Blog 167 (13/01/10)

Not much to show you guys this week I'm afraid; but there are a few goodies.

<h3>Soviet Walls</h3>

Occult has been texturing the Soviet Walls, using some of TheBeerinator's textures to keep continuity in the visuals. These walls will be appearing ingame soon!

Walls.png

Solid!

<h3>Soviet Conscript</h3>

I've just about completed the basic shape of the conscript's head and will be moving in to polish it up sometimes this weekend. He's looking pretty mean now, with plenty of bits left to do.

Conscript01-1.pngConscript02-1.png

Mommy?

<h3>New Menu Strings</h3>

When I'm not working on the conscript, I like to work on the string tables. This week, I've been working on better menu text for the options menu. I find these new strings a lot more descriptive than the old renegade ones.

Just take a look, it's pretty self-explanatory.

menu1.pngmenu2.png

Also, here's a nice picture of the carpet that every Soviet wants to own.

menu3.png

<h3>ModDB Voting</h3>

Voting continues as ModDB aim to find winners for the Mod Of The Year awards.

There is only around a week of voting left, and every vote counts!

• First, login at ModDB and view the Top 100 Released & Top 100 Unreleased
    post-5426-1263255504.jpg

• 1. Click on the game headers to view the projects in that category. Apocalypse Rising is unreleased Indie, A Path Beyond is released Indie. AR is listed near the bottom of the page, here; APB is listed third in its category is farther down the page.

• 2. Click to vote for the project you've selected and let it save your vote (this could take a second or two). "Vote!" will become "Voted!" and you've done your part.

<div align="center">post-5426-1263255647.jpg</div>

Thanks to everyone who's voted so far! Let's hope we can win something to bring back to the community with us.

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

I've been having fun in the snow!! I hope it clears up for me to go back to uni on friday though...

cfehunter is back on the ship to hunt wales.

dtrngd passed his exam! Give him a round of applause!

danpaul88 has taken a week out to go to Centre Parcs! Awesome!

Occult has been making the APB trailer and next week we're going to start on an AR one!

rm5348 has been helping Occult with 3d stuff for the APB trailer.

Poggel has been modelling up the SMAW.

The rest of the team have been lurking.

<h3>OWA's Random Corner</h3>

I like cats.

<center><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></center>

<h3>Adios!</h3>

Til next week!

Guest thepcman

menu3.png

Hmm.... Is that in the Barracks? also what does it say in thee toop left cornor? Something about Chronominers?

Guest thepcman

hes seen too much KILL HIM !!!!

WHY CANT I EDIT MY POSTS AFTER SOMEONE HAS POSTED INFROUNT OF IT??

Anyway, yes, I have seen too much! :D

AR_Picture_Enhanced.png

You got the Chronominer Teleport working?

and Questions:

1. If you are a Player Chronominer, how do you teleport?

2.Is the Ore "Mineable"? (does it go away after you mine it?)

3. How does Veteran and Elite Units work? Say if I had a SEAL in a Prism tank and I destroy the enemy War Factory and barracks, and I become a Veterian, and my Prism tank is Destroyed/Sold/I got out of it, does my SEAL become veteran too? and if someone Steals my prism tank, will it still be veteran? and if I buy a NEW Prism tank, will it be veteran? BASICALLY: Is Veteran carried by Vehicle or Infantry Character, or both?

Thank you, and hope that you understand all that, and that Wallywood dosen't want to kill me again!

Already voted too

Great blog OWA you never disappoint :)

btw DIBS on the carpet

Thanks Boris :)

Hmm.... Is that in the Barracks? also what does it say in thee toop left cornor? Something about Chronominers?

Indeed. It's both Miner's debug outputs.

WHY CANT I EDIT MY POSTS AFTER SOMEONE HAS POSTED INFROUNT OF IT??

Anyway, yes, I have seen too much! :D

http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv8/pcm...re_Enhanced.png

You got the Chronominer Teleport working?

and Questions:

1. If you are a Player Chronominer, how do you teleport?

2.Is the Ore "Mineable"? (does it go away after you mine it?)

3. How does Veteran and Elite Units work? Say if I had a SEAL in a Prism tank and I destroy the enemy War Factory and barracks, and I become a Veterian, and my Prism tank is Destroyed/Sold/I got out of it, does my SEAL become veteran too? and if someone Steals my prism tank, will it still be veteran? and if I buy a NEW Prism tank, will it be veteran? BASICALLY: Is Veteran carried by Vehicle or Infantry Character, or both?

Thank you, and hope that you understand all that, and that Wallywood dosen't want to kill me again!

Yeah, we got it working.

You click to chronoshift.

It doesn't go away.

Vehicles and infantry have separate veterancy, so if you are a conscript in a rhino tank and you jump out after killing lots of grizzly tanks, the conscript won't be promoted. However, if you lose your vechicle and run back to base, your vehicle veterancy will stay. So if you get in another Rhino tank after yours has been destroyed, your veterancy won't change. It give you an incentive to stay alive.

Guest ‡ BSN General ‡

menu3.png

I want that carpet !

Guest v1410nl

AR:Badass

blarg rules <3

the wall tho i believe v14 will use as his new play thing when inferno isnt around D:

Why just the wall? I can use everything as my plaything.

Guest cuddling

How do you get those pictures under your posts?

Dont know how... :D

Its called a signature, click on "My Controls" at the top right of the forum page.

But this is completely off topic =|

Guest ganein14

Why just the wall? I can use everything as my plaything.

Think you can give the Kirov nuclear Dreadnought missiles? (When they both come out of course)