RA2:AR FAQ

In RA2, the AI did ignore school buses and the like. Then again, the RA2 1.006 AI had a few things that were "HERP DERP" about it. I can remember the AI ignoring terrorists...and me setting up barracks with waypoints leading to their base...

YR was a different story. They fixed the AI ignoring those things (and also broke the smart auto-deploy logic used by GIs...)

Will we see some classic modes get implemented?

IE MegaWealth and Meat Grinder?

MegaWealth = Maps with no refinery/ore, you have to capture and hold Oil Derricks for $$$. (perhaps make Derricks invulnerable so it doesn't decay into mindless stalemate when one team gets pissy and blows up all the Derricks)

Meat Grinder = Low tech level maps with country specials.

Speaking of Oil Derricks, got any special explosions planned for those?

Fair enough; I was thinking of Yuri's Revenge then.

Meat Grinder mode is essentially the first release xD

Megawealth is also an idea that I've been toying with. Not only could you have oil derricks, but also special crates that have a higher percentage of giving money to your team.

Oil Derricks are going to go boom in a a big way.

Guest Izaiah

Some may have been answered but...

1. Will the Kirov have unlimited bombs?

2. If not, where will it reload at?

3. Do you have a estimated price for the Kirov?

4. Will it be strong enough to single handedly kill buildings with ease or be toned down?

That is all.

Some may have been answered but...

1. Will the Kirov have unlimited bombs?

2. If not, where will it reload at?

3. Do you have a estimated price for the Kirov?

4. Will it be strong enough to single handedly kill buildings with ease or be toned down?

That is all.

1. Yes

2. Nowhere, it has infinite bombs.

3. 2000 Credits

4. Probably toned down a little bit, but still a juggernaut of a unit to deal with.

Will there ever more than two teams implemented? Like Cuba vs. America vs. Libya or something like that?

This is already planned and nearly complete.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest WhiteDevilNL

I have some more questions (im a lttle anoing today :D )

1. Does allied have an attilery unit, because if its gonna be exactly the same as in yuris revenge, soviet have 2 attilery units and allied 0

2. When naval will be introduced to RA2 AR, is there gonna be a map with 2 islands without bridges?

3. Will the Cronominer store less ore (500 credits) than the war miner (900 credits)?

Guest Generalcamo

1. Does allied have an attilery unit, because if its gonna be exactly the same as in yuris revenge, soviet have 2 attilery units and allied 0

The prism tank will be an allied artillery. but it is not available in the first release. Of course, if it comes to it, some canceled units will be utilized. (Howitizer)

3. Will the Cronominer store less ore (500 credits) than the war miner (900 credits)?

It was like that in RA2, it will likely be like that in AR. Becuase then the allies would get an advantage (Faster ore mining than the soviets)

I have some more questions (im a lttle anoing today :D )

2. When naval will be introduced to RA2 AR, is there gonna be a map with 2 islands without bridges?

1. Other than the Prisn Tank, no. Use Rocketeers and Harriers to dislodge soviet artillery.

2. Release Candidate 2. I'd like to do a map liek that if possible, because Naval Transports are going to be awesome.

3. Chrono Miner currently carries 500 and the War Miner carries 1000. The economy is surprisingly balanced right now.

The prism tank will be an allied artillery. but it is not available in the first release. Of course, if it comes to it, some canceled units will be utilized. (Howitizer)

It was like that in RA2, it will likely be like that in AR. Becuase then the allies would get an advantage (Faster ore mining than the soviets)

I'm a developer. I'll answer the questions.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest raptor331

Will the mobile fortress, seige chopper, gi gaurdians, or carriers and submarines be implemented?

my suggestion for the mobile fortress would to make it like a small buildin on wheels, however the rear door would only open up to friendlies that press E(friendlies of the driver, so there has to be a driver), there would be small windows to shoot out from.

Edited by raptor331

Will the mobile fortress, seige chopper, gi gaurdians, or carriers and submarines be implemented?

my suggestion for the mobile fortress would to make it like a small buildin on wheels, however the rear door would only open up to friendlies that press E(friendlies of the driver, so there has to be a driver), there would be small windows to shoot out from.

Yes to all.

The Battlefortress will be a vehicle with mannable turrets stuck onto it.

Guest raptor331

Another question: what about the Chrono Legionaires, super weapons, and of course battle labs? And when will the game be released to be played.

Guest Stormweaver

Another question: what about the Chrono Legionaires, super weapons, and of course battle labs? And when will the game be released to be played.

Important bit bolded. ^

All of those will feature in the game eventually.

I don't want to say when we are gong to release because it puts pressure on my team to deliver. If something comes up and we are delayed, we'll get flak for it. So I am not yet ready to make the chance of estimation. I'll let you guys know nearer the release date however.

Will there really never be a yuri? :D And what's the release data?

We aren't including Yuri's Army. Yuri himself will make an appearance though.

The release data is probably going to be a newspost in which we tell the public that we are releasing the game.

• 4 weeks later...

hmm i am first time came here :D , sorry for bad english

1. Will Gap Generator appear in AR ?

2. How Does Weather Control Device working? like deploy a Flare then many powerful Light will appear and

blow up there Right?

3. Also , iron curtain , mostly like deploy a flare then wait 30 second and there will be appear a black ball

and make tank are %#&^#^ (how to spell -.- , Fxxxing i mush fix my english skill) , right?

4. Happy Birthday when AR is out :)

That all , ty

Guest Generalcamo

OK, is there anything impossible (for right now) to do in the W3D engine that was possible in RA2?

Edited by Generalcamo

2. How Does Weather Control Device working? like deploy a Flare then many powerful Light will appear and blow up there Right?

3. Also , iron curtain , mostly like deploy a flare then wait 30 second and there will be appear a black ball and make tank are %#&^#^ (how to spell -.- , Fxxxing i mush fix my english skill) , right?

4. Happy Birthday when AR is out :)

That all , ty

1. Yes, but not in the first release

2. We have a plan for how we will implement the Weather Control Machine, but since it's subject to change and not RC1 content, I won't go into details now.

3. Same as above for the WCM

4. Thanks :)

• 1 year later...

The same as any W3D game - as long as you have the hardware to support it - 127 players.

obviously you'll actually only see about 10-20 in a LAN game, but the bigger the better! you just need to make sure you account for extra players on a scalar basis ~

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Will there be shotgunners and minigunners, a.k.a sergeants and captains? Ooooo, and the British Sniper?

No shotgunners or minigunners, but the British will get their sniper. :)

• 1 month later...
Guest abcd5799

OH yea. Will music tracks from YR be in any of ARs maps? Perhaps drok or brainfreeze etc?

I think it probably will, since you hear it on test videos on YouTube.

2. How Does Weather Control Device working? like deploy a Flare then many powerful Light will appear and

blow up there Right?

3. Also , iron curtain , mostly like deploy a flare then wait 30 second and there will be appear a black ball

and make tank are %#&^#^ (how to spell -.- , Fxxxing i mush fix my english skill) , right?

4. Happy Birthday when AR is out :D

That all , ty

How do you know some one here has their birthday at the exact date of the AR release?

Guest dangles20

will a ore purifer and that soviet structure that makes everything cheap (cant remember what it was called) be included in this game

edit: and will there ever be a cloning vats and how would it work?

Edited by dangles20

will a ore purifer and that soviet structure that makes everything cheap (cant remember what it was called) be included in this game

edit: and will there ever be a cloning vats and how would it work?

Yes to the Ore Purifier and yes to the Industrial Plant!

We've toyed with the idea of using bots, but no real ideas have been set in stone yet.

Guest dangles20

I have an idea for the factions selection, instead of random selected how about at the start of a game each player votes for a faction and the faction with the most votes is the faction that is played within the game. This is more of a idea then a question and i don't know if its been said or asked before.

By faction i mean each player from each team votes for one of the factions only from that team like France or Russia.

Also if the France faction is selected or done however it is decided when released, will the grand cannons just be there if it happens to select France or will they be purchasable in some way?

Edited by dangles20

Guest NodFan

I have an idea for the factions selection, instead of random selected how about at the start of a game each player votes for a faction and the faction with the most votes is the faction that is played within the game. This is more of a idea then a question and i don't know if its been said or asked before.

By faction i mean each player from each team votes for one of the factions only from that team like France or Russia.

Also if the France faction is selected or done however it is decided when released, will the grand cannons just be there if it happens to select France or will they be purchasable in some way?

Either they get purchased or the Grand cannons might spawn if you play as French faction, but that might take some very good scripting.

Yes we should have cloning vats as that would be cool, but the one problem is that bots lag in servers.

And I cant believe there is no Yuri Faction :sad:

I really wanted to fly that floating UFO in FPS.

Edited by NodFan