Dev.Blog 3 - Lethal Weapon 3 (11/7/2011)

Guest r315r4z0r

Yeah that is true. It would only be balanced if the prices for vehicles were balanced themselves.

But as for the PP being useless after the defenses are destroyed and War Factory is destroyed, this is also true. But come to think of it, it was like that in Renegade too. Unless the PP did something else besides increase price and shutdown defenses?

I guess it should be enough if the dead PP shuts down the advanced defenses, doubles or triples to production time and limits the radar to friendly targets only (shutting radar completely would make radar worthless). That's pretty much enough. No need to make any more unless there is a extra feature in new reborn which can be affected by PP we don't know about yet...

Well, I think the PP getting destroyed could sensibly effect the tech level. Like I suggested before, slowing down advancement or reverting it to an earlier state would make it plenty important. If the rebuilding mechanics are still in the foreseeable future, then it could have an effect on that instead.

Guest APB_ICE

Well, I think the PP getting destroyed could sensibly effect the tech level. Like I suggested before, slowing down advancement or reverting it to an earlier state would make it plenty important.

True, but that's what the Tech' Centre is for.

Edited by APB_ICE

Guest r315r4z0r

Perhaps both are true.

What if there is a tech center and a PP on the map? If the tech center goes into low power due to the PP getting destroyed, then that could mean that the tech levels would increase at a much slower pace.

Well, to be fair it hasn't been on my mind so far and it's no surprise I'd forget something that is literally fresh off the presses. Am I to assume that EMP might also have an effect on hacking, then, too? Assuming it's able to shut down buildings.

A good strategy might end up being a mobile EMP and an APC full of engineers rushing in and and quickly hacking things while buildings/defenses are out of power.

How will the big EMP cannon function? If it's a global effect I'd imagine it might be easier to tie it into powering down buildings- And it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to simply say "Vehicles and personnel EMP bursts aren't enough to effect buildings."

Guest Mei Terumi

Perhaps both are true.

What if there is a tech center and a PP on the map? If the tech center goes into low power due to the PP getting destroyed, then that could mean that the tech levels would increase at a much slower pace.

I just think more maps actually should have a PP

Guest Mei Terumi

How are emp mines gonna work anyway? is it gonna be a blast radius? or will it only disable the vechicle what drove over it? will it disable hud elements also? like the map?

Guest credulo

Oh yeah. I forgot to ask. You have EMP proxy mines. That is pretty cool. But I suppose you're getting rid of regular infantry proximity mines?

Yes, no more proxy mines and your not going to be able to throw them on team mates :p

That changes everything. Hacking/GS C4'in would be possible too...

But, if your veh get the EMP blast and freeze - will you be able to leave it ?

Guest Pyrodaimon

Were cyborgs in TS even affected by EMP? I have conflicting memories of it happening; I recall at least one time when I saw cyborgs with the purple sparkling on.

Guest r315r4z0r

With structure interiors and the whole hacking bit, is it still possible to destroy/repair a structure internally? And if so what way? Are you using the MCT system or are you doing the building weakpoint system?