

LAST!!

1. Yes

2. We came up with a few ideas already but haven't decided which one to use yet.

3. Yes

4. Unless they are mirage tanks, probably no. You guys would make the maps look plain empty!! :p

5. Again, subfactions are randomized, automated. You can get any faction on each map (exceptions are special cases like infantry only maps where having spec vehicles would be useless without a war factory for example)

6. Read the whole post, you'll find the answer

7. Read above

8. Most likely, but it could become a mission map object only too

9. Same as #8

10. Already answered in this same post

11. Same as #10

12. Of course. We already "converted" some maps from RA2/YR into the game

13. Black Eagles will be available if your country is selected to be Korea, otherwise you'll get the regular Harriers

14. It will catch on fire in the air when destroyed, the hull will fall to the ground then it explodes, blows to bits there, damaging objects in the way. If you played Roleplay 2 then you have already seen this happening with the helichoppers :)

Guest NodFan

sorry but since I have played AR quite often then I know about 70% of it but other than that I apoligize for answering the FAQ's,

Guest abcd5799

If it's the 2 player destroyer thing, why would happen if the osprey is shot down?

Will there be an Iron Curtain?

Do you have to place superweapon beacons?

How will chronoshifting work?

Will boris' AKM damage buildings at all?

Will boris have the laser flare?

Suggestions: don't make terriorsts, they are worthless.

Guest dangles20

If it's the 2 player destroyer thing, why would happen if the osprey is shot down?

Terriorists wouldnt be completly useless, you would be able to get into buildings a lot easier with them since they are not as large as a vehicle and harder to spot.

Guest abcd5799

Yeah, and then do so little damage and then the player has to respawn again and the run to the enemy base again. And the Enemy will easily of spotted the damage and will be ready the next time you come.

Guest Masterpiece

Can you people make it able to destroy trees

oh and 1 more question :

will there be a time limit in maps just like in renegade ? or will it be just like APB with only 30 min -_-

Wow, things got busy in here!

1. If we go with the two player Destroyer situation; when the Osprey is shot down, the player piloting it would die and the Osprey would be re-spawned on the destroyer after a time limit.

2. The Iron Curtain will be in the game.

3. No, we're getting rid of Superweapon beacons because we want to make AR unique from the rest of the C&C FPS games. Also, it is my belief that beacons are flawed. The current idea that I have involves buying the superweapon for a lot of money, then waiting for it to charge up before firing it. That way the enemy team have time to counter-act with engineers to stop the launch. After the weapon is fired, there will be a cooldown before it can charge again. This is not final at the moment; it's only an idea that I'm thinking about.

4. We haven't decided how Chronoshifting will work yet, but it's quite easy to teleport units. One idea is to have a group of tanks line up outside the Chronosphere, before designating a target. After the target has been designated, the vehicles will drive into the Chronosphere and appear where the target was designated.

5. Yes.

6. Yes.

7. I remember Terrorists being deadly, especially when 5 of them are put in a Flak Track. They are essentially cheap, slow Demo trucks, but they will also carry a pistol and maybe a knife.

Can you people make it able to destroy trees

oh and 1 more question :

will there be a time limit in maps just like in renegade ? or will it be just like APB with only 30 min -_-

1. We could make it so that people can destroy trees, but it would be quite a lot of extra work. We may think about it in the future when we have the game released.

2. Time limits are up to the server owners to decide.

Guest abcd5799

What's the chance of 5 terrorists going into a flak track and all going directly into the enemy base? I played APB for like 2 months and no one ever used a APC to rush base defences.

Guest ChronoSeth

Trust me, it's a lot more viable in AR. None of the base defenses are able to single-handedly stop an APC/HeliTrans rush like in APB.

What's the chance of 5 terrorists going into a flak track and all going directly into the enemy base? I played APB for like 2 months and no one ever used a APC to rush base defences.

If you coordinate with other players through something like Teamspeak, very easy. It will also be useful if clan wars take off.

Guest NSpgexp2012

but getting 5 people to do that is the thing, and then you are going to have five people wilth one shot and no way to defend theirself. One or two get killed then you don't have enough to do the job. Now the only way I see that as viable is if it costs to make the repairs. Besides tht how many people use TS in game. I''ll bet that half of the players have no idea that there is a team speak channel.

but getting 5 people to do that is the thing, and then you are going to have five people wilth one shot and no way to defend theirself. One or two get killed then you don't have enough to do the job. Now the only way I see that as viable is if it costs to make the repairs. Besides tht how many people use TS in game. I''ll bet that half of the players have no idea that there is a team speak channel.

Perhaps this is the case, but I was thinking more about clanwar tactics, seeing as you usually get entire teams jumping on teamspeak just so they can coordinate properly. Also it would be against our mission statement to take out terrorists, since we are aiming for a true-to-RA2 game. Taking out Cuba and Terrorists wouldn't be realistic to RA2.

Guest NSpgexp2012

I was not saying to take them out I was thinking more on the line of damage. If it would take 5 to take down a building what good would 1 be other then damaging a vehicle. You would have to make the blast area a whole lot bigger than C4(Tanya) does.to be effect against infantry. Because to be true to the game he would have to have just a little health and very little or no armor. Because he is not a soldier. That why I said to make repairs cost. If clans were to get on Team Speak the only way that would work is if each side could only use a different channel or all members of the clan get put on one team or the other. and that would be to hard to set up The object of the game is to win even against your clan mates. If you look at the stats most clan members have a high kill ratio against their clan.

Guest abcd5799

Oh yeah, I saw the taco racing video on the moddb page, maybe we can actually have a race between the GIs and conscripts to reach the end and destroy the enemy flag. If you get killed then you will respawn after 5 seconds.

Maybe a aircraft only or vehicles only level where if you are a soldier and goes far enough away from the base then you automatically die, but there will be a free basic vehicle like a humvee like thing that just spawns at your base.

Now for the questions.

If you go in the water, will you instantly lose health like you do in APB or will you have 5 seconds to get out or you will start losing health.

How can you chronoshift with a chronological commando.

If you sue the iron curtain on a vehicle and then get out, will the vehicle still be iron curtained when you get back in?

Can you make the barrier more like a VTOL plane rather than a helicopter, the ones in the videos for some reason can go backwards.

I was not saying to take them out I was thinking more on the line of damage. If it would take 5 to take down a building what good would 1 be other then damaging a vehicle. You would have to make the blast area a whole lot bigger than C4(Tanya) does.to be effect against infantry. Because to be true to the game he would have to have just a little health and very little or no armor. Because he is not a soldier. That why I said to make repairs cost. If clans were to get on Team Speak the only way that would work is if each side could only use a different channel or all members of the clan get put on one team or the other. and that would be to hard to set up The object of the game is to win even against your clan mates. If you look at the stats most clan members have a high kill ratio against their clan.

Oh, I thought you guys were suggesting that we take Terrorists out. Rest assured, we'll make them decent enough. High risk, high reward. Making repairs cost is a bad idea and is probably impossible to configure for one individual unit.

Oh yeah, I saw the taco racing video on the moddb page, maybe we can actually have a race between the GIs and conscripts to reach the end and destroy the enemy flag. If you get killed then you will respawn after 5 seconds.

Maybe a aircraft only or vehicles only level where if you are a soldier and goes far enough away from the base then you automatically die, but there will be a free basic vehicle like a humvee like thing that just spawns at your base.

Now for the questions.

If you go in the water, will you instantly lose health like you do in APB or will you have 5 seconds to get out or you will start losing health.

How can you chronoshift with a chronological commando.

If you sue the iron curtain on a vehicle and then get out, will the vehicle still be iron curtained when you get back in?

Can you make the barrier more like a VTOL plane rather than a helicopter, the ones in the videos for some reason can go backwards.

We're going to steer away from inf only maps if we can help it. We only have one at the moment.

I currently have an idea that I'm going to pitch to the team soon that will stop people from walking to the enemy base when the War Factory is destroyed, but more on that another time.

You will lose health unless you are a SEAL or Tanya, since they can swim.

We haven't gotten that far yet.

Yeah it should be, since it affects the vehicle and not the character.

The harrier you mean? Currently due to engine limitations we have to set all of our aircraft up as VTOL helicopter units; we can't stop them from going backwards in any way shape or form this way. Work is being done on some better flight physics which we will change to when the time comes.

The harrier you mean? Currently due to engine limitations we have to set all of our aircraft up as VTOL helicopter units; we can't stop them from going backwards n any way shape or form this way. Work is being done on some better flight physics which we will change to when the time comes.

Real harriers ARE able to go backwards, I've seen videos of it while I was rigging it so that shouldn't be an issue :/

The harrier you mean? Currently due to engine limitations we have to set all of our aircraft up as VTOL helicopter units; we can't stop them from going backwards n any way shape or form this way. Work is being done on some better flight physics which we will change to when the time comes.

Real harriers ARE able to go backwards, I've seen videos of it while I was rigging it so that shouldn't be an issue :/

They can go backwards, just not very fast.

Since I don't have time to read all 14 pages, I'm just going to ask some questions here and now:

1. Will the Superweapons bring the pain like in Red Alert 2, or just do some decent damage like in APB?

2. Will the Chronoshift mechanics be able to be implemented in APB?

3. How will the GI/GGI deploy mechanic work?

4. Are the battle labs going to appear?

5. Do you intend on making a campaign? If so, do you have sufficient voice actors?

Since I don't have time to read all 14 pages, I'm just going to ask some questions here and now:

1. Will the Superweapons bring the pain like in Red Alert 2, or just do some decent damage like in APB?

5. Do you intend on making a campaign? If so, do you have sufficient voice actors?

1. Superweapons are going to bring the pain, but the enemy will know about them as they are charging up, giving them plenty of time to reset the count.

2. They are already implemented in APB. Try making a map with a Chrono Tank on it.

3. Push Q to deploy, spawn sandbags and get your heavy weapon. Push Q to undeploy, pack up sandbags and get your light weapon back. Simples!

4. Eventually yes.

5. We're planning on making a tutorial/campaign hybrid that allows players to be taught the game by completing a series of missions. We have a few voice actors (including myself) who will be doing the voices. But we may look for more talent if we need more voices. :p

Guest abcd5799

Read the title, it's Apoc Rising. Not APB.

Edited by abcd5799

• 1 month later...