[Game Over] Star Wars Mafia: Jedi vs Sith

VERTi60

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

If he failed an action though, how did he get to take a second and still talk this round? He's been "accounted" for each round.

No, you misunderstand. I'm suggesting that if you visit a Sith, in exchange for not being able to talk, you gain FP. But if you go too many times not visiting a Sith, you lose FP faster.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

No, you misunderstand. I'm suggesting that if you visit a Sith, in exchange for not being able to talk, you gain FP. But if you go too many times not visiting a Sith, you lose FP faster.

Though I'll quote myself and say that I have no evidence to suggest this. Shade can't tell me, so I'm just spitballing here and will just have to see what happens.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

That seems... a bit convoluted.... I mean, I can't say that's not true, but at the same time that's a bit of a jump to get to that conclusion.

Just now, Retaliation said:

So Voe...

Is telling us about his corruption, then turning around and fully embracing it something he would do?

It is something he would do... but at the same time I think we'd be well within our rights to try and stop him.  Who knows what else leads down the dark path.

5 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

So Voe...

Is telling us about his corruption, then turning around and fully embracing it something he would do?

In the case that Voe is a Jedi and actually was corrupted, I'm sure this exact thought was the idea behind targeting him in the first place.

However, Jeod called this a "misstep" after the fact.

All of this is speculation right now, plus whatever contact Shade has with Category5. Voe is suspicious since the rest of us seem pretty clean. I'd be on board with checking him out, although he seemed quite powerful in combat. We should also consider that he was the one who defeated Jeod, the known sith. This gave him a lot of townie points, in my opinion, but it's possible his corrupted wasn't actually stopped as he claimed, because he didn't want to die.

In Voe's defense, that slight bit of corruption has a power or attack that may be of help to him should he find himself in a duel and that's why he has kept it. I could think of no other reason to mention being corrupted, being given the ability to remove said corruption, and telling us he has yet to.

Just now, FRAYDO said:

In Voe's defense, that slight bit of corruption has a power or attack that may be of help to him should he find himself in a duel and that's why he has kept it. I could think of no other reason to mention being corrupted, being given the ability to remove said corruption, and telling us he has yet to.

How do you know that?

Mafia edit: that slight bit of corruption may have a power or attack

I can only rightly assume even a touch of dark side brings a power that Voe would be more than happy to use while still leaving himself an opportunity to return to the Light Side and win for Town.

2 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

I can only rightly assume even a touch of dark side brings a power that Voe would be more than happy to use while still leaving himself an opportunity to return to the Light Side and win for Town.

surprised.jpg

I recommend it. Protects you from being targetable by anything that night for the low, low price of 10FP, though as I stated my concern earlier, that would no doubt include friendly Jedi Force Ghosts paying you a visit.

See, cuz the way I see it, with a grand total of ONE claimed Shit action taken against any Jedi so far this game, it seems really odd for you to think you in particular have any reason to defend yourself. It seems especially odd for you to do so at a time that leaves you totally open to "attack" next turn when you have to rest and that you did so during a turn when a lot of players were resting.

On the other hand, we Jedi have gotten lots of information about each other through Force Sense and Mind Meld, actions that you would also happen to avoid by using this action. I wonder if you were, perhaps doing something else that you didn't want myself or ChopBam finding out about?

Therefore, the one condition where your actions make the most sense, is if you are Shit, and you prevented anyone from interacting with you while you did something you didn't want people to know about (for example, learning a Dark Force action) and then sitting through the next phase where you clearly won't be at any risk of being attacked or caught because you have to rest. It buys you two phases of safety from the people who might suspect you.