Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Coolrock

What music are you listening to?

Recommended Posts

What’re you listening to right now? What kind of music do you like? Favorite band?

I’m currently listening to Element Eighty - Broken Promises. 

I enjoy a pretty big range of music. Rock/Metal, Rap/HipHop, Pop, J-Pop/J-Rock, and even some dub-step. Nobody else in my family has my music taste either. I guess the internet is to blame for that. 

As for favorite band/singer, it’s really hard to say because I enjoy so much music. If I had to actually choose based on who I’ve listened to the most over the years, I’d probably go with Michael Jackson. Always enjoyed listening to him, and probably will for many years to come.

Your turn!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only two kinds of music. Country, and western.

 

People who play upright bass pick up ten times more chicks than those who don't.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Testament said:

People who play upright bass pick up ten times more chicks than those who don't.

The animal kind maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Testament said:

The only two kinds of music. Country, and western.
 

I honestly can't do Country. I've tried so many times. Tim Mcgraw was the best I could do, and even then only a very few select songs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Inferno said:

The animal kind maybe.

Your mother is quite the animal, yes. Wicked broad.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Testament said:

You're mother is quite the animal, yes. Wicked broad.

Epic.

Anyways I listen to hip-hop and any electronic music of any kind. Anything that doesn't involve guitars I listen to, basically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Inferno said:

Epic.

Anyways I listen to hip-hop and any electronic music of any kind. Anything that doesn't involve guitars I listen to, basically.

Top 5 favorite hip-hop artists?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm usually always jamming some hip-hop/lo-fi mix in the background.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coolrock said:

Top 5 favorite hip-hop artists?

Hard to say if you've listened to 100's... I'm narrowing down to American artists all time (because I think that's what you're asking):

Eminem, 2pac, Kid Cudi, Kanye West and 50 cent.

Please don't whoopdiscoop me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The music that I love the most is music that I create by myself)) But seriously, my preferences in music which I am listening through radio are changing from time to time. For now, it is break-beat like what Seanicus did, something bright and technic like Hideki Naganuma, something rocky like Jun Senoue, and of course it is Frank Klepacki with his very catchy funk melodies and speech (Frank is a good soloist, you know).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Inferno said:

Hard to say if you've listened to 100's... I'm narrowing down to American artists all time (because I think that's what you're asking):

Eminem, 2pac, Kid Cudi, Kanye West and 50 cent.

Please don't whoopdiscoop me.

I actually have listened to some EU guys also. My favorite would have to be Dave - Hangman. I enjoy everyone you listed also. You can feel free to name anyone. I always enjoy finding new music I haven’t heard before :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Coolrock said:

I actually have listened to some EU guys also. You favorite would have to be Dave - Hangman. I enjoy everyone you listed also. You can feel free to name anyone. I always enjoy finding new music I haven’t heard before :)

Worthy of mentioning (in no particular order): Stromae, A$AP Rocky and Ferg, Mobb Deep, Maître GIMS, Dr. Dre, Eazy E, Biggie Smalls, Jay Z, Nicki Minaj's old shit was actually decent (before she got famous), Trick Trick, Lloyd Banks, Tony Yayo, The Game, Future, Kendrick Lamar, T.I., Iggy Azalea, Lil Wayne, French Montana, Juicy J, I actually like some of Lil Xan's shit (don't crucify me), Wiz Khalifa, Snoop Dogg, Fat Joe, Run DMC, Gucci Mane, Drake, Rick Ross, Ace Hood, Pimp C, Immortal Technique, Migos, Wacka Flocka Flame, Tyga, The Weeknd, Pharell Williams, and some other artists I definitely should have included. 

If you want Dutch artists too, I guess I could give some names for that as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ChopBam said:

Did somebody say.... country??

COUNTRY ROAADDDDDDSSSSSS

TAKE MEE HOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

TO THE PLAAAACEEEEE

I BELONNNGGGGGGGG

WEST VIRGINIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

MOUNTAIN MAMAAAAAAAAAA

TAKE MEE HOMEEEEEEEE

COUNTRY ROOAAAAADDSSSSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Inferno said:

Worthy of mentioning (in no particular order): Stromae, A$AP Rocky and Ferg, Mobb Deep, Maître GIMS, Dr. Dre, Eazy E, Biggie Smalls, Jay Z, Nicki Minaj's old shit was actually decent (before she got famous), Trick Trick, Lloyd Banks, Tony Yayo, The Game, Future, Kendrick Lamar, T.I., Iggy Azalea, Lil Wayne, French Montana, Juicy J, I actually like some of Lil Xan's shit (don't crucify me), Wiz Khalifa, Snoop Dogg, Fat Joe, Run DMC, Gucci Mane, Drake, Rick Ross, Ace Hood, Pimp C, Immortal Technique, Migos, Wacka Flocka Flame, Tyga, The Weeknd, Pharell Williams, and some other artists I definitely should have included. 

If you want Dutch artists too, I guess I could give some names for that as well.

No Scrappy, Lil Jon, $uicideboy$, Akon, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Cam’ron, Three-Six Mafia, DMX, E-40, Ice Cube, Lil Yachty, Ludacris, or Plies?!

I’m sure we could do this for a while, haha. I really do enjoy just about everyone you named. One of my favorite genres for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

 

Spoiler

 

ITS A FIDDLE KINDA NIGHT
 

Spoiler

 

AND BANJO TOO

I really don't get how people can like any hip hop post 2005. It became souless trash just like the majority of contempary country music.

LEAN BACK, LEAN BACK. - Fat Joe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually, most of the hip-hop and rap I listen to is from the mid-2000 era. I only dip into a few new artist to stay current, but I do agree that it’s not the same as it used to be. I do enjoy some of the newer beats, but there are also times when lyrics don’t match up with it, and drive me crazy.

Lil Jon - Alive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...