Blog 112 (17/12/08)

Ladies and gentlemen of Bluehell Productions. I am home from my first semester at university. It's been tough, but nothing that I couldn't handle.

But now down to the real news. a blog from me and the team to you.

<h3>Something Special</h3>

The beginning of the christmas holidays sees a lot of our staff memers free of work. One of those members is the infanous BogdanV, proprietor of such wonders as the fake worldbox, wild birds as ambience, green radiation wither giger effects and many more things.

Now, you may remember his attempt at fake dynamic lighting a while back to create spotlights. Well, he has gone and created not only a spotlight, but a whole sun using fake dynamic lighting. This gives us the grand opportunity of doing day and night cycles. Obviously a map will take no longer than 30 mins to complete and pass through, but during that time, the time of day can change. Using this we can have maps where the sun is rising or when the sun has set. This creates the opportunity for some very interesting levels.

Anyway, without further a do, here is the feature in action, thusfar.

<center><embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i91.photobucket.com/flash/player.swf?file=http://s317.photobucket.com/albums/mm376/Moonlight-Embrace/SunTest.flv"></embed></center>

We can use this effect for other things such as:

-weather storm disturbances within the cloud layer (bright blue light engulfing the map)

-nuke explosion + light (bright yellow-orange light emanated from the explosion)

-chronosphere effects (same as the weather storm generator)

-any other wacky effects (like Stalker's blowout, Hl2 Ep.2's Combine warp gate shot down by black mesa's satellite or something similar).

Pretty cool huh?

<h3>Soviet Barracks</h3>

dtrngd has been working on the soviet barracks, finishing off the interior ready for texturisation. This structure is suprisingly easy to find your way around in once you know the way around. So don;t worry about getting lost.

I'll let the pictures do the talking.

ScreenShot05-2.pngScreenShot06-2.png

ScreenShot07-2.pngScreenShot08-2.png

ScreenShot09-4.png

<h3>More Props!</h3>

Poggel has been working on some more props for maps. Mostly lamp posts and sign posts.

Here are the images for you peoples.

Lamp1-1.pngLamp2-1.png

Sign-1.pngSignb-1.png

Billboard-1.pngBillboardb-1.png

I have also recieved a donation lamp post from forum member, Dangerous. The team and I thank him for his effort and time that was put into creating this.

Here is an image of the model and a link to the progress thread.

DangerousLampPost-1.png

These objects will be added to our "prop pool" so you may see them crop up in APB if they decide to borrow a few assets.

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

This is the first blog to be written upon my new computer. Here are some specs for you techjunkies out there.

CPU: AMD Phenom 9950 Quad-Core , 2.61 GHz

Video: 19" Hanns.G Flatscreen Monitor on 2x ASUS ATI Radeon HD 4850 (1440x900x32bpp 60Hz) in Crossfire

Memory: 4gb Black Dragon DDR2 800mhz

Hard Drives:

[H:Supernova] 500 GB (WD Caviar)

[Z:APOCALYPSE] 500 GB (WD My Book)

I really happy with it so far so you can expect some proper work out of me, when I get everything reinstalled again.xD

cfehunter was really happy with what he had handed in for this term. Nice one dude.

dtrngd is annoyed that he has to do the dishes.

rm5248 achieved a very cool post count!

FancyThat.png

Eggman891 has a new wireless internet connection.

BogdanV is back along with a few other staffers!

<h3>OWA's Random Corner</h3>

Make yourself or any random picture into a trading card!

Example:

OWAcard.jpg

Go have a try for yourself at http://www.yugiohcardmaker.net

<h3>Noddy Holder says...</h3>

IT'S (nearly) CHRIIIIIIIISTMAAAAAAAASSSS!

great video i cant wait to see all the cool new things that can happen from this new project.....keep up the great work guys :D

PS- OWA ill trade you my killboy and Allied29 cards for a Dtrngd and R34ch card ..lol jk

Edited by WallYWooD

Guest Xiphias6

Epic sun rising. Though it looks...hilarious at this point of time. :D

I sacrifice this...err...monster...and...summon OWA! Err...attack the enemy direectly...?

hey, just remember that the lamppost isn't really textured (everything's just kind of slopped on).

Yup, however we'll get one of our guys to texture it, so watch out for that one.

great video i cant wait to see all the cool new things that can happen from this new project.....keep up the great work guys :D

PS- OWA ill trade you my killboy and Allied29 cards for a Dtrngd and R34ch card ..lol jk

It's a deal, but only if you trade Venompawz the Image Collector with KILLERMINELAYER.

Epic sun rising. Though it looks...hilarious at this point of time. :)

I sacrifice this...err...monster...and...summon OWA! Err...attack the enemy direectly...?

For massive damage!

It's the featuring spacecraft from the television show, Firefly. (Which undoubtedly should of had more seasons).

Guest Realpra

That is epic, how the HELL do you fake dynamic lightning???

And that computer is a beast, its like THE top hardware if you're into ATI/AMD (as I am).

That day and night effects are just outstanding, very nice work BogdanV

The soviet Barracks is abit confusing at first, but when you know it it is srsly simple lol, and great fun :D

Another great blog guys, keep it up!

Oh man, that would be too cool. Lead devs, BHP team members, mods, testers etc etc
Do it! Venompawz probably has enough pictures floating around to do the job (except one of me, lol. I'll get a pic of my stunt double if needed though)

Also, day/night lighting change is epic.

Guest Pyrodaimon

Excellent blog. I hope you use the fake dynamic lighting for the WCD. Make the whole map go dark all of sudden (and disable enemy radar on the way). Soviets will not only have their base oblitarated, they'll also be as blind as a mole.

The soviet barr is awesome. Also, what's the secondary weak point in the soviet barr? Another fusebox and its fridge?

Guest Deadpikle

Do it! Venompawz probably has enough pictures floating around to do the job (except one of me, lol. I'll get a pic of my stunt double if needed though)

haha, I'd make one if everyone else did. This has, all of a sudden, become an epic idea.

Guest HYBRID BEING

wow, fake dynamic lighting is an epic win. Also great work on barracks.

PS: hope it won't take too long till One Winged Angel will play his card :D