Invitation to the Mafia Championship Season 5 at Mafia Universe

I thought I could add a poll to the OP, but I can't, soooo. I don't really want to make another thread for this, so let's try something else.

http://www.strawpoll.me/15580166/r

Will check the poll after the D1 hammer in the ongoing game. Winner picks his backup.

Edited by Category 5 Hurricane

8 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Well, if I went with just the people who actually did ##UnitReady then I would have only had myself and Jeod. I decided to guess on the rest, and I guessed you wouldn't play.

Tbh I feel like we'd do well as champ and backup. From the looks of the poll, @OrangeP47 gets the ticket.

14 hours ago, Jeod said:

Tbh I feel like we'd do well as champ and backup. From the looks of the poll, @OrangeP47 gets the ticket.

What I wish they'd actually do is allow each community to help their representative in like a group chat thing, so it's more like community vs. community, rather than just selected people from each community, some of which probably belong to several and might actually have MU as their main hangout.

8 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

What I wish they'd actually do is allow each community to help their representative in like a group chat thing, so it's more like community vs. community, rather than just selected people from each community, some of which probably belong to several and might actually have MU as their main hangout.

Agreed. When I get back from my trip I’ll see what I need to do as a backup.

4 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

One thing you need to do is continue the tradition of the backup writing the champion's introduction.

I’ll see if I can get to it this week. After six days off I have six days of work ahead of me.

Here are the instructions from that portion.

"BIO:
[Insert whatever information or fun facts that you wish here. Talk about your mafia-related accolades, impressive stats, fun anecdotes, favorite role to play, strengths and weaknesses, your approach to the game, other players' quotes about you, or take out the piss on the whole thing and make some jokes. The ball is entirely in your court, this will be how you present yourself to your fellow competitors and to the many spectating communities.]

Feel free to enlist the help of your community to make this bio."

After you've written it up, send it to me (or post it here, I guess) and I'll put it in my PM chain with Thingyman.  There are a few other things requested like Nationality and How long I've been playing mafia, as sort of a form, but I can handle that.

14 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

@ChopBam or anyone oldbie enough to remember, where was PointlessAmbler from? I've been thinking for a while that SirLagsALot over at MU is PointlessAmbler.

I met Pointlessambler IRL back in 2011. He's from the Bay Area, like me.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, two things.

1)  The game I'm in starts Monday.  It might be time for someone (not me) to create a "viewing doc" where you can all discuss the game while it's ongoing.  I can't be involved with that, for obvious reasons.

2)  Jeod is my backup, but is going to be rather busy during this time period.  Someone else could possibly take his place, not that I anticipate needing a backup.