Blog 120 (13/02/09)

Welcome to this week's blog. It's friday the 13th, so anything could happen!

<h3>Allied Barracks Ingame!</h3>

At long last, the Allied Barracks has been completed and rigged up ingame! dtrngd and TheBeerinator have done an astounding job to get things rolling in the buildings department recently, which is awesome. I got goosebumps just walking round this structure ingame, because everything felt right and in place.

Here are a bunch of images of the barracks ingame! These screenshots have been taken using the latest build of AR.

ScreenShot21-3.pngScreenShot17-3.png

ScreenShot20-1.pngScreenShot19-3.png

ScreenShot16-3.pngScreenShot15-3.png

ScreenShot14-3.pngScreenShot13-3.png

ScreenShot12-5.pngScreenShot11-5.png

ScreenShot18-1.png

Pretty cool eh?

<h3>IFV Update</h3>

I've been doing some work on the new chassis for the IFV, since the old model was fairly inaccurate and riddled with errors. This model is now nearing completion, so unwrapping can begin soon after.

IFV-2.png

<h3>Poggel's Props</h3>

Poggel has been busy whipping up some new props for us. These props include a set of swings, a redone set of pipes, some beach umbrellas and the tyre prop, all of which were featured in RA2!

Here are some images below!

post-917-1234362900-1.pngpost-917-1234109010-1.png

post-917-1234108770-1.pngpost-917-1234108501-1.png

See if you can find the two 3d models in this image :D

post-917-1234362933-1.png

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

It was my birthday yesterday, so I'm now 19! I went out, got rediculously drunk and staggered back to bed to sleep. When I woke up I was covered in felt tip pen thanks to my uni friends :)

A great night out!

cfehunter is coming to visit next friday!

danpaul88 released the lastest build of AR to the recently appointed testers. This new build features working sentry guns and the flak trooper amongst other things.

dtrngd got the allied barracks ingame and semi-rigged. The only things left to do now are to get some new purchase terminals setup along with the buyable sandbag system and the weakpoints. Great stuff.

Guywithawrench is texturing the allied harrier. More on this later.

<h3>OWA's Random Corner</h3>

Today in the random corner we have some ventertainment, courtesy of Mr T and a ventrilo server.

<center><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></center>

<h3>This is the end of the road for you my friend...</h3>

...until next week that is.

Guest Pyrodaimon

Excellent job with the bar. Any chance of seeing a walkthrough video soon?

The IFV looks awesome and by the looks of it, the turret seems to be able to turn fast. I can't wait to outrun the red-dressed slowpokes called Soviets.

Bench, swing, that blue thing on the corner, the stop sign and that non-green tree behind the fence. Yeah, those are the 3d models. I can tell because of the lack of shadows. But they look nice. Can you destroy them (ingame, that is)?

Guest EVA-251

0_0 at the Barracks....So...incredibly...awesome.

You should do an isometric view of it and scale it down to RA2 size to how close it is :p

Edited by EVA-251

Guest A_Mustang

Barracks is amazing. :)

See if you can find the two 3d models in this image :D

the swings and the public bench behind them in the background.

Blog is win!!

Edited by A_Mustang

Guest scratchknife

That is an awesome birthday I've ever heard of...... getting pen all over your face..... I wonder what happened when you went to the store with pen all over your face.....

And that barracks is badass dude...

Edited by scratchknife

the swings and the public bench behind them in the background.

Congratulations. Help yourself to a cookie!

And Australia was like totally a playable country, but you had to hold the shift key and click somewhere in the menu, just like with the ant missions. It's true, some dude on some forum told me. He had screenshots, but his drive crashed so he lost them.

Guest GummiBear

Congratulations. Help yourself to a cookie!

And Australia was like totally a playable country, but you had to hold the shift key and click somewhere in the menu, just like with the ant missions. It's true, some dude on some forum told me. He had screenshots, but his drive crashed so he lost them.

really? what special unit would they get?

really? what special unit would they get?

1255658527_bbbc22a9b2_m.jpg

Regretebally, however, this made Australia too close to Britian in the RA2 universe, so this feature was eventually dropped. Originally, the concept art had the Australian unit be a boomerang throwing man; however this was also taken out of the game early on because the developers felt that the unit resembled Crazy Ivan too much.

awesome barrack i wanna sleep inside it!

IFV looks sexy

and props look awesome

i was wondering what would happen if a GI were to step inside the Tire prop and did the second ability (sandbag protection) would it be able to do it or would it glitch inside the Tire? or is the Tire big to fit the sandbags?

Guest Stormweaver

barracks is epic.

Now i might have missed something in the blog, or it might just be the GI thing, but did you say buyable sandbag sytem? I am intrigued...

Guest BaneOfSorrows

Bench, swing, that blue thing on the corner, the stop sign and that non-green tree behind the fence. Yeah, those are the 3d models. I can tell because of the lack of shadows. But they look nice. Can you destroy them (ingame, that is)?

Ummmm...believe he said two...it's the swings and the green park bench in back.

Barracks is freakin' hawt.

and WHAR'S MAH PODCAST? :D

barracks is epic.

Now i might have missed something in the blog, or it might just be the GI thing, but did you say buyable sandbag sytem? I am intrigued...

Yup, all will be revealed once we get it working.

Ummmm...believe he said two...it's the swings and the green park bench in back.

Barracks is freakin' hawt.

and WHAR'S MAH PODCAST? :D

Podcast will be coming when me and Lord Kane can sort out a time. It's tricky to find the time at the moment.

Guest Jon Fox

Your barracks is pretty... well, erm... I'm strapped for words. Have you guys worked the kinks out of Renegade's engine to allow for indoor combat, or am I thinking something that isn't true is true?

And consering the pic with the swings and bench in it. Wow, those are realistic. You fooled me, until I read some posts. Nice job.