APB installation crashes

333ggg

Well, hello, my friend cant install APB (TSR was installed correclty tho)
it crashes during a patch installation (he doesnt remember which one), just after always.smth
Antivirus awas disabled and w3d was runned as admin
He has already tried a trick from here, but still failed
please help
Aaand there are some files u may need:

errors.log

diagnostics.log

I've paged the guys who should know more about the launcher side of things so they should be able to give you an actual answer later, but first, since the issue happens with APB and not TSR, I have to ask: is your friend on Windows XP? If he is, then that's the problem - scripts 5.0 doesn't support it.

Thats good, at least we can rule that out. This is a bit of a shot in the dark, as I cant read the errors.log as well as danpaul could, but try this for me: Go in that package-cache folder (i think) and delete the dependencies folder. It may not be in that folder (im away from my PC so im going from memory) but check it out and then try to install as admin again. Let us know what happens please :) 

I found this in the errors.log file.

Message: Unable to erase target directory for an installation.

Message: A game installation of type INSTALL failed. Reason: Failed to clean target directory

And it points to this directory: D:\Games\W3D Hub\games\apb-release\data

Please delete the data folder and try again.

Edit: Maybe even delete the apb-release folder? Just to have a clean installation.

Sup.

"Недостаточно места на диске." means "Insufficient disk space". Plain and simple.

So I guess the culprit is a lot simpler than anticipated. It's hard for me to tell the exact numbers, but I'd say that about double the size of Delta in free HDD space should be enough for the smooth installation.

13 hours ago, Chaos_Knight said:

Sup.

"Недостаточно места на диске." means "Insufficient disk space". Plain and simple.

So I guess the culprit is a lot simpler than anticipated. It's hard for me to tell the exact numbers, but I'd say that about double the size of Delta in free HDD space should be enough for the smooth installation.

Awesome :D Thanks for that handy translation!

I guess the quickest solution would probably be to clear your system restore points and run disk cleanup! If you need assistance doing those things, just let me know!

Well, thnx for help, he has succesfully installed apb
but, unfortunately, he cant play it cuz he cant install c++ redistributable needed to play apb due to his unupdated windows (his net connection literally is shit, so he just cant update)

You said he's running windows 7 right? If thats the case, then he can get 90% up to date all in one go by downloading the appropriate package here. Its like a service pack, but not quite, and it contains many many updates that would have to otherwise be downloaded through the buggy update system. This is hours (possibly days) quicker than letting windows update do its "thing" and is ideal for slow connections, as long as it doesn't drop out a lot. Let us know if we can help in any other way!

• 2 weeks later...

If your friend is struggling with downloading something, then he won't be enjoying his online performance much due to latency and other factors.

I'd state the obvious, and recommend your friend to get a decent Internet connection. A legitimate Windows 10 installation would also make life easier for gaming. But then again, by the sound of it, a whole new computer might be helpful as well. ;)