Blog 129 (20/04/09)

In the light of Lord_Kane suffering a technical failure and being unable to host the podcast, I took it upon myself to answer your burning questions. That's why this week's blog is cut down to contain just the podcast.

There is a lot of juicy information in this recording so take a listen if you have the time. I apologise in advance if I bore you :D

At the time of posting this up, it is 6am. I've been up editing this for a few hours now and have completed the podcast for the benefit of the community.

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

Coursework deadlines again... Bah...

<h3>OWA's Random Corner</h3>

All Hail Britannia!

(Not the building society)

<center><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5brR14OGWUU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5brR14OGWUU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5brR14OGWUU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></center>

<h3>...</h3>

Sorry about this, hopefully I'll deliver a better blog next week.

Guest r34ch

At the time of posting this up, it is 6am. I've been up editing this for a few hours now and have completed the podcast for the benefit of the community.

This alone deserves a nice big thankyou!

Good luck with exams btw. Mine start in about 3 weeks.

Guest Deadpikle

OWA, want me to work on a transcript? Or would that not be worth it? I wouldn't have it within one day, but I could get it done.

THANKS OWA!

OWA, want me to work on a transcript? Or would that not be worth it? I wouldn't have it within one day, but I could get it done.

This is completely your decision Deadpikle. I think many people would appretiate it because I do tend to talk a little fast in places.

Hello OWA! Thanks for answering my questions! But how will the Hornet work?

EDIT: A link to the infantry would be cool.

Infantry are described here.

Hornets will work like the harrier essentially, but their refill point will be on the aircraft carrier.

Guest AdrwIvrsn

I was wondering, even though my name looks weird, how come you didn't catch the "Andrew Iverson" when you said it phonetically? I'm not trying to be mean but you were awfully close to saying my real name. :D

And when I was talking about interactive Easter eggs, I meant something that would activate when the player presses E while standing near it, like how a soda machine would dispense a bottle when you press E. However, I later learned that there will be no such Easter eggs because they might be distracting to n00bs who just spend their time pressing E.

Thanks for spending your time making the podcast, by the way.

I was wondering, even though my name looks weird, how come you didn't catch the "Andrew Iverson" when you said it phonetically? I'm not trying to be mean but you were awfully close to saying my real name. :D

I like to keep things literal. As in I say it how I see it, even if it's unpronouncable. I knew that was what it stood for, but I wanted to pronounce it right in a literal sense.

Guest EVA-251

Not to be picky, but I pronounce my username the same way I pronounce my name, but without the "n". :p

Thanks for answering my questions. :D

I still have not managed to listen too it... my internet connection here in Qatar fell over and died when I suggested it might like to think about the possibility of downloading a >100mb file. Guess I will have to wait until I go home (tommorow as it happens) to listen to it :D

Have you never heard of compression OWA? If thats >100mb rarred, how big is it unrarred? Should have converted it to mp3 or something....

Guest Deadpikle

It's 200 mbs.

For those curious, I am working on a transcript. It'll be around by Friday or Saturday or something, depending on how much I get done in a day. I'm 17 minutes in as of now, but that was only a bit of last night. I'm paraphrasing a bit and only listing usernames on their first question. Format:

xx) <question>?

<answer>

where x is the number question it is.

Guest Xiphias6

Epic podcast sarcasm, btw. :D

Hornets...Carriers...sounds like a missionable map to me. Allies spawn on an Aircraft Carrier (Building? :)) off the shore, with a couple of AEGIS Cruisers and Destroyers CVBG-esque. Then teh Allies buy their Hornets, then the other players buy GGIs and take positions on the deck of the Carrier like CIWSes. Landwar ftw.

Guest Lt Albrecht

w00t! I got mentioned =D

By the way OWA mate I live in the same country as you, in Hampshire here. Great answers, thanks a lot. Siege choppers were buggy and kinda gay in YR, by the way the hind was meant to be a TS style carryall, turreted sea scorpion? Niice :D sorry to pester you with long-term questions but brilliant answers. I just discovered tea (recently), wasn't a fan before but milk and sugar improve it.

Anyways, listening to the blog I like the way things are being done and some interesting ways of getting around problems. Nice with the harrier idea, the hydra is a good base for the idea. By the way it carried a single rocket in RA2 and YR; not two =P more of them with the same damage sounds good though.

Edited by Lt Albrecht

Guest Xiphias6

In AR-esque theory...two'll decrease the chances of missing. And we know how horrible missile tracking in Ren is...

...except the itty bitty Adv. Guard Tower...

Guest AdrwIvrsn

Two also makes sense. You have two winds with weapon hard points, so logically there can be no less than two, other than zero. However, the current model seems to have two Maverick anti-ground missiles and two AMRAAM anti-air missiles. Will the Harrier have anti-air capabilities? If not, and if those anti-air missiles are just for show, you might want to replace them with fuel tanks, and swap the location the Mavericks on the wing.

Oh, and also, we Americans LOVE tea... It's called iced tea. However, I like both kinds, iced or British.

Guest Stormweaver
Oh, and also, we Americans LOVE tea... It's called iced tea

Pfft, comparing tea to iced tea...shame on you. I mean seriously. Shame.

I could only wish I could always get a 250kb/sec DL speed for everything on the internets. I clicked when i started reading the topic, and I figure it'll have finished around the time I post this post.

EDIT: W00p - nailed it

Edited by Stormweaver

Guest Stormweaver

Wow. I was starting to get sick of a bunch of really long winded questions one guy was asking till I realised they were mine :/

42 mins, so far, awesome.

Guest Pyrodaimon

Wow. I was starting to get sick of a bunch of really long winded questions one guy was asking till I realised they were mine :/

That should do wonders to your self-esteem.

Anyhow, I haven't finished hearing the podcast, but so far I like everything.

I never came up with a question for the podcast until just NOW :D . I hope someone had mentioned it.

Guest Kakashi

I played a nice game of Earth 2150 in the background while listening, when OWA was done I was about to pwn the third "Hard" enemy with my Electrogun Crushers :D.

Guest Glaed
It's 200 mbs.

For those curious, I am working on a transcript. It'll be around by Friday or Saturday or something, depending on how much I get done in a day. I'm 17 minutes in as of now, but that was only a bit of last night. I'm paraphrasing a bit and only listing usernames on their first question. Format:

xx) <question>?

<answer>

where x is the number question it is.

Thanks for doing that, I ain't listening to a podcast (no offense to OWA meant) because it would take so long compared to reading a transcript (I read at ~500 words a minute, so I prefer to read, it saves time :D)